This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Home detection

mbalik79mbalik79 Member
edited August 2016 in Archive
I have a problem with the home detection of homey. Sometimes it did not detect when I am at home. 
I am using a android phone (with homey app) and they are connected to the same SSID, but it not always sees when I am getting home (not even with the GPS on). Could it be that is being caused by my router (wifi access-point). I have technicolor (UPC) modem. 
Are there more people having trouble with this? (Could it be the _ in SSID name?)

Comments

• pocpoc Member
    Sometimes when i already am at home ,homey tells me that i am coming home ?! .If it is a problem with the android app or something else i don't know.The app doesnt work all that well , giving voice commands is oke but i can't see my devices at all ,thus can't control them with the app.
  • poc said:
    But i can't see my devices at all ,thus can't control them with the app.
    You have to use the door on the upper right. Did you try that?
  • poc said:
    Since yesterday I have the same problem on my Samsung tab.. The Android app doesn't show my devices anymore.
  • Would love to see a proper home detection using my phone (eh iPhone). It is a great start for many flows.
  • pocpoc Member
    poc said:
    yes ,when i press the door i can see my living room ,bathroom etc. but when clicking on them i get a blank screen with nothing ,so no devices.I Am running on android 4.2.1 ,my wife's phone runs on android 6.0 and sees all the devices and controls them.So mabey its an android isue.
This discussion has been closed.