This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Alecto door bell

fiekfiek Member
Hi guys,

After the update to homey version 0.9.1, the Alecto app crashed, so I removed the app, rebooted and installed it again. But now I can't pair my ADB 17 door bell anymore. Is there another solution than pulling the plug for a few hours or rebooting several times??????

Comments

• fiekfiek Member
    Pulled the plug for a about half an hour... Still no able to pair the doorbell. Will pull the plug for a few hours and then try again.
  • my Alecto app doesn't work on 9.2 guess athom needs to update the app
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited August 2016
    Any news on a fix? pulling the plug didnt help this time....
  • fiekfiek Member
    Why can nobody from athom post an update about this?
  • AnnemarieAnnemarie Member
    edited August 2016
    hi Fiek,  I have been able to reproduce the issue and we're working on a fix. Keep you updated
  • fiekfiek Member
    Annemarie said:
    hi Fiek,  I have been able to reproduce the issue and we're working on a fix. Keep you updated
    Hello Annemarie,

Can You give an ETA? I posted this issue on github four weeks ago
  • Ding Dong!! :)
  • Ding Dong!! :)
     :) No ding dong yet. I tried the latest app, but copying the signal doesn't work. Pairing the door bell receiver works, but unfortunately trigger card doesn't work  :/ It's a little bit frustrating that this issue is not solved.
  • Yeah true, however, once it is going to work, possibilities are endless so I am patiently waiting :) For now the standard doorbell receiver works fine so I will not miss someone at the door, unless I have my music too loud...
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah true, however, once it is going to work, possibilities are endless so I am patiently waiting For now the standard doorbell receiver works fine so I will not miss someone at the door, unless I have my music too loud...
    I read in another topic that you also have the exact same ADB-17. Does it work in your case when you try to pair through copying signal with latest app and 0.10.3?

My github issue is now hitting almost three month in open status:(
  • fiek said:
    Yeah true, however, once it is going to work, possibilities are endless so I am patiently waiting For now the standard doorbell receiver works fine so I will not miss someone at the door, unless I have my music too loud...
    I read in another topic that you also have the exact same ADB-17. Does it work in your case when you try to pair through copying signal with latest app and 0.10.3?

My github issue is now hitting almost three month in open status:(
    No it doesn't, copying the receiver does work so homey can let the doorbell receiver ring but that is not useful for me. Yeah I hope athom can fix this bug soon I especially bought a adb17 because it was supported in an app already :smile: . When it did work a few months ago I didn't need it yet, and now I need it but it doesn't work. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong!
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited December 2016
    The door bell issue is finally fixed in the next firmware :) I now want to make a flow that does the following. When somebody rings the door bell and I am at home and it is after sunset, I want the lamp in the hall to switch on and after a minute to switch off.

I figured eveything out except the after sunset thing. I need two flows I think. 

• The solution could be:
    If: doorbell rings
    And: somebody is home
    And: after sunset (install dim set app)
    Then: switch light on
    Then: switch light off with delay option.

I'm not sure about the after sunset option. You could test it, else the standard time function could help you.
This discussion has been closed.