This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to work with Media/ Youtube and Chromecast?

I really don't understand how i must work with the media/youtube and Chromecast functions in Homey.
In media there is nothing to see. In the Youtube and Chromecast apps, nothing seems to work. When i paste an URL it would not find it.

Someone an idea (maby with screenshots from working flows?)

Thanx!

Comments

• As far as I know (I have no personal experience with it), you need two flows to get a Youtube video on the Chromecast.
    In the first flow, you define triggers which start a YouTube movie:
    Search YouTube action

In the second flow, you use the 'Youtube media changed' card to play the newly-found youtube URL on chromecast.
    YouTube media change triggerChromecast cast URL
  • As Koen said. You need two flows.
    Search youtube card (above), you must select video from autocomplete not pasting URL.
    For playlist you paste the playlist url.

So in general in first flow you put YouTube action (search, live, playlist) and on second flow you put media changed trigger which should do something with media url (play in chromecast).
  • I really don't understand how this will work... i get an errormessage if i want to search for a video or paste an URL: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND www.googleapis.com www.googleapis.com:443

Can someone post screenshots from working flows?
  • how does the media url works, if I go to ipadres/manager/media/ there's only one black webpage with a microphone, I can't add music.

• TheMSBTheMSB Member
    how does the media url works, if I go to ipadres/manager/media/ there's only one black webpage with a microphone, I can't add music.

The media manager is still in active development and will be available soon(tm).
    All I can tell you right now is that it will be worth the wait. In the meantime you can still use apps like the Soundcloud and YouTube apps to stream music directly from your Homey. The flows posted above are one such example usage.
  • thank you :-)
  • phbphb Member
    After update to 0.9.1 Invalid capability  when trying adding chromecast
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited August 2016
    @MatjaLipu Same here... no chromecast since the update... so no youtube. The chromecast app does see the device, but gives the error "invalid_capability" when trying to pair (?) 

Could you take a look when and if you have the time? smirk 
  • MarcoWijk said:
    @MatjaLipu Same here... no chromecast since the update... so no youtube. The chromecast app does see the device, but gives the error "invalid_capability" when trying to pair (?) 

Could you take a look when and if you have the time? smirk 
    Fixed this, will release app update today!
  • Robin said: 
    Fixed this, will release app update today!
    Yay! :smiley: 
  • Just published the fix, will auto-update in 6 hours, or reinstall manually if you're in a hurry:p
  • phbphb Member
    @Robin  Thx  :)
  • Anyone got i idea how i can achieve te following:

- Every morning, when presence is detected in the living room;
    - Then, Cast live the latest NOS Nieuwsvideo to the chromecast?
    Which apps/feeds/tricks do i use?
  • Here the url from tv538

http://538hls.lswcdn.triple-it.nl/content/538tv/538tv_1.m3u8

Works with Chromecast. 

Should be great if we can see the stream of a webcam with chromecast