This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Support

13»

Comments

• @Emile
    I'm waiting for the new Qubino Z-Wave Plus modules, which will hit the market this week. Will Qubino also be included in Homey?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited September 2015

KaKu is an app :-) Basically, we integrate in Homey's 'core' if it's a standardized protocol, which is device-independent.

• BasPostBasPost Member
    edited September 2015

So Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus are standards, so it is in Homey's core? But how does Homey regonize the modules and type (dimmer/switch/sensor)?
    I'm changing from KaKu to Z-Wave at home at this moment as much as possible

We map those 'z-wave command classes' to a device Homey understands :-)

The plan is to add support for apps later as well, so they can add nice looking icons, etc.

• Including the configurable parameters off a z-wave device?

• Including the configurable parameters.

• sneakpreview off the interface? ;-)

• Emile said:
    Homey includes support for some devices, where you don't need apps. These are Z-Wave and Infrared devices, and in the future probably ZigBee.

433mhz as well right? Aka homewizard devices

• Emile said:
    Homey includes support for some devices, where you don't need apps. These are Z-Wave and Infrared devices, and in the future probably ZigBee.

Zigbee?? My door/window-sensors and motion-sensors are Zigbee. Are you saying they won't work at delivery?

Fire69 said:

Emile said:

Zigbee?? My door/window-sensors and motion-sensors are Zigbee. Are you saying they won't work at delivery?

Probably not. Which sensors do you have? And do they have a bridge?

• @Taco
    Thanks for sharing!
    I really like the interface!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2015

@Fire69:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/1623/#Comment_1623

Is there any Zigbee support at launch or is the Zigbee chip only for Show on the PCB ?

• kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited September 2015

@Taco, thx for sharing!
    Sorry for being a pain in the ..... ;-) , are all parameters on one line grouped together, or seperated in different lines?
    Love to get started with Homey, going to be 2 long months waiting.... ;-)

• Taco said:
    As stated before Homey can be included in a existing Z-Wave network if the primary controller of that network supports a Controller Shift. This is a function mandatory for Z-Wave plus controllers. If your current controller supports Controller Shift you will for sure be able to include Homey. If your controller doesn't, I can't say for sure you'll be able to.

Either way can you always create a new network with Homey.

@mvdkallen Assuming your controller made associations with all devices, it will keep receiving device updates as well as Homey after you include Homey in a existing network.

@RobinVanKekem Homey will be able to do everything the HC2 does and more and faster. If not at launch later on the road. Personally i would sell the HC2 for $$$ because they are so expensive ;)

@MarcoF You could assume a Z-Wave Plus controller can but to be sure you should check with the manufacturer.

@kasteleman You're absolutely right. Thnx!

@everyone When you all receive your Homey's please let me know what works, doesn't, or is missing in Homey's Z-Wave driver

• @kasteleman for now it is one line. The input has to be in CSV format (parameter,size,value;parameter,size,value;...). Later we can make it more fancy.

• @Taco, thx for the info.

• AppleTv = bridge for HomeKit ?
    Kickstarter campaign info !
    Will Homey support Apple's Homekit ?
    If we can find a way to keep interaction awesome, then probably yes. However, we're more of a replacement than an addition!
    https://www.elgato.com/en/eve-core

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2015

Emile said:

Fire69 said:

Emile said:

Probably not. Which sensors do you have? And do they have a bridge?

They are just regular Zigbee HA sensors, no need for a bridge, just like any Z-Wave device.
    In your support chart for Zigbee, it says 'Probably', so I don't get why you're now saying that they probably won't work at first :-(

• I have tried to include homey into my existing Fibaro z-wave network in all thinkable combinations, but can't get it to work. Could athom please provide a guide of how this should (always) work?