This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[solved] Remove a broken Z-Wave device

tweaqertweaqer Member
edited August 2016 in Devices
So I'm on Homey Firmware Version 0.9.1 and I wish to remove a device (fibaro doorsensor) that was added but also reset after adding it to Homey. How do I do that because clicking the X doesnt work:

I know I can just reset the complete z-wave setup but the rest works nicely so I dont intend on doing that unless I have to, but that seems a bit rash to remove a single broken z-wave device..

Cheers!

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2016
    It's still listed in your devices?

What if you try it through Settings - Z-wave - Remove a device?
  • Fire69 said:
    It's still listed in your devices?

What if you try it through Settings - Z-wave - Remove a device?
    Didn't work :(
  • Is it still in your device list?
  • Yes

and I also tried rebooting btw

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited August 2016
    What happens when you click the cross on the top right of this device? Will appear if you hover over the card with your mouse.
    Is the option 'remove device' available in settings -> zwave ?

Had the same problem as you have with my siren and Homey thought it was a second/slave controller of another Z-wave controller.
    The option to remove z wave devices was gone and one button said something like 'remove homey from the z-wave network' instead of the regular buttons.
    I solved it by excluding all my devices, reset z wave.
    This will erase all insights logs and devices associated to the z-wave!

• What happens when you click the cross on the top right of this device? Will appear if you hover over the card with your mouse.
    >> That's when I get the error I posted the screenshot of above

Is the option 'remove device' available in settings -> zwave ?

Had the same problem as you have with my siren and Homey thought it was a second/slave controller of another Z-wave controller.
    The option to remove z wave devices was gone
    >> for me i do have this option, it just doesn't work for this specific device

and one button said something like 'remove homey from the z-wave network' instead of the regular buttons.
    >> I don't see this myself

I solved it by excluding all my devices, reset z wave.
    >> that's what I said could be a last resort solution, but I was hoping Athom would maybe bring an alternative solution. Especially since I think this is something more people could run into in the future and you dont want to reset the whole thing every time.

This will erase all insights logs and devices associated to the z-wave!
    >> Exactly: not really what I'm looking for ;)
  • So 'remove a device' is completely missing in settings -> zwave?
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Just click the 'X' on the device and wait for about 30s. It will time-out, identify the device as a failed node and remove it automatically.

Could be more clear :-)
  • Emile said:
    Just click the 'X' on the device and wait for about 30s. It will time-out, identify the device as a failed node and remove it automatically.

Awesome, this worked! Thanks Emile!
  • Is there an option you can clear a zwave device from its previous network? I did an factory reset...  And now my zwave products can't connect.  Because they're bounded to the previous settings of homey. 

So an option to clear a zwave product without first being assigned to the controller?
  • @De_Kraai ;
    there are 2 options:
    1. Either reset the device itself, you will need the manual for the exact operation.
    2. In the settings menu, under Z-Wave, you can remove a device, which will reset it also
  • Option 1 did not do the trick,  there was no way of reseting the device on its own :/ 

Option 2 did the trick,  next time I'll have to read more carefully (a)  

Thx caseda
  • @De_Kraai ;
    Every z-wave device has its own way to reset it back to factory settings.
    If you want to know how, what device is it?
  • De_KraaiDe_Kraai Member
    edited August 2016
    @caseda ;
    Eminent EM6551 and EM6556, already contacted their customer service, they said it was only possible with help of an controller.
    but if you find a manual reset i would like to hear it. ^^
  • hmm, it almost seems like they removed the menu's (default on the Z-Wave chip) in the socket, very unusual.
    oh well, i guess that's where the "remove device" in the settings menu is really added for.
  • I've also an EM6556 builtin switch. But i cannot add it to Homey. Any clues? 
  • @PatrickV ;
    did you reset the device already?
    did you install the app?
    what version of homey and app are you on?
    what is the distance to homey?

little bit more information please :smile: we are no psychics
  • @caseda ;

sorry for the late response. 

- I've placed the homey next to the eminent 6556 not working.
    - i'm now on the latest version 1.0.2
    - which app? i cannot see any eminent app on the store.
    - i'm now tryning to figuring out how i can reset the 6556...

• Emile said:

Thanks so much!!!!