This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[App] Greenwave Systems by Athom - main discussion topic

edited August 2017 in Apps

Greenwave Systems by Athom App - main discussion topic

Main discussion topic to centralize all Questions, Answers and Information around the Greenwave Systems App for the Z-wave devices of Greenwave Systems (https://greenwavesystems.com/).
Please note, the development of Z-wave devices by Greenwave Systems has been discontinued.

Links and information:

Athom Homey apps store: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.greenwavesystems
Greenwave Systems App code repository: https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems.git (CLI install how to)

Issue resolution and feature requests:

Please be aware that this topic is not actively monitored by Athom; it is a topic maintained by the community to share knowledge within the community.
In order to keep track of issues and feature requests for the Greenwave Systems app, please them at:  https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/issues

App contribution and co-development:

This app is actively supported by the following community developers: @phuturist @caseda and @TedTolboom
Contributions to this app can be made by any community members, more information can be found on: https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Greenwave Systems App - Frequently Asked Questions 

Which devices are supported by the app:
In the app store a list of supported devices is shown with picture and description in the 'Supported devices' list. This list is generated by the actual content of the app.
In the readme of the app store, a more detailed list is maintained by the developers, showing the device numbers and the state in which the device has been implemented (e.g. basic support or fully implemented)

My device is not supported, how do I get it implemented into the app:
Most devices are implemented and Z-wave development has been discontinued. If your device is not supported, check on this topic if there are already plans to add support. In addition create a GitHub issue (see link above) to request to add support for this device.

What is the changelog of the App:
The changelog of the app is shown in the readme of the app store (see link above), but can also be derived from the commit overview on the Github repository: https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/commits/master

Forum Discussion

Initial Discussion created by @TedTolboom
Ask any Moderator to add/update/correct this Discussion.
Tagged:

Comments

• WebsterWebster Member
    edited August 2017
    Mod break: merged old Greenwave systems topic into new to include new opening post
    Is there somebody willing and able to make a app for greenwave devices
    due to the new update i am not able to use them any more

NS310-F Wall Switch including power and consumption reading
  • I think a lot of people are using the greenwave devices because they had great value for money. App for Homey would be really nice.
  • Thought that athom is working on a app for the greenwave devices
  • casedacaseda Member
    too bad the trello hasn't been updated to which apps they are going to create.
  • Manufacturer ID 0x0099

does somebody know how to convert it to a id that homey knows 

i cant find device id information 

if somebody have it please let me know i will give it a try to make a app
  • fuzzybearfuzzybear Member
    edited July 2016
    Webster said:
    Manufacturer ID 0x0099

does somebody know how to convert it to a id that homey knows 

i cant find device id information 

if somebody have it please let me know i will give it a try to make a app
    Maybe you can use this ...

<Manufacturer id="0099" name="GreenWave">
    <Product type="0002" id="0002" name="PowerNode 1 port" config="greenwave/powernode1.xml"/>
    <Product type="0003" id="0004" name="PowerNode 6 port" config="greenwave/powernode6.xml"/>
    <Product type="0003" id="0006" name="PowerNode 6 port" config="greenwave/powernode6.xml"/>
    </Manufacturer>

Looking at the fibaro app this is the type of general device specific information that is contained in the app. When looking at the fibaro app it looks like the hex values are converted to decimal which would mean the values would need to be changed to decimal. 

<Manufacturer id="153" name="GreenWave">
    <Product type="2" id="2" name="PowerNode 1 port" config="greenwave/powernode1.xml"/>
    <Product type="3" id="4" name="PowerNode 6 port" config="greenwave/powernode6.xml"/>
    <Product type="3" id="6" name="PowerNode 6 port" config="greenwave/powernode6.xml"/>
    </Manufacturer>

• I would wait 1 or 2 days until the Greenwave app is released
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Why wait? Building zwave apps should be a breeze, so with a bit of luck he can make a app before Athom is a the office and had there Monday morning coffee. 
  • Thnx for the info 

working on it now hope to have some result today / tonight
  • Then enjoy the learningcurve
  • Ok
    So far i got it to pair with the driver

next problem on/off channel closed errors

does somebody know how to translate the commands to js

in the documentation it says
    Switch GET
    Gateway sends 0x25,0x02
    response 0x25,0x03,0xXX
    XX 0x00 Output off
    XX 0xFF Output on

• this is the problem that i am having at this moment 

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'on' of undefined
    at /node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:247:58
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at /node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:229:29
    at /homey-app/wireless/zwave.js:53:12
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:987)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at handleMessage (internal/child_process.js:695:10)
    at Pipe.channel.onread (internal/child_process.js:440:11),TypeError: node.instance.CommandClass[options_capability.command_class][options_capability.command_set] is not a function
    at ZwaveDriver.capabilities.(anonymous function).get.capabilities.(anonymous function).set.node.instance.CommandClass.(anonymous function).(anonymous function) (/node_modules/homey-zwavedriver/lib/ZwaveDriver.js:54:102)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:3098
    at ZwaveDriver.drivers.(anonymous function).ready (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:2049)
    at eventListeners.clientDriver (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:2416)
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:868
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:835)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
  • Ok 

got some results tonight 
    thanks to Emile new zwave driver 

1 have 1 unit working at this moment including power measurement 

only second unit won't pair as it is saying that it is a slave module 
  • Greenwave App working nicely in the 0.9.2 firmware with my 6 port powernode. The 1 port is not supported yet.
    Great work with the Icon's showing the port!

Kuddo's!!!

• Was anyone able to edit the polling frequency and parameters of a Greenwave node 6 device? Trying the save the changes seems to time out here.

And is anyone from the community working on support for the Greenwave Powernode-1 ?
  • Phuturist said:
    Was anyone able to edit the polling frequency and parameters of a Greenwave node 6 device? Trying the save the changes seems to time out here.

And is anyone from the community working on support for the Greenwave Powernode-1 ?
    Yes, I am able to edit and save polling parameter. 
  • i am busy with the powernode 1

got it working exept power measurement
  • Who needs power measurement ;-)

Thnx Webster!
  • Eternity said:
    Phuturist said:
    Was anyone able to edit the polling frequency and parameters of a Greenwave node 6 device? Trying the save the changes seems to time out here.

Yes, I am able to edit and save polling parameter. 
    Are you editing a specific socket or the main powernode device? Adding custom parameters is (logically) only possible on the main device but it wont save.
  • I was able to edit and save both the 'general' and the individual devices.
  • Webster said:
    i am busy with the powernode 1

got it working exept power measurement
    do you have some code?
  • Eternity said:
    I was able to edit and save both the 'general' and the individual devices.
    Well, seems I can edit polling frequency but not set any custom parameters ...
  • It seems the app is only logging the total power consumption to Homey Insights. It would be nice if also the current power consumption can be logged to Homey Insights, just like Domoticz does. Thanks to that feature I discovered problems with my fridge earlier this year :smile:
  • Yep that is also the problem that i have not current but total power consumption 

i will try to tune the code this weekend if it is working i will put it on github
  • Webster said:

i will try to tune the code this weekend if it is working i will put it on github
    Could you release it either way, I can live with incorrect power consumption but I would really like to be able to use my powernode-1 devices again.
  • @Phuturist ;

1 device is no problem but i get a time out when trying to connect the second unit 

• Webster said:
    @Phuturist ;

1 device is no problem but i get a time out when trying to connect the second unit 

Ouch, I need it for two devices. Currently adding them as basic zwave devices. That seems to work as well and I can control the on/off capability. Good enough for now for me. Cant really help with coding but I'd be happy to test, just let me know.
  • Ok Got it working for multiple units 
    who whants to make the svg images for me 

if i have the good images i can put it on github 

Working 

Pairing 
    Total power consumed 

Not Working 
    Instant power measurement
  • Webster said:
    Ok Got it working for multiple units 
    who whants to make the svg images for me 

if i have the good images i can put it on github 

Working 

Pairing 
    Total power consumed 

Not Working 
    Instant power measurement

Do you know if there is documentation on the image specifications. I have some experience with image editors and might be able to make those if I know the requirements.

• small svg is 75 X 75 pixels
    big svg is 400 x 400 pixels