This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
doorlock

Nuki doorlock

scenarbelgiumscenarbelgium Member
edited April 2018 in Ideas & Suggestions

i' m looking for an new doorlock and I found nuki (previous noki) , this is a funded kickstarter project for european doorlocks. It Will come with a open API , but they don't want to integratie with homey themselfs. ( I ask them allready and this was the answer "we won't integrate with homey as we are focusing on other areas at the moment. However, Nuki will come with a public API so anyone can integrate with Nuki (for example the homey team)." https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1227497591/noki-the-smart-doorlock-for-europe

@emile Would it be possible to integratie with homey ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Have you seen Invited Smart Lock?

• scenarbelgiumscenarbelgium Member
    edited September 2015

Yes I have, but noki opens the door when you are close enough ( within a range of 3 meter via bluetooth) handsfree , the original cilinder can be used. From the outside the original doorkey can be used. I dont know whats the best , invited smartlock, Nemef entr , nuki, ?? I think it is verry important that homey can handel it , i' m a little lazy ,so " hey homey : open the door please" is cool :p

• When you are inside the house home can open it by voice, outside homey can do it with the app. But my experience is that it is to much work to catch your phone to open the door.
    Invited smart lock has a remote control that's easy to use.
    But that's my experience.
    I have homewizard and when I go away the lock automatically switch to night stand.

• I was wondering about doorlocks. I have been reading about he three possible solutions. From what i read, the nuki would not be something that i personally would choose. I would say that a system that includes a cilinder is a more reliable solution. So that would leave the Nemef solution or the invited smartlock.
    The Nemef seems to be a complete solution including smartphone support. The invited smartlock seems to be working only with its own hardware. If you want to be able to use your smartphone, you would need a HomeWizard or Homey. The question is.... Is one of these systemes going to be supported by Homey?

• MennoVanGrinsven said:
    I was wondering about doorlocks. I have been reading about he three possible solutions. From what i read, the nuki would not be something that i personally would choose. I would say that a system that includes a cilinder is a more reliable solution. So that would leave the Nemef solution or the invited smartlock.
    The Nemef seems to be a complete solution including smartphone support. The invited smartlock seems to be working only with its own hardware. If you want to be able to use your smartphone, you would need a HomeWizard or Homey. The question is.... Is one of these systemes going to be supported by Home?

Yes invited smart lock is supported bij Homey.

• A little off topic but...

+1 for Nemef ENTR.

The only trust worthy smart lock if you ask me.

• jordenjorden Member
    edited September 2015

This seems interesting, but a little unsafe. The Noki box is on the outside and has the key in it to turn the cilinder? Which in theory means you can break off the Noki box and have the key...
    I just continued reading and it seems Noki is on the inside, which makes it safe.

What seems to be missing from Nemef ENTR, is the auto unlock when you get near with your phone and Bluetooth on. I want to be able to unlock the door by touching it without getting my phone out of my pocket. Also, another remote in my pocket is not a preferrable option.

edited September 2015

That it opens without the need to take my phone out of my pocket or any other remote dous it for me. I think it has all of the other options Nemef or Invited have. The only question is , could someone, later On help me to make homey compatible with noki ?

• I've got my front door at the base floor of my house but we live at the first floor. So when someone is at the door I want to enable the door from the first floor. I'm a bit lazy also :) Oh no, it's for when it's raining here in the low countries, then my guests don't have to wait so long till I'm downstairs :P.

Now I managed this with a camera on my doorbell. I bought an Elro device some years ago to do this and it works perfectly.

I'm a bit reticent to make my front or back door manageble via Homey or an other device which is connected to internet... It's not that I'm a doom thinker but I've got a very geeky little boy as neighbour who is a bit into hacking. I don't want him to be able to hack my network and open my doors... If he controls my light will be very annoying but it won't be as dangerous as opening my doors.

• @petergroeneweg Do you think it is so easy to hack the locks? I tought they are as safe as homebanking protocols ? I think everything thats wireless has to be safe even homey ;-)

• It's a bit naive to think that a wireless device can't be hacked.
    Anything can be hacked, that's 100% certain.
    You just have to figure out how hard it is, and if burglars will want to invest in the technology needed to open your front door when they can also just break a window to get in your house...

• But they could also invest in a brick and throw it trough your window. It is alway possible to break in. It is the trick to make it difficult for them and as easy as possible for yourself to get in.

• Though some insurance companies wont pay out if there are no traces of a break in

• Just like @scenarbelgium I'm looking for one. I feel like the next step (after Homey, IoT lights and some appliances) is the front door. For some time I've been looking into it, and pretty much everything that's out there now, and even the ones that are on KS/IndieGG are aimed at the US market, or are just way out of my budget ($500+). I was so desperate that I wanted to make my own buzzer and somehow allow it to be wirelessly controlled via Arduino with Homey, but that wouldn't be secure and I'm not one to know all about it....

I decided to go with Nuki after some more research, and reached out to them as well about integration, and i got the same reply...

Yes, Nuki will be released with an open API, which means Nuki can be added to your smart home system. Currently we are focussing on the development of Nuki itself, to make it as comfortable, smart and secure as possible. Next year, after we will finally have launched Nuki for all our Nuki fans, we will work on more features and the integration in special home automation systems. Until we can release any software regarding that from our side, everyone can write software that connects Nuki with home automation systems.

So I guess now I just have to wait until someone builds the Nuki app on the Homey app store. Crossing my fingers that more people will get it and be able to make the plugin!!

• I might buy a Nuki if it's completely compatible with my (Dutch) door and when I have saved some money. I might be able to create a Homey-app out of it if nobody else does that.

edited September 2015

@jorden
    I buy a noki when I am sure there Will be An app for homey,
    and Yes it is for european Doors they say
    Thx it Would be great if you can create this app :-)

• Any news concerning nuki support? I am interested in buying a smart lock. Invited smart lock is not capable for me. My other choice is danalock which features z-wave, but I haven't found any information about it here.
  • Iemand ervaring met het automatisch openmaken van de nuki?
    hij herkent dat je in de buurt bent en hij gaat open.
    Maar als je in huis bent, blijft hij dan open? Want je bent dan within bluetooth range.
  • English please :smile: 
  • why use a nuki, when the solution can be completely done with Fibaro? I will post my solution later this day. Using a fibaro FIB_FGBS-001 Universal-Sensor, De Fibaro 1x2.5kW switch a cardreader module and a real good door lock...

Hopefully its possible to post a movie here...

• I'd like my Nuki to work with Homey and it's a big reason why I bought it. Hoping it would work with Homey. I understand that so many people here do have Fibaro and use only it, but for those of us like me, I don't have a single Fibaro device, but I am eagerly awaiting Nuki. 
  • The Nuki will probably be a nicer looking solution also I guess? 
  • +1 for Nuki,
     looked at invited but "if the cylinder is placed above the knob, then it wil not work" also the use of the existing key is appreciated, as all my locks use the same (security type) key. So lets hope someone can make it work :-)
  • For those interested, there is another electronic lock available 
    http://www.nemefentr.nl

• Here is the actual company website for the ENTR: http://entrlock.com.
    Does anyone know where to buy it or the price of that thing?
  • They have basically zero English or German dealers, that's kind of crazy to me.
    On one of the NL dealer pages I saw something like 220€ but since I don't speak that language I have no idea if that's all you need and how good it actually is.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2016
    Nemef is big in Holland, try searching for it as Mul-T-lock 

http://www.lockandkeyshop.co.uk/acatalog/Mul-t-Lock-ENTR-.html