This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Push notification to phone

I think it's a really basic question.
I'm quite new to Homey, been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now and following it since Kickstarter.
Since yesterday I have my Homey and I'm trying to get things to work.

I was trying to let my Homey send me a push notification to my phone (iPhone).. But it looks like I need to pair it?
When I add the pushnotification to the Flow editor you need to select a phone-device, but it says no results found.
Is there something I do wrong?

Comments

• I guess that you need to install the Homey app on your device if you haven't done already
  • As far as I know, push notifications are not yet supported on IOS. You also need the app, but the IOS version is still development.

See also:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1433/official-homey-ios-app-discussion-topic#latest
  • BumbleBumble Member
    Homey seems to be unaware of me being home or not... Seems to be something is missing..?
  • Also location awareness is not yet supported on IOS. See the link in the previous post for more info.
  • BumbleBumble Member
    I installed the iOS app, think it has to do with it not supporting yet..
  • Yeah, we're still working on implementing all features in the iOS app. Currently, push notifications and home detection are not working yet for iOS. Push notifications is up next for implementation, home detection might take a while as we're still trying to perfect the algorithm on Android (easier update process and beta releases allow for faster feedback cycles on Android) and when we've found that we will port that to iOS.
  • PandaPanda Member
    If you don't want to wait for push notification support you could try pushbullet or pushover, both are in Homeys app store.
  • BumbleBumble Member
    Thanks Panda! Works just fine
  • jordenjorden Member
    Or Telegram, coming soon ;)