This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Weather Underground unofficial Homey app (v1.0.3)

Comments

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited July 2016
    EdTst said:
    Does test flow work?

I see the message that the flow has started, also the card has an triangle that says 'Temp 25.7 is above 20'but nothing happens then.
    Could you provide a screenshot please?
    Does push notification work?
    Could you test with Homey saying something (instead of push notification which has some difficulties).
    Test could go wrong because I provide Homey with a static value of 5, for testing.
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    EdTst said:
    Did you have selected the right weather station? You can check in the Insights page what the temp is that the weather station is reporting.

Or test it via the API of WU: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21835/#Comment_21835

Yes, I can see al data there. I verified the temererature at the given time is higher than the set 20.
    In my humble opinion, I'm just a noob, than the problem is the push notification.

Then why do I get the notification if I remove the wu card?
  • App updated.
    Build in voice triggers, voice action cards, better handling of empty, undefined data to prevent crashes.
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    EdTst said:
    Does test flow work?

I see the message that the flow has started, also the card has an triangle that says 'Temp 25.7 is above 20'but nothing happens then.
    Could you test with Homey saying something (instead of push notification which has some difficulties).
    Test could go wrong because I provide Homey with a static value of 5, for testing.

Yes here it is.

Pushnotifications work normally. Homey says nothing if I try that.

I now used my somfy shutter instead of push notification, but also no luck..

• BumbleBumble Member
    I try to let homey tell me the weatherforecast when a certain time is there, or when I wake up.
    I get an errow "missing_listener". What is wrong here?

• EdTst said:
    EdTst said:
    Does test flow work?

Yes here it is.

Pushnotifications work normally. Homey says nothing if I try that.

I now used my somfy shutter instead of push notification, but also no luck..

Good catch!
    I'll have a look
  • Bumble said:
    I try to let homey tell me the weatherforecast when a certain time is there, or when I wake up.
    I get an errow "missing_listener". What is wrong here?

Yeah, noticed that also I can't seem quickly resolve this.
    Either way: I'm working on it.
  • Update is not working for me. When I setup settings this happens without any progress, used both your api key as my own. 

API: Incoming POST on /get/location/

API: Incoming POST on /test/wunderground/

TestWU API call
    Testing for location: 50.850985248008044,5.699281096458435
  • Update is not working for me. When I setup settings this happens without any progress, used both your api key as my own. 

API: Incoming POST on /get/location/

API: Incoming POST on /test/wunderground/

TestWU API call
    Testing for location: 50.850985248008044,5.699281096458435
    What did you change in the settings?
  • @RobinVanKekem   hi,  itry to use the app  wunderground, but can not get it working.
    i read at this forum that there are some trouble, but now its very quiet...
    i am on  0.9.2  and  made a personel key.    dutch 
    language
    my 
    question;    should the app work, or is it broken for now?
    (ik zoek me rot wat ik verkeerd doe)
  • @RobinVanKekem   hi,  itry to use the app  wunderground, but can not get it working.
    language
    my 
    Broken/kapot
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited August 2016
    Bumble said:
    @RobinVanKekem   hi,  itry to use the app  wunderground, but can not get it working.
    language
    my 
    Broken/kapot
    shame.....
    (that explane allot)
    edit   btw    @Bumble   tx for resonse
  • What's wrong with the app?  It's working OK here.
  • Fire69 said:
    What's wrong with the app?  It's working OK here.
    Hi, if you read the comments above you'll read that there is something wrong..
    It isn't working for everybody... And @RobinVanKekem is working on that..
  • basicly;   i can not come true the test.    that is not working for me.....
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Same problem here. I tried multiple keys and location settings and the test always failed.
  • There is a fix coming up for that.
  • Ah, the test... Didn't work for me either, but I just clicked Save while it was still testing and it seems to work OK  :p
  • Yup, it does.
    Overlooked that while implementating localized Weather prediction in the main part of the app.

Did anyone try the new voice commands?
  • Just tried 'wat is het weer voor morgen' (had to guess it a bit, your info in the app store is only in English ;) ) and Homey responded just fine.
    Maybe adapt some things, because it says the temp and wind speed a bit weird.  24 C and 15 U  instead of 'graden' and 'uur' :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Just tried 'wat is het weer voor morgen' (had to guess it a bit, your info in the app store is only in English ;) ) and Homey responded just fine.
    Maybe adapt some things, because it says the temp and wind speed a bit weird.  24 C and 15 U  instead of 'graden' and 'uur' :)
    Yes I know.
    Haven't figured out in a way so I fang have to do it for every language by hand
  • Would it be possible to use this App that when the lux drops to a certain value, I can use that info to start an action (like turn on the lights)?

I'm not referring to sunset in this case, but with bad weather in the fall or something like that

• I don't have Lux info from Weather Underground.
  • I'm still getting the missing_listener error? Running 0.9.2 and app 0.2.1. A reboot re-installing the app, does not work. Some help would be appreciated :wink: 
  • Still not solved.
    Trying to figure out.
  • I'm trying to use WU in a flow as a trigger, for example to trigger a flow when the outside temperature is above a certain level. In all of the flows I tested flows only trigger  when the humdity changes, any other flow cards result in no action. 
    I have tested with the standard API as well as with a personal one, but no change yet.

• Will have a look at it, thanks
  • First post updated.

Could everyone check if they have updated to the latest version, please?
    I still receive crash reports for version 0.0.1 which had a nasty bug in it!
  • I have 1.0.4. But I have issues with setting up the location. This used to work by entering a specific local weatherstation (a code from wu), but now I can only enter major cities (e.g. Utrecht, but not Harmelen). Also the automatic location from Homey does not work with your app...
  • 1.0.4 Doesn't exist, lol.
    Did you mean 0.1.0 ?

0.2.1 solved issues with detecting your location.