This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

flash lights when mobile phone is ringing

Hello,

I'm deaf and I really miss an option that when the mobile phone rings some lights would turn on.
I don't know if the homey supports this, but this would be great if it does. Could this be an option in the Homey (for example with hue ligths or click aan uit?

Comments

• I guess this could be possible by the time BLE works, If Homey presents itself as a handsfree set all call information would be available. If you'd pickup the call on your phone the audio would be available on the phone itself, but since you are deaf I guess there will another dvice involved that does speech to text?

Not sure if the homey app on a phone could detect an incomming call, otherwise that would be another possibility.
  • casedacaseda Member
    Or you could just try to use IFTTT or Tasker.
  • If you have an Android phone you could get this working using the Android app called Tasker. It can do all sorts of thing based on events on your phone including triggering a flow that can do anything on Homey.
  • I don't have my homey yet, I'm still waiting  :), maybe I could use tasker or IFTTT .  
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited June 2016
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.androidideas.taskbomb
    can also open an url (set a variable on Homey, on variable-set flash lights) when the phone rings...
  • Still, having funtionality in homeys core to help people with disabilities would be a boost for homey.

With all respect, a 'houtje touwtje' solution is fun for geeks, but not for the general public.

For the dutch people:

http://www.philips.nl/a-w/about/news/archive/standard/about/news/press/2016/20160531-philips-lanceert-oplossing-voor-thuiszorg-met-slimme-sensoren-in-huis-om-kwetsbare-ouderen-langer-thuis-te-laten-wonen.html

Watched the video? Recognized the sensors?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Fibaro I love them! 

• With all respect, a 'houtje touwtje' solution is fun for geeks, but not for the general public.
    With all respect, a beta product is fun for geeks, but not for the general public.
  • So you expect it to remain beta? Think ahead, think big, think outside the box.

• @DaneeDeKruyff I do not expect someone who doesn't like beta (geek) products to have a Homey right now. I do expect Homey to get out of beta, and I do expect non-geeks to buy Homey after it is out of beta, but for now, Homey is beta.
  • I guess I am not getting it.

• Lets summarize it then.. 

It would be great if Athom could implement these kinds of features not "houtje touwtje" when Homey hits retail. It would really make Homey a great choice for people with disabilities. So perhaps not high on the list like z-wave, bluetooth and IR stuff but definitely something to keep in mind? 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Would be an addition to the android / iphone app I think. On phone ring, call URL to Homey action? And do we want this to happen when we are away too? Or just on the local network?
  • Lets summarize it then.. 

It would be great if Athom could implement these kinds of features not "houtje touwtje" when Homey hits retail. It would really make Homey a great choice for people with disabilities. So perhaps not high on the list like z-wave, bluetooth and IR stuff but definitely something to keep in mind? 
    Exactly, you're getting it!
  • I've found already an android app which has this future All 4 hue
  • swtttswttt Member
    The first thing i was thinking of where those Nokia 3310 covers that light up on incoming calls, not that this is really homey related...

iOS is only capable of "noticing" incoming calls when the used app is in the foreground (in this case the homey app).

The only (partial) solution i can come up with is creating a bluetooth app (bluetooth should be able to detect incoming calls) that triggers, but does not "support" a microphone or speaker. So when you pick up, everything still goes trough your phone. (Seen some bluetooth earbuds that worked this way)
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2016
    I too have a hearing disability. In my home I have a dedicated (thus seperate) system with  flashlights, pillow vibrator (sorry..... it sounds better in Dutch... tril kussen). All from Bellman & Symfon (klik). 

So, in my case if someone presses the doorbel,  lights in 4 different rooms start flashing. 

I'd much rather have all this stuff integrated in my domotica system; make my Hue lights flash if the doorbell is pressed...but this is not possible with the Bellman stuff. I am not sure if Homey hardware is capable of dealing with the Bellman frequency

[Radio frequency: 315 MHz, 433.92 MHz or 868.3 MHz, depending on the region  klik ]
This discussion has been closed.