This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

MOVE Kickstarter. They like Homey!

Comments

•  I will go for the bluetooth ones. if i read all this zwave doesn't have a clear advantage over bluetooth. 
    And I hope someone will write the app for it. ☺
  • JPeJPe Member
    Michael said:
    tunf said:
    looks great but i think the price of this product is 50%  to high. it only is a small motor with special gearbox. If it was about 25/30 incl. zwave it is a great massive product, now you can buy somfy for a little bit more from the shelff.
    It would even be better if it was for free :smile: But they need to make some money. There are alternatives which are way more expensive. What would be the Somfy alternative that you are referring to?  
    It's still one of the cheapest Z-Wave end-products with a complete function, compared with the price for dimmer- or switch- Z-Wave modules.
  • As a home automation beginner (I bought the HUE starter kit + 2 HUE spots earlier and was looking at Samsung SmartThings) and development professional I'm very interested in the concept of Homey. 

Bought a Move yesterday on Indigogo. Today I ordered Homey :smiley:. Thinking about making the App for MOVE on Homey. Are there more devs already thinking about this?
  • thayoung1 said:
    As a home automation beginner (I bought the HUE starter kit + 2 HUE spots earlier and was looking at Samsung SmartThings) and development professional I'm very interested in the concept of Homey. 

Bought a Move yesterday on Indigogo. Today I ordered Homey :smiley:. Thinking about making the App for MOVE on Homey. Are there more devs already thinking about this?

+1!

• @thayoung1. I cannot code but after your consideration I have immediately ordered 3 MOVE's
  • LOL, no promises yet, but I'll do my best to achieve the goal; control MOVE's with Homey
  • Pre ordered 3 MOVES as well..
    Can't wait to connect them to Homey..
  • therock123therock123 Member
    edited September 2016
    I ordered 8 MOVES, im looking forward checking them out once I recieve them. 
  • jordenjorden Member
    I ordered 6 of them, will make sure to create a Homey app as well ;)
  • LesleyLesley Member
    I hope it'll still be possible to add the z-wave option!
  • JvdTJvdT Member
    edited July 2016
    @Emile Have you decided yet about a MOVE app, will there be a native app/support for both Bluetooth as well as z-wave for the Move? Or will this need to be programmed by the community? 2 questions in one post ;)
  • jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
    edited July 2016
    How are you going to control the move if Bluetooth is not possible yet? Using some sort of USB bridge ? I'm thinking about buying one or 2 of those devices as well but i'll wait until you guys shared youre experiences. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    How are you going to control the move if Bluetooth is not possible yet? Using some sort of USB bridge ? I'm thinking about buying one or 2 of those devices as well but i'll wait until you guys shared youre experiences. 

Smartphone with Move app? 
  • How are you going to control the move if Bluetooth is not possible yet? Using some sort of USB bridge ? I'm thinking about buying one or 2 of those devices as well but i'll wait until you guys shared youre experiences. 
    Let's hope there is some pairing possibilities between MOVE and Homey... If I'm right they are forming a sort of MESH network. Now I'm writing this Im not sure if the MESH network is only with Zwave.

I only bought 6 MOVES to pair them with Homey. A little bit of disappointment if this is not possible at the end... We will see. :)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Move supports "Bluetooth Smart/BLE" and Homey supports "Bluetooth ® 4.0 Low Energy" (in short BLE).
    Bluetooth BLE/Smart/4.0 is able to create Mesh networks, so technically Homey should be able to "hook" in Move's Mesh network.

Also Move announced pledges can be changed to Z-Wave. The only problem is the didn't find a Z-wave partner yet.

I order 8 Moves, will use "only" 6 of them and 2 will (if needed) be used for network stabilizers by placing them at strategic points in the house.. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited July 2016

Known on the forum and the costs 5 times the money of a Move motor.
    I pledged 8 Moves for €215 that's around 1,5 Axis unit.
  • MarcoF said:
    Move supports "Bluetooth Smart/BLE" and Homey supports "Bluetooth ® 4.0 Low Energy" (in short BLE).
    Bluetooth BLE/Smart/4.0 is able to create Mesh networks, so technically Homey should be able to "hook" in Move's Mesh network.

Also Move announced pledges can be changed to Z-Wave. The only problem is the didn't find a Z-wave partner yet.

I order 8 Moves, will use "only" 6 of them and 2 will (if needed) be used for network stabilizers by placing them at strategic points in the house.. 
    It would be great if Homey could hook into the mesh network. So hurry with the bluetooth support! :smiley: 
  • arthurarthur Member
    I also ordered 2 moves, quite some time ago.
    Did anyone already receive their order?
  • arthur said:
    I think no one has... They assemble them themselves( 4 people) , so takes a loooong time to get them. 
  • jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
    edited July 2016
    arthur said:
    From their site:
    "Due to the high demand and many incoming orders:Estimated Shipping Date: 6-10 weeks after order placement"
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited July 2016
    arthur said:
    I think no one has... They assemble them themselves( 4 people) , so takes a loooong time to get them. 
    It takes them 2-4 min. to assemble and package one motor.
    My order of 8 motors will tak 16-32min. and that's a lot of time....

The update of 8 June wrote that the received parts for 2520 units.
    2520 * 2 = 5040 / 50 (overtime working week?) = 100.8 working weeks / 3 persons = 33.6 weeks = 8 months production
    2520 * 4 = 10080 / 50 (overtime working week?) = 201.6 working weeks / 3 persons = 67.2 weeks = 16 months production

I'm backer number 933 and if the average order is 3 pieces then i'm not on this "first batch".

I hope to receive them and of the year......
  • MarcoF said:
    arthur said:
    It takes them 2-4 min. to assemble and package one motor.
    My order of 8 motors will tak 16-32min. and that's a lot of time....

The update of 8 June wrote that the received parts for 2520 units.
    2520 * 2 = 5040 / 50 (overtime working week?) = 100.8 working weeks / 3 persons = 33.6 weeks = 8 months production
    2520 * 4 = 10080 / 50 (overtime working week?) = 201.6 working weeks / 3 persons = 67.2 weeks = 16 months production

I'm backer number 933 and if the average order is 3 pieces then i'm not on this "first batch".

I hope to receive them and of the year......
    On their website they still say it takes 6 ~ 10 weeks before they ship. I just ordered 2 of them (could not resist ;) )
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    I read it and I have no idea how much time the spent on assembling. 
    Maybe the do 60 hours a day with 4 persons.

2520 * 2 = 5040 / 60 (overtime working week?) = 84 working weeks / 4 persons = 14 weeks = 3.5 months production

If the get production time to 1.5 minute, it will shorten production time with 25% (3,5 weeks and almost 1 month).

It a bit blurry, but i'm not expecting them before the end of October this year.
  • 2520 units * 2 minutes = 5040 minutes / 60 = 84 hours = 2 work weeks?

I think you're counting minutes as hours :smile: 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Michael said:
    2520 units * 2 minutes = 5040 minutes / 60 = 84 hours = 2 work weeks?

I think you're counting minutes as hours smile 

Whoops! Very, very sharp!!! 

((3000*2)/60)/50=2weeks for one person. 

So you are right :) 
  • therock123therock123 Member
    edited August 2016
    I ordered them aswell, I will post feedback on the motors once I recieve them...
  • JvdTJvdT Member
    From the Teptron Facebook page TEPTRON 29 juli om 18:53 · Happy news, next week we will send out the survey and publish the Android app. We want to thank all of you for having patience with us, even if it has taken more time to get your MOVE´s than expected.
  • Have someone got MOVE yet? I ordered at kickstarter 1 year ago...
  • HarmStellingaHarmStellinga Member
    edited August 2016
    I also, but nothing arrived here by now.
    TEPTRON op Twitter: "@ross_clark1 It is hard to give you an exact date, It depends on when you backed us, first ship to Kickstarter backers and then Indiegogo.
    i backed them with indiegogo, you get them first  :o