This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Desktop App

tim1990tim1990 Member
edited July 2016 in Questions & Help
Last Friday the Desptop App launched.

Athom Desktop App

You can download it hereKlik here

Please report any issues you might find here

Current version: 0.1.12

Requested feature suggestions*:
  • App Store within App
  • Athom server Status within App
  • Speech input/Output Within App
Known Issues
  • Tag drag and drop not working always
*Does not garantee that it will be inplanted!

So i installed it and used it for nearly a week now. I have the feeling its a bit slower than just using Chrome. Can anyone confirm my feeling or is it just me?

What i Also like to see is a quick overview of https://status.athom.com/ so i would quickly see if there are any problems or that u just broke my homey again
Also a tab or a button to go to the app store inside the App would be nice.

Comments

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited July 2016
    I installed the desktop app, but I find that I still use Google Chrome a lot more than the app, to access my Homey.
    The reason being, that in chrome it's easy to switch to different tabs, such as status.athom.com, <homey_ip>/manager/speech-input, <homey_ip>/manager/speech-output (I still use those quite frequently). I hope that, in time, the app will receive built-in support for the content from these web pages...

• Never thought of that when writing but indeed speech input en output are still open in chrome :smiley: 

• ArjanArjan Member
    @tim1990 , Please  track some of the feedback/suggestions and add those at the last part of the post (suggestions), like the speech manager(s), status, appstore etc.
  • @tim1990 Can you add this part to the topic start? "and report any issues you might find here." That's what Emile asked for. ;)
  • Good suggestion! Will update the post.
  • Installed it, dont use it. I dont see the value add execept if i want to spill more MB's on my SSD

I did not find any extra feature and as already mentioned Chrome is handy dandie-er switch to other taps and speech input.

When it has a backup and restore option i will take another look at the app.

• I found it difficult to use when ...then get to long i some time scrolls the cards instead of the window...
  • MaRaMaRa Member
    Are there more people who weren't able to drag a tag from one card into the field of another card?
  • MaRa said:
    Are there more people who weren't able to drag a tag from one card into the field of another card?
    I have the same problem
  • TheMSBTheMSB Member
    MaRa said:
    I have not been able to reproduce the problem. Could you be so kind as to report the issue here ?
  • When I try to download download desktop app I get following warning:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
    Request ID: vEk-GJuQ4jNEayEGk2DIDksnPUPG0......
  • siem45siem45 Member
    I just tried  and i get the same error:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
    Request ID: WCnPbCyNW4qae- .... 
  • Is there going to be a Linux version of the app? 
  • OGSOGS Member
    It seems I can't drag and drop tags from the If to And part in the flow.
    I tried it with a Fibaro Wall plug and dragging the energy from the IF part to the calculation in the AND part didn't work.
    Using Chrome it worked without problems, so it seems to be something in the Desktop App
  • Any chance this desktop app will be made available on Ubuntu and other linux platforms?
  • I am using the Homey Desktop App on Windows 10 and for me it is not possible to drag a tag from IF to AND or THEN.

Is this a known bug?
  • For the Logitech Harmony app I need to use chrome instead of the app.
    When I make a flow and use harmony app (send command to device) on the "THEN" part I don't get the dropdown menu in 3th dropdown menu "command" when I do the same in chrome it is working fine. If they want me to use the app then please make sure it is working for now I'm using chrome again.
  • Any chance this desktop app will be made available on Ubuntu and other linux platforms?
    +1 I don't use Windows nor Apple. Please add Linux support. (Also Homey's heartbeat will rise when she enjoys the companionship of a close relative!)
    +1 Please add Linux support. I only have Linux machines available.
  • MRLMRL Member
    Trustme2 said:
    MaRa said:
    I have the same problem
    Same here with version desktop app 1.0.2.
  • On linux you can just use the Chome Browser.... I haven't used the desktop app once,,,
  • moexmoex Member
    edited January 2017
    I just bought my Homey, but I'm unable to use it since i can't download the desktop app? Ridiculous if you'd ask me... Anyone can share the latest release?

API rate limit exceeded for 52.213.60.183. (But here's the good news: Authenticated requests get a higher rate limit. Check out the documentation for more details.)
  • please have paitiance. it seems the server is offline    so there are trouble