This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Mysensors

Hi all,

My current setup uses a Rapberry Pi with domoticz with a mysensors serial gateway plugged in there. I already have a few sensors running on this (easy to use) DIY platform.

Does homey support mysensors? or is this something the community could add later?

Comments

• kriebelkous said:
    Hi all,

My current setup uses a Rapberry Pi with domoticz with a mysensors serial gateway plugged in there. I already have a few sensors running on this (easy to use) DIY platform.

Does homey support mysensors? or is this something the community could add later?

What a coincidence! I was just looking this weekend for my sensors, I'm about to make a DIY temperature sensor with 2 waterproof DS18B20 sensors for my Intex swimming pool with Solar heating. I want to measure the input and output temp. I don't wan't to buy 2 separate temp sensors for this and is fun to make yourself!

• It is fun. I made a few movement/temp/humidity/movement/lux sensors and got it working with my (very) basic coding skills and it's cheap :)

• +1 that Homey needs this!

• Indeed, Id love to see MySensors beeing supported (Serial/ethernet gateway.)
    Its an easy way to get your arduino's to work.

Small suggestion for if mysensors is not supported, try using a 433 mhz receiver and the KAKU (klikaanklikuit) library.
    KAKU is supported by default..

• I see 2 options to support MySensor.
    1) Connect to the gateway via the UI or web services it provides.
    2) Create a driver in Homey which replaces the MySensor gateway altogether.

Connecting through the gateway will be relatively easy I expect.
    You probably don't need any code to do so.

To have full integration will take a bit more work and I'm not sure it can be done in Homey but it would be awesome to have it build in as an app/driver.

There are many projects like this. I'm sure the community will build support for a few good ones.

• MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited August 2015

Id love to help setting up the driver, but Im such a novice programmer that it would be nearly impossible for me to get it going on my own.

• I really hope someone can develop an interface, mysensors is awesome and is a very cheap way of deploying sensors!

• Any more news about mysensors support ?

• Any news about to support mysensors ?

http://www.mysensors.org

Would be really nice !

• dennisvanderhave said:
    Any news about to support mysensors ?

http://www.mysensors.org

Would be really nice !

+1

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

We're not going to support it, this seems like the perfect community app!

• Is there a community member that works on this?
  • Emile said:

We're not going to support it, this seems like the perfect community app!

Emile, i noticed in one of the inside photo's of the Homey that the same radio is used as for MySenors? Is this for a custom ArduinoLib? Or, is there already some info available on how Arduino can be used? 
  • itsamaikitsamaik Member
    edited March 2016
    Dountill said:
    Is there a community member that works on this?
    Little kick here. Is there any member currently working on this? Otherwise I would like to spend some time on it if I can lend some MySensors hardware. 
  • itsamaik said:
    Dountill said:
    Is there a community member that works on this?
    Little kick here. Is there any member currently working on this? Otherwise I would like to spend some time on it if I can lend some MySensors hardware. 
    you've got  a direct mssg
  • With the help of @kasteleman - who opened up a gateway for me - I'm trying to figure out how to talk to MySensors. Since it's new for me and I don't own MySensors, I need to figure it out for a bit. If I understand how to discover nodes, I can start implementing them into an app. 
  • kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited March 2016
    itsamaik said:
    With the help of @kasteleman - who opened up a gateway for me - I'm trying to figure out how to talk to MySensors. Since it's new for me and I don't own MySensors, I need to figure it out for a bit. If I understand how to discover nodes, I can start implementing them into an app. 

if there is any way i can help just give me a heads up. If you live near Utrecht i would mind lending you a gateway, a few sensors, battery's, transceivers etc. Just dont solder it together smile 
    Or i could share some logs. Just ask and i'll see what i can do. 
  • Can't wait for this, I love MySensors!
  • has anyone already started developing ?

• I don't think Homey has a spare USB port so it should be an Ethernet Gateway.... (or WiFi). I currently use a serial gateway connected to my Vera. Will start building an Ethernet Gateway to play with first...
  • PimBliek said:
    I don't think Homey has a spare USB port so it should be an Ethernet Gateway.... (or WiFi). I currently use a serial gateway connected to my Vera. Will start building an Ethernet Gateway to play with first...
    Just build this one this weekend:

http://www.mysensors.org/build/esp8266_gateway

Unfortunately only 2.4 GHz wifi, but works fine! Did not test the wifi range yet.

• PandaPanda Member

has anyone already started developing ?

Yes, itsamaik is working on this if I'm correct.
  • I build a moisture-meter with a rpi which transmits the levels through bluetooth. Supposing bluetooth works, why would I need an Arduino-library on Homey?
  • PandaPanda Member
    This isn't an Arduino library it is a way to get all kind of sensor data using arduino's running the mysensors library.
  • itsamaik said:
    With the help of @kasteleman - who opened up a gateway for me - I'm trying to figure out how to talk to MySensors. Since it's new for me and I don't own MySensors, I need to figure it out for a bit. If I understand how to discover nodes, I can start implementing them into an app. 
    Howdy, has progress been made? I'm rocking quite a large MySensors network and think it's an amazing effective way at deploying sensors for cheap. This would make Homey awesome!

BTW, please pay attention to the acknowledge function, ensure that you can check for responses when commands are sent, essential to avoid missing messages.
  • MarkSwift said:
    itsamaik said:
    Howdy, has progress been made? I'm rocking quite a large MySensors network and think it's an amazing effective way at deploying sensors for cheap. This would make Homey awesome!

BTW, please pay attention to the acknowledge function, ensure that you can check for responses when commands are sent, essential to avoid missing messages.
    Hi, I've not been working on it anymore. erikw on Slack started working on it after I couldn't find the time for a while. I think he's making progress. 
  • I really hope progress is being made. This would be totally awesome!
  • Hi, is someone working on a Homey app that can connect to the mysensors ethernet gateway?
    http://www.mysensors.org/build/ethernet_gateway
    I think that would be the perfect interface to homey.
    THX!
  • MarkSwift said on the [PUBLISH] Mosquito MQTT client topic:

Edit: I'm new to MQTT, does it handle acknowledgements, so we can ensure message is sent / received? I Plan to try the MySensors MQTT client connected to Mosquito. ***Update: Got it working***.

Edit 2: Seems to work great, I have a number of flows that use better logic and variables, my plan is to pipe the MQTT messages into the variables.

It looks like he is using MQTT to send messages to Homey using the new Mosquito MQTT client app
  • SteefphSteefph Member
    MarkSwift said on the [PUBLISH] Mosquito MQTT client topic:

Edit: I'm new to MQTT, does it handle acknowledgements, so we can ensure message is sent / received? I Plan to try the MySensors MQTT client connected to Mosquito. ***Update: Got it working***.

Edit 2: Seems to work great, I have a number of flows that use better logic and variables, my plan is to pipe the MQTT messages into the variables.

It looks like he is using MQTT to send messages to Homey using the new Mosquito MQTT client app
    Hey johan,

which MQTT client of MySensors are you using? I tried the ESPMQTTClient but, for some reason it does not work :neutral: The sensor device keeps asking for an address from the host. The MQTTclient produces addresses, right?