This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

0.8.39 experimental

Comments

• Looking good, gonna try that. Thnx
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    @Deboucing;
    There are tons of ways to Rome and I know a few of them for solving this.
    It would be great if there's a generic solution for this.

Don't known how the work and if my story goes well;
    How about (kaku)motion sensors? Are the also triggering every single time the are "tripped"?
    Or a socket usage that going above a certain threshold? 

It looks like the Debounce time is around 1-2 secs.
    Also did some tests with my TV to change the volume with a KaKu remote. Get volume down with 10-15 points, takes 10-30 secs with this debounce setting. 

It would be great if a KaKu card gets a option for debounce in seconds with one digit.

JustMy2Cents
  • The bouncing of mechanical switches isn't the problem anymore with KAKU and Homey. 
    KAKU has another problem, it sends without listening if it doesn't interfere with others sending at the same time. To have a better chance to be understood by the receiver it sends it's signal multiple times. 
    No problem for the lights where it is designed for. 
    If I send: ON ON. ON.    ON. 
    The light / Socket switches on the first time it received the signal. But without a guarantee as others can send other signals at the same time. 
    The build in debouncer in the receivers like Homey should trigger just once and neglect signals for 2 or 3 seconds like the KAKU receivers. 
    If the debouncer in Homey isn't configured correctly flows trigger multiple times while the users only pressed a button once.
    That isn't what normal Homey consumers expect and not what we want IMHO 
    The KAKU ASUN 650 can be started and stopped by sending the same signal again. 
    At this moment Homey sends the three or four signals not fast enough and now my screen starts closing, stops after two seconds, starts again and sometimes stopped again after 3 seconds while Homey only triggers the close blinds once.
    It functioned good before the last updates....
  • JonJon Member
    I'm on 0.8.39 and Somfy RTF suddenly stopped working. After reinstalling the app and trying to add/pair my remote, my Somfy still doesn't work.
    Anyone has the same problem, and more important, anyone has a solution?
  • The only solution is a good firmware version. I can't believe they declared 8.39 as a stable version.
    8.38 was a better candidate. They making a mesh of it
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited June 2016
    I think they didn't declare 0.8.39 stable, they removed the experimental flag....
    To push all automatically updating Homey' s to this version.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    could we introduce a "-1" (yes its MarcoF asking for it :dizzy:  )
  • I guess that is not possible....
    "I Love Vanilla Forums" heart  :)  
  • PilsPils Member
    In this version it is (for me) the first time the menu of flows contains maps. But i cannot get any of the existing flows inside the map. So i can create a map, per example "TEST", but i cannot drag and drop a flow in it.
    Is this een known problem and if so, is there a workaround?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Pickup a flow and move it to the folder near the vertical slider. Then you notice a "tab/block" appears on the left below the flow folder and drop the flow.
  • PilsPils Member
    Thanks, but...that's is what tried, i think. :smile:  Just the way you would think it should work, simply drag and drop But for me no. If i hove above the Map "test" nothing happens. If i drop it it goes back to it's earlier position, or above the map "test". Whatever i do, it won't go in the map. In the picture you see mee hovering almost above the map "test". I use chrome on a MAC, maybe that explains something.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Pickup the flow and move the mouse cursor to this area;

• PilsPils Member
    Thank you Marco, it works now! I had to hover it almost 1 cm more to the right for the first element in a map. The next ones are easier and more in the place you marked yellow. So that's a bit strange, but it works! thanks
  • edited July 2016
    No change since 0.8.38 with regards to KaKu for me. Cannot add new devices: the plug simply does not respond at all (yes, dit power cycle, reset, etc).
    Is there anything I can do to debug this, to see what could be the matter?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    tpillen said:
    Thank you Marco, it works now! I had to hover it almost 1 cm more to the right for the first element in a map. The next ones are easier and more in the place you marked yellow. So that's a bit strange, but it works! thanks
    Your welcome and i'm glad to hear is works for your!!

It would be great if the made the "landing zone" much bigger.

• sossienlsossienl Member
    edited July 2016
    All my zwave devices are not working anymore (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/713)
    And when I add my HUE lights, Homey becomes completly unresponsive. Removing the Bridge from LAN, rebooting Homey and removing HUE will solve this. Totally useless of course.

Maybe it's time that Athom is going to replace my device or solve my issues. 

EDIT: The HUE problem is since 0.8.34 and ZWAVE since 0.8.39
  •  sossienl said:
    All my zwave devices are not working anymore (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/713)
    And when I add my HUE lights, Homey becomes completly unresponsive. Removing the Bridge from LAN, rebooting Homey and removing HUE will solve this. Totally useless of course.

Maybe it's time that Athom is going to replace my device or solve my issues. 

EDIT: The HUE problem is since 0.8.34 and ZWAVE since 0.8.39
    There is a good chance the rewrite will hit experimental this week if you ask me! Also chech the IP adresses sounds to me like a network problem, just te make sure ;)

I only have KAKU en they dont work at the time. But i'm  being very patient.
  • Sossienl. You buy a beta product from kickstarter, from a start up company. Your product will not work perfect. When it is working like this at version 1.0> use bold text to get a replacement

about your issue. I also have Hue lights, which work perfectly, maybe there are some  other apps which interfere with you Hue? At this moment I have installed:

KlikAanKlikUit  
    Pushover  
    Beter Logic  
    Wikipedia  
    Buienradar  
    Http request flow cards  
    ICY E-thermistaat
    Weather Underground

maybe you have so other apps than me and you can check if they interfere. Then athom or the app creator can find and solve the issue for you.

about the zwave a can not tell you anything other than to wait for the rewrite, which should be a lot better for what I read from athom messages. Furthermore i do not use zwave (yet) so i do not share the agony.
  • glijieglijie Member
    Here no problems with Hue and KAKU at all....isn't it strange that there are where it is working and not working :/ ?
    I have 12 HUE GU-10 lamps and all reacts as supposed in the flows en Android app. 

I don't use any z-wave devices.

Installed latest experimental versions for android app and Homey

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Lets bitch fight about things which work for one user/homey and not for the other.
    Is a fact that Homey isn't stable (enough), but I don't known if thats because its KS/Beta/StartUP.

Here I have 5 HUE lights, these HUE's work great with the App/Flows/Vera3/PhilipsApp/etc.
    BUT when I say; "OK Homey, could you turn on the light for me?"
    I get for weeks the very irritating answer; "I didn't find lights to turn on"

Tried several "solutions", tried to walk/run/drive by car/bicycle/feet over dirty/tarmac roads to get in Rome and it just doesn't work.

Its very(!) odd that, for it looks like, I'm the only one with this problem and there's no solution.
    I also noticed that the soundboard App (at least in combination with KaKu) is a bit stuttering and played MP3's are just not very clear. 

Yesterday I did a PTP, will wait on a next big non experimental release.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited July 2016
    @MarcoF I replied something like this before, but I'll repeat it... it sounds as if there's a conflict in your situation... either with some internal command from Homey, or with commands recognized by another app.

Have you tried setting up a flow that uses different terminology (don't call it "light") ?

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    I don't use flows with voice cards.
    The only flows with "light things" are flows that call "Hue Bridge Scene's" after a KaKu button click;
    if Botton1:On, then call scene "livingroom On"
    if Botton1:Off, then call scene "livingroom Off"

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited July 2016
    The conflict doesn't have to be with one of your flows... it could be a conflict between (for example) the Hue app and the built-in Homey commands (maybe both are triggered on "light"). So you could try if setting up your own flow, using different voice commands, would solve your problem...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited July 2016
    OK, so on most homey's this buildin command works and I need to create my own flows? 

How on earth could it be my homey is not recognizing lamps? 

My issue is just one example, but there are a lot of similar cases. 

This unpredictable behavior really...... 

[edit]
    Creating custom flows for this issue will solve the lights on issue, but won't solve the build-in issue.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited July 2016
    Hopefully, in time, we will get an option to disable individual built-in commands, to avoid conflicts between apps we have installed and the built-in functionality, so that we don't have to come up with alternative ways of phrasing what we want to say.

Also, it would be great if we could get some kind of command tracking/logging feature that will inform us exactly which app (or the built-in functionality) was triggered to handle a certain command...
  • JulianJulian Member
    As I stated earlier I had the same thing, I created a custom flow which apparently is (now) similar to a built-in flow, so Homey executes the command twice instead of grinding to a stop by the conflict.
  • KoenMartensKoenMartens Member
    edited July 2016
    MarcoF said:
    [edit]
    Creating custom flows for this issue will solve the lights on issue, but won't solve the build-in issue.
    You started with:
    Is a fact that Homey isn't stable (enough), but I don't known if thats because its KS/Beta/StartUP.
    Now the exact problem and solution you present here are things that can be caused by the beta-phase of Homey, isn't it?
  • Julian said:
    As I stated earlier I had the same thing, I created a custom flow which apparently is (now) similar to a built-in flow, so Homey executes the command twice instead of grinding to a stop by the conflict.
    Workaround: pick different voice commands to trigger your flow... (until it becomes possible to deactivate the built-in command)
  • JulianJulian Member
    Thanks, but it works as I want it to so no workaround necessary!
  • You want it to be executed twice? Well, if that's the case, great for you!