This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
plugwise

[NEW UPDATE] Plugwise Smile P1 (v2.0.0)

Comments

• @gruijter ;
    Could we get Gas usage in insights as wel? usage per hour or something?
  • @Tim_Brass : Yes, this would be possible. I actually did some testing with it already, but with the present Homey firmware I run into some issues. I therefore want to wait for the next firmware release before looking at this again.

Furthermore, the smart meter only reports the gas usage once per hour. So you would only see the usage of the previous hour. Actually, this information is already logged in Insights; it is the change of the value for gas meter. So if you export the present gas meter loggings, you can easily get the use per hour in excel. Could you maybe explain the use case for having gas usage in insights?
  • I'd just like to have an overview in Insights for Gas useage. Just a visualisation. No direct other use.

Could you / anyone show some of the flows you use the SmileApp for? just for inspiration....
  • gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited June 2016
    @Tim_Brass : Yes, this would be possible. I actually did some testing with it already, but with the present Homey firmware I run into some issues. I therefore want to wait for the next firmware release before looking at this again.
    @Tim_Brass : Last night Homey stable firmware was updated to 0.8.39. Unfortunately the issues with Insights for "custom capabilities" like Gas Usage is still not solved in this firmware release. I guess we all have to wait some more on Athom to fix this.
    edited June 2016
    I uploaded an experimental version 0.9.9 on GitHub. It includes a settings screen where you can set the ledring limits. If you check it out let me know how it works for you!

• As mentioned in the APPS comment. The plugin is not working for me. I have removed, and re-added it. But everytime it crashes. On different versions of Homey, currently on 0.8.39.
    I do get valid XML from the P1, I have actually a curl script that captures this information every 5 minutes. But happy to share it.

I see the following response when I click the red badge that suggests the app crashed;

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'services' of undefined
    at mapMeter (/drivers/smilep1/driver.js:200:79)
    at storeNewReadings (/drivers/smilep1/driver.js:211:38)
    at /drivers/smilep1/driver.js:175:17
    at Parser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:484:18)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Parser.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Object.onclosetag (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:445:26)
    at emit (/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:640:35)
    at emitNode (/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:645:5)
    at closeTag (/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:905:7)

• @sossienl could you send me the raw xml output?
  • From the xml I received from sossienl I have found that he has no gasmeter. This is definitely causing the crash. For experimental users I have uploaded a new version to github that hopefully fixes this. Please check it out and let me know if it works out for you.
  • New version 0.9.9 has just been released in the appstore. It adds device settings where you can set powerlimits of the ledring screensaver.

@sossienl: Could you test if this version solves your app crash?
  • I have just updated to 0.9.1 and when I add my Plugwise i get the following error: invalid_capability_at_index_3
  • @sossienl: It seems that firmware 0.9+ breaks some stuff, including custum capabilities that I was testing with. I will have to rewrite the app to make it work again with the new firmware.
    Did you manage to test the app with the previous firmware? I would really like to know if I was able to fix it for you not having a gasmeter.
    edited August 2016
    New release (0.9.10) just posted for app store approval.
    It fixes for firmware 0.9+, and also adds gas usage (of the previous hour) and tariff (peak/off-peak) in the mobile device card.

If you are in a hurry you can get it from the Git.
  • Thanks!
  • @Tim_Brass : You're welcome! Unfortunately still not able to log gas usage properly in this firmware release. I've opened an issue with Athom, so hope it will be resolved soon (tm)
  • For me the latest version only reads current usage in insights, no total power... The card shows "meter power out of range", perhaps no negative numbers?

• @BasVanDenBosch : did you try to uninstall and re-install the app? An upgrade may screw things up. I have negative power as well (however only for actual production, not for total power meter). I have not touched anything on that end.
    Also: power is only logged on a change in insights. So if you reinstalled the app you have to wait for the meter to change value before it is visible in insights. If the problems persist please PM me with more details.
  • Of course I deleted the app and reinstalled from scratch (and lost my historic data). Looks like multiple data-values are received. No error in the commandline... The total electricity isn't showing up in Insights... I'll send you a PM...

• V0.9.10 is just released in the app store

- Compatibility with Homey firmware 0.9.x. 
    - Custom capabilities for gas usage and off-peak. Note: Logs for these are still missing

• v0.9.12 has just been released in the app store. It fixes some bugs and changes the unit for power to kWh (in stead of Wh).

• "capabilities.meter_power: invalid capability id, already a system capability"

Didn't re-install but just uploaded from 0.9.10 with FW 0.9.3..

• Same problem here with fresh install 

capabilities.meter_power: invalid capability id, already a system capability

• New version available on GitHub that fixes compatibility for 0.9.3 firmware
  • Yep working again so my led ring shows the wife when the dryer is done 

if she is happy a am too :smile: 
  • I guess if the wife knows when the dryer is done she sends you to fetch the laundry (well, at least that's what happens with me  :#)
  •  B)  
  • kom er niet uit wie kan mij er door heen loodsen 

• new version (0.9.13) is pending approval now. It solves the issue with fw 0.9.3 that @amahler was experiencing
    edited October 2016
    new version 0 .9.14 2016.10.01 is pending approval in the app store. It fixes compatibility to firmware 0.10.x

With the new firmware offPeak and gas usage can now finally be correctly logged in Insights (Thank you Athom!)

One downside: For correct operation the device must be deleted and paired again (and therefore you lose all historic insights)
  • I upgraded to 0.9.14 but didn't re-pair. I'll wait for Athom to create an auto-re-pair script so I won't lose my data. I noticed 0-values in readings aren't filtered out: