This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• JonJon Member
    Hi @DaneeDeKruyff I must admist I have lost the complete picture :blush: but how do I make sure that the sensor values are sampled more frequent than only 1 time per hour?
    I am on 0.8.38.
    What do I set in the settings field? I already have polling on 300, I assume this is 300 seconds (5 minutes)?
    Still I only get a value once per hour...

• @Jon Polling is not needed for the Aeotec Sensore, you have to set parameter 111,4,300 (300 seconds = 5 minutes) AND you have to use USB power!

It is not advisable but it should also be possible to do this on battery powered sensors if you set 111,4,300  and change the Z-Wave Wakeup (Z-Wave ontwaak) to 300 but I haven't tried that so I can't confirm it works.

Also see https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000115071-difference-between-usb-and-battery-power-and-recommendations for the difference between USB and battery powered.

• JonJon Member
    Yup, I'm on USB powered already.
    Okay, @DaneeDeKruyff so you suggest as follows (in the polling box):

• No, no polling needed, the parameter should be added to the Z-Wave Configuratie Data field. The field now has 5,1,2;201,1,205 and should become 5,1,2;201,1,205;111,4,300

I'm sure there's a screenshot of it somewhere in this thread ;)

Polling interval should be 0 (The polling fiels is only there for legacy products)

• JonJon Member

No, no polling needed, the parameter should be added to the Z-Wave Configuratie Data field. The field now has 5,1,2;201,1,205 and should become 5,1,2;201,1,205;111,4,300

I'm sure there's a screenshot of it somewhere in this thread ;)

Polling interval should be 0 (The polling fiels is only there for legacy products)

Thanku!
  • JonJon Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff I have switched everything according to your commands advices, but still I only get the values once per hour instead of once per 5 minutes, although I have entered the values you mentioned. Any suggestions? 
  • Die You wakeup the device?
  • JonJon Member
    hi @ThijsDeJong how does this work exactly, waking up?
  • Triple push within 1second on the button on the back of the sensor
  • JonJon Member
    @ThijsDeJong this didn't help. Do you or @DaneeDeKruyff perhaps have any other suggestion? 
  • @Jon At the moment I don't get any values. Zwave is down.
  • JonJon Member
    For some reason my Aeotec doesn't do anything anymore. That is: when going to insights and clicking 'today' or 'yesterday', and selecting one of the variables, I don't get any graph or output. My settings are currently as such:

• Jon said:
    For some reason my Aeotec doesn't do anything anymore. That is: when going to insights and clicking 'today' or 'yesterday', and selecting one of the variables, I don't get any graph or output. My settings are currently as such:

Zwave is down for a couple of days now. So homey isn't handling the information that aeotec is sending we are waiting for an update that fixes the problem. Have patience and good things will come.
  • JonJon Member
    Okay I do get it but don't get it at the same time. Cause how can z-wave be down? Does it need to have some server side code (so remote running) to be able to work? 
    Or is it simply related to .39?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    @Jon ;
    It is indeed .39 that breaks the triggers and insights of all (or at least most) Z-Wave devices
  • JonJon Member
    One starts to wonder. How on earth could they've been releasing .39 as non-experimental... 
  • So 9 days since last post - any updates/experiences?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    not just 9 days.. 28 days without z-wave triggers for us experiment users, so any updates.?
    maybe tomorrow, or at least not before 0.9 comes out.
  • caseda said:
    @Jon ;
    It is indeed .39 that breaks the triggers and insights of all (or at least most) Z-Wave devices
    Thanks for your post! That clarifies a lot. I also don't have any logs sent from my Z-wave devices. In other words.. the insights tab is empty. Only my Lue lights show log info. 
  • djefmodjefmo Member
    So 9 days since last post - any updates/experiences?
    Still no insights on Z-wave devices on my end... 
  • edited July 2016
    just updated to 0.9.1 - however readding the device is not succesfull for me keeps failing on 'association groups' or something.. - anyone else more luck?

Tried:
    - factory reset of device
    - remove device on homey
    - this like 3 times already :(
  • casedacaseda Member
    @ericjanvanputten ;
    have you tried to power cycle homey yet?
    had a bug as well that solved itself by power cycle
  • caseda said:
    @ericjanvanputten ;
    I rebooted - but i can try a power cycle.. 
  • caseda said:
    @ericjanvanputten ;
    I rebooted - but i can try a power cycle.. 
    Okay just in case - what is a power cycle?
    :) just tried getting it off power for 30 sec. retried, no sigar
  • casedacaseda Member
    @ericjanvanputten ;
    well actually, your in bad luck. (sorry, that i only just noticed this)

The only default capability for z-wave devices without an app is On/Off, but the sensor doesn't have an on/off feature.
    So you will have to wait for the Aeotec app to be released, shouldn't take too long. (few (working) days)
  • caseda said:

So you will have to wait for the Aeotec app to be released, shouldn't take too long. (few (working) days)
    Hopefully very soon also have the sensors here now not functional
  • App is on github 

tested it and multisensor is working perfectly here on usb power put in batteries tomorrow

@emile great work !!

https://github.com/athombv/com.aeotec

• i let all settings as is 

only changed reset after motion from 240  to 10 sec 

update time to group 1 300 to 30 (testing purposes)
  • Webster said:
    i let all settings as is 

only changed reset after motion from 240  to 10 sec 

update time to group 1 300 to 30 (testing purposes)

Also set 'Command to send when motion sensor triggered' to Basic, then save, then set it to Sensor Binary Report, and save it again. This is necessary pre-0.9.1, to make sure the motion reports are send correctly. When paired with 0.9.2 it will set these settings automatically.

Let me know if you guys encounter any issues!
  • edited August 2016
    Just powershelled the aeotec app onto 0.9.2 and the app keeps crashing. 
    no success adding the multisensor

gives this back:

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'homey-zwavedriver'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/ZW096/driver.js:4:21)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)