This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New look

New look of my homey and better IR perfomance!

Comments

• djeskodjesko Member
    Whoo...what did you use ? 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Cool!
    Bit more info and/or images would be nice  :)
  • peerkepeerke Member
    I printed the new housing with black PLA en transparent PLA.
    The IR Leds and IR blaster are behinde the holes. I try to make an other print without the holes
    and see if it still works (looks better)

I post some images later.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    3d printed?
  • peerkepeerke Member
    3d printed yes with mankati XT Plus.
    When ready I will upload the files
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Could you tell a bit more about the IR performance?!
    Is both reception and sending better? Is bouncing working (better)?

Could you also share some pics of your Homey dome? Are there in the some also drilling/mods visible?
  • Wow, looks awesome!
  • Nice!
    How does it look like during the day?
  • Video of shiny ✨ thing (how do you call it???) would be much appreciated
  • Can you provide STL or source files? what is the performance/bounce of IR/other wireless when board is outside of an enclosure?
  • peerkepeerke Member
    The IR performence is beter then in the original housing.

I can't post the STL file on this site if you want it you can send me a message with your mail adress

• peerkepeerke Member
    By daylight.

• Sleek! Nicely done
  • Looks really nice (though for myself, I do prefer the current ball shape).

I'm looking forward to those IR test results when you have a print without the holes in it...
  • tunftunf Member
    cool! looking for a ceiling mount still, this to place it between my lamp and the seiling socket so it covers the whole room. So if you have some spare time :#
  • peerkepeerke Member
    The last picture is without the holes and still the IR works beter than in the original housing.

@tunf The design is easy to translate in a ceiling mount. But If you want to connect your lamp also you have to put 230 volt cables in your homey en put your power adapter for your Homey in the ceiling!
  • peerkepeerke Member
    Bumblez said:
    Looks really nice (though for myself, I do prefer the current ball shape).

I'm looking forward to those IR test results when you have a print without the holes in it...
    The ball shape is base of the IR problems. Small holes and not inline with the IR transmitters and recievers
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited July 2016
    peerke said:
    The ball shape is base of the IR problems. Small holes and not inline with the IR transmitters and recievers
    Hmm... I have my doubts about that. You said that in your design, even without holes, IR performs better than on Homey. So it's not really the holes that are causing the issue, and I doubt it's the shape. I suspect that the material of which the casing is made, is what makes the difference. So a homey ball made of the same material as your casing, could very well perform a lot better than the current ball...
  • nklerknklerk Member
    His design is translucent.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    Underneath the led ring (in the original design) I have hound a few holes but it looks like there should be a hole between every led is this correct?

you can see one small corner hole in the incaping left of is there is a full hole the rest of the capings are closed.

dont mind the dirty homey, this is what kids do with stuff that can talk, touch it with they're dirty claws.
  • nklerknklerk Member

The green circle has a full hole, the red has a small hole almost like it's broken or has plastic where it shouldn't. The black circles are closed off.

is it suppost to be like this?
  • And Homy doesn't tilt anymore in your new design I presume?
  • great stuff! keep up the good work.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited July 2016
    @nklerk ;
    Its by "design" that most holes are closed.
    Homey has 6 IR emitting LED which need a clear opening with the outside world.

My Homey has 6 holes, one LED is mis-aligned, 2 holes are partly closed by drilling residue.
    So 3 out of 6 LEDs have some sort of a problem and also it looks like all 6 LED are placed to low so the center of the LED is below the hole.

So check your Homey on 6 open holes, check if all LED are align right and all 6 holes are 100% open.
  • Sweet!
This discussion has been closed.