This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Weather Underground unofficial Homey app (v1.0.3)

Comments

• Yes, there seems to be an problem with the scheduled task of which I'm not sure if its my app or Homey.
    What version are you guys running?
    I'm having problems with 0.8.36
  • I'm having the same problem on 0.8.36.
  • Yes, there seems to be an problem with the scheduled task of which I'm not sure if its my app or Homey.
    What version are you guys running?
    I'm having problems with 0.8.36
    I'm on 0.8.36 as well but restaring the app fixed the issue for me.
  • 0.8.36, restarting a couple of times indeed worked, although it's still using the wrong units (Fahrenheit instead of Celcius).

That's fine though, the values are correct - I don't mind :smile: 

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited June 2016
    0.8.36, restarting a couple of times indeed worked, although it's still using the wrong units (Fahrenheit instead of Celcius).

That's fine though, the values are correct - I don't mind

I already fixed that bug for v0.2.0, however to have it fixed for you in the future version you'll have to remove and install the app again and you'll lose all your history/Insights graphs  :/
    Since there is no way for me to change the Insights when it's already created
  • No problem! Thanks for the fix :smile: 
  • Hi,

Thanx for this great app, but I've a question.

I'm trying to make a flow that changes a variable if it is raining (humidity above 90%). The WU app checks it every 10 minutes. Is there a difference between those two flows:

When Humidity has changed
    And (Logic-card) humidity is bigger then 90
    Then change variable

or

When Humidity is above an certain percentage (90)
    Then change variable

Does it matter witch flow I use?

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited July 2016
    Nope, doesn't make any difference at all in your given example.
    I've been working on a newer version which supports rain today, rain this hour, weather today, weather tomorrow and weather day after tomorrow.
    Also some build in voice commands like:
    "rain this hour"*
    "rain today"*
    "weather today"*
    "weather tomorrow"*
    "weather day after tomorrow"*

* These are still subject to change

• Thanks for the info! And good to read that you are making the app even better.

p.s. is don't like pre-build voice triggers. I rather use my own voice triggers. That way I have more freedom and less change of conflicting voice triggers.
  • I tend to agree with you.
    I guess I can create some action cards which would be something like:

Action:
    "Read weather today"
    "Read weather tomorrow"
    "Read weather day after tomorrow"
    "Read rain this hour"
    "Read rain today"
  • I would love action cards like that! I can make my own trigger like 'Ok Homey, is het morgen weer k*t weer?' and Homey could tell me the weather forcast via an action 'read weather tomorrow'.  :D
  • Hahaha, I'll change the build in voice triggers to action cards then!
  • I can't use the vars in opentherm or as number in better variables. Is this something that could be fixed?
  • I'm sorry, I don't get the problem.
    Could you explain an bit more please?
  • I'm sorry, I don't get the problem.
    Could you explain an bit more please?

When I drag "temp" to the action card it doesn't stick. Same happens when dragging it to set a better variables "number" var.
    test.png 128.5K
  • Ok, got it. Will check
  • casedacaseda Member
    @DieterKoblenz ;
    with the better logic app it is not the weather underground app, if you want to set a number variable with a tag you will need to use the "set a variable" action card.
    Maybe this is the same with the Open Therm app
  • caseda said:
    @DieterKoblenz ;
    with the better logic app it is not the weather underground app, if you want to set a number variable with a tag you will need to use the "set a variable" action card.
    Maybe this is the same with the Open Therm app
    Does it work for you?
    I don't use it. Only to check if the temperature/rain/wind is above or below a certain threshold.
  • Is there a way to set a tag a certain type? Not sure how to use it.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    There is nothing in the documentation about this, but it seems like it is sending it always as an Object and not as a String/Int etc...

But not sure if you can specify what type is in the object beforehand (I.E: string/int).

maybe @Emile can clarify?
  • Weird
  • how can you safe the forecast?
    First question is how to get the forcast within Homey. I did manage to get the site, But how to safe the information and on what location.
    Next question is, how to get it out of Homey?

Thijs
  • Forecast will be in an future update.
    Currently testing with that but I'm an little short on time, unfortunately.
  • Forecast will be in an future update.
    Currently testing with that but I'm an little short on time, unfortunately.
    Please, don't feel hurried. Take your time.
    You are doing so much for athom and us, so no stress.
    I've learned how to wait.
    THNX for the progress so far!

• EdTstEdTst Member

Anybody have an idea why this is not working?

At the given time, it is 25,7 degrees, but no notification is sent. When I remove the Weather Underground card, I do get a notification. The app is running and I rebooted before the test.

• Does test flow work?
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited July 2016
    Did you have selected the right weather station? You can check in the Insights page what the temp is that the weather station is reporting.

Or test it via the API of WU: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21835/#Comment_21835
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    Does test flow work?

I see the message that the flow has started, also the card has an triangle that says 'Temp 25.7 is above 20'but nothing happens then.
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    Did you have selected the right weather station? You can check in the Insights page what the temp is that the weather station is reporting.

Or test it via the API of WU: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21835/#Comment_21835

Yes, I can see al data there. I verified the temererature at the given time is higher than the set 20.
  • EdTst said:

Yes, I can see al data there. I verified the temererature at the given time is higher than the set 20.
    In my humble opinion, I'm just a noob, than the problem is the push notification.