This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Greenwave powernode

Could someone tell me why greenwave powernode sockets NS310-F is not vissible in insights?

Comments

• Cause 0.8.39 wrecked logging of z-wave devices to Insights? My Aeotec MultiSensors also no longer log data to Insights. 
  • JacobJacob Member
    Not necceseary true. My Fibaro motion sensor keeps logging movement, temp and lux
  • posthok said:
    Could someone tell me why greenwave powernode sockets NS310-F is not vissible in insights?
    It is for me. It's displaying on/off and power usage in Insights just fine ... :hushed: 
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    Phuturist said:
    posthok said:
    It is for me. It's displaying on/off and power usage in Insights just fine ... hushed 
    What settings do you have. It's my first experience with zwave, maybe i'm doing something wrong.
    In fact only Kaku is reporting in insights. Got 6 greenwave powernode 1 sockets and not one is vissible in insights.
    8.39 firmware

• EternityEternity Member
    edited June 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff 

Logging of Aeotec sensors is working for me! 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    I deleted my Fibaro and re-added it (actually, battery was empty). After re-edding it, it didn't show anymore. For people who have Zwave devices in insights: Were they there before the upgrade?
  • I deleted my Fibaro and re-added it (actually, battery was empty). After re-edding it, it didn't show anymore. For people who have Zwave devices in insights: Were they there before the upgrade?
    Yup, all my devices have been added way back.

@posthok I have this zwave configuration for both my Greenwave Powernode 1 and 6.
    Data: 1,1,255
    Polling: a value between 200 and 300 (variate between devices to spread the polling load)
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    @Phuturist ;

Thanx for your settings But still no insight view for z-wave.
    I'll wait for the z-wave rewrite maybe that makes a difference.
  • Did you add them as powernode sockets and then chose "other" under devices?  Only then you will get power insights. If you identify it being a light you do not get power insights. 

This is also the case on my fibaro wall plugs. Not sure why athom chose not to include power insights on lights? 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Missing power (usage) is a known issue from 0.8.29 (April 2016)

So don't expect a quick fix on this.... 
  • The word quick is not in the vocubulary of Homey.
    edited June 2016
    Ehhh...I have just successfully added a Greenwave Powernode 6 to my Homey. Do I poll all six sockets individually (set polling values for all 6), or is adding 1 socket and polling that sufficient?

Also, in the pairing process I was asked what type of connection the socket would have (lightbulb, ventilator, heater). I just OK-d that... can I edit these settings later...?
    edited June 2016
    I added an extra single port Greenwave Powernode, this time I opted to add it as 'ventilator'.

It was added with a nice icon, the one below in this example is a powernode added as a socket.
    However, in a flow the ventilator does not show as an on/off switchable device, but I can only set z-wave parameters:

That is not as it should, I hope....

Do i report this as a bug? How?
  • @Eternity ;
    You should be able to shift on the right side of this card.
    Otherwise re-add the device again, but now as a socket.
    Z-wave rewrite is ongoing. 
  • Re-added the z-wave stuff. Now all seems normal. I am sure it's a bug, though. You should be able to add as a ventilator, and switch on/off. 

Hopefully with the z-wave overhaul... 
  • I entered today the world of z-wave because Kaku isn't working. But my zwave sensor are not triggering anything in a flow. I think i'm going crazy.
  • I have a lamp plugged into socket nr 5, which I would like to switch on/off when another lamp is switched on/off. Although I know that this can be done using a flow, I would like to do this using an association. I can't figure out what device id should I use in the association field of the other lamp. Something like "11.5" (powernode device id is 11) is not accepted (input field turns red).

Anyone know how to do this?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited January 2017
    @ivoterhorst good question. Have been wondering the question myself... 
    The powernode (but also the Fibaro 2x 1.5 Relay) are both Z-wave devices using the Multi Channel Command Class.
    For another device to switch on a Multi Channel end-point (socket of the powernode), it has to support the Multi Channel Command Class (Association) itself... 

Not all devices support this class; Homey does. So it depends on the devices used.
  • Just checked with my own devices (Fibaro Dimmer-2 and motion sensor) which both support the right command class: COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION

With none of these devces I'm able to add a multi channel node (e.g. socket of the powernode-6).
    So either the input validation of the GUI is incorrect, or the COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION is not fully implemented yet to support this function. I created a Github issue for this.