This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Announcement Official

Will Homey support {device x}? Read this first!

124»

Comments

• compadrecompadre Member
    edited January 2016
    compadre said:
    Not wanting to create a thread, just saw in ifttt some fitness tracker are supported. would something like that better suit for tracking events then a phone - or only a phone? I know the way over ifttt would be an option here, but possibly more possibilities if can link directly to homey
    most interesting likely the fall asleep log or stand up. Plus tracker 

but it maybe I am also totally off here

edit: Fitbit has an open api just seen on there page 
    Please create a feature request thread. It's free.
    Oh you can also make one
    edit: created the request
  • oertje said:
    compadre said:
    oertje said:

Emile said:
    We'll probably support most airco's when it's summer ;-)

I have a Mitubishi airco and now I have a broadlink RM2 and the airco works great via wifi and 4G
    Hope that homey can do it for me directly

would still like to use my rm2 in another room as extender for homey. chances are likely low but some (unofficial) api and sdk are flying around the net for the rm2. it is just a too cheap and nice working solution so hopefully get it somehow to work also with homey
    Today I was also reading about the api for Broadlink RM2 which I have, but I want to work my RF auping remote with broadlink and wat I try I get not fixed it und do not understand it why not, and Yes I like also broadlink and will work on it
    http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/ ( I try to get my devices but nothing happend, must I do Portforwarding for broadlink on my router first? )

anyone ??
    Cannot help with that. For homey integration possibly better to have an own thread created. You have my plus 1
  • Emile said:

Fire69 said:
    Hyperion-support would be nice! The led ring could be synced with my tv (for effect, probably not realtime for movies?) :-D

I was actually thinking of syncing Homeys led ring to hyperion, haha. That'd be awesome when he speaks.

As for light pack, should definitely be possible, but I'm gonna leave that to the community.

Just a quick thank you for putting me onto Hyperion. Never knew such a thing existed and I'm a sucker for pretty lights. Created my own ambilight with Hyperion and I love it ... :smiley: 
  • Can I get an update on When zigbee would be supported?
  • Which Zigbee devices do you want to see supported?

Zigbee (Wiki) is:
    ZigBee is an IEEE 802.15.4-based specification for a suite of high-level communication protocols used to create personal area networks with small, low-power digital radios.

With a ton of specifications:

Application profiles
    The current list of application profiles either published, or in development are:

Released specifications
    • ZigBee Home Automation 1.2
    • Smart Energies 1.1b
    • Telecommunication Services 1.0
    • Health Care 1.0
    • RF4CE – Remote Control 1.0
    • RF4CE – Input Device 1.0
    • Remote Control 2.0
    • Light Link 1.0
    • IP 1.0
    • Building Automation 1.0
    • Gateway 1.0
    • Green Power 1.0 (Optional battery-less remote control feature of ZigBee 2012)
    • Retail Services

Specifications under development
    • ZigBee Smart Energy 2.0
    • Smart Energy 1.2/1.3 
    • Light Link 1.1 
    • Home Automation 1.3

Philips Hue uses the Light Link specs and Athom confirmed the will develop support for Zigbee Light Link (and in the future more specs)
  • If they add support for ZLL and HA they will probably have 90% of Zigbee devices working :
  • I searched the forum, but couldn't find whether homey supports motion sensors from Bosch security systems (see for instance page 4 here: http://www.rowantech.nl/wp-content/uploads/Bosch_Intrusion_Dete_Quick_Selection_Guide_enUS_9007201854462859.pdf). It is 433mhz but couldn't find the exact protocol.
    thanks in advance.
  • Well, if the car is in front of the house, it seems very legit to me!

In my experience these sensors are powered by the rotational energy of the weels and are not equipped with batteries nor do they store energy. You would probably have to put the car on a dynamometer (nl: rollenbank) in front of the house and start it remotely to make it work  ;) But I like the thought.
  • Once they get 433Mhz working, I'll give it a try.
    If needed I'll hook Homey up to my power bank and give it a drive around the block  :#
  •  Will Homey support  right from the box Parrot Flower Power, Logitech Harmony Hub and Sensibo?
  • casedacaseda Member
    Out of the box is nothing supported, you will atleast need to install the corresponding app from the app store:
    - Parrot flow power, not directly, able via IFTTT
    - Harmony hub, there is an app
    - Sensibo, not directly, able via IFTTT

The not directly apps should be able to have an app created if someone is willing to create one. (don't know if Bluetooth is a requirement for the Parrot, this is not implemented, yet) 
  • VonkenboerVonkenboer Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi to you all!

I just pre-ordered the homey and I can't wait to get my hands on this device. I own a Fibaro HC2 right now with a lot of z-wave devices. I'm really fed up how Fibaro treats it's users and the closed source way they handle things. That's why I was looking for other solutions and found Homey. I really like how you're communicating and the way you approached/handle things. Just what I'm looking for!

So I'm planning to gradually migrate from the HC2 to Homey. In this process I will try to share as much knowledge and experience with all of you, if appreciated of course. wink

Some questions I have:
    1 - Does it support the 'Thinking Cleaner' faceplate for Roomba?
    2 -  Is there a way to program things like Fibaro does with it's lua coding?
    If so, does it has debugging options? Can global functions be used (for using them in local scripts)?
    3 - Does Homey have a way to see the (z-wave/zigbee) device reception strength and node-routing info?
    4 - Does Homey have a cross-reference ability to search devices or variables?
    EDIT: 5 - Does Homey support other controllers as slave?

I know that are a lot of (strange and silly?) questions. but I experimented a lot on home domotica the last several years with different setups and would really have a system without waiting for months to get a workable answer or solution.

Thumbs up for what you achieved so far, it looks impressive! But don't make the same mistake a lot of manufactures do. Please promise what you preach, be fair.  No is also an answer...

I'm looking forward to get involved!

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited June 2016
    1. Yes it does, there's an app for that: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.thinkingcleaner?query=Roomba works like a charm.
    2. The Z-wave implementation is getting a rewrite, it's not yet clear what it will look like, other than that there will be apps for devices/brands.
    3. Not now, maybe in the rewrite, maybe not.
    4. No.
    5. Think so, but never really looked into that.

• VonkenboerVonkenboer Member
    edited July 2016
    1. Yes it does, there's an app for that: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.thinkingcleaner?query=Roomba works like a charm.
    2. The Z-wave implementation is getting a rewrite, it's not yet clear what it will look like, other than that there will be apps for devices/brands.
    3. Not now, maybe in the rewrite, maybe not.
    4. No.
    5. Think so, but never really looked into that.

Thanks for answering the questions! It's appreciated.
    Nice!

• Is it possible to use Chacon devices ?
    They are very popular in Belgium.
    Thanks
  • Although the a high risc I will make me at least unpopular I have to ask : B)
    (becaue I don't know if ist an popular or unpopular system/appliance but seems to me supperieur to Sonos & Heos because it also can support / can be extended through bluetooth devices from every Musiccast speaker. so you can choose of you listen through that wireless speaker or maybe connect/link  a e.g. Bluetooth headphone(or mini speaker) to it (in that room). Sonos and Heos cant do that.

ATHOM : Any thoughts about adding support for Yamaha MusicCast after now you already support SONOS and HEOS ? http://nl.yamaha.com/nl/products/audio-visual/musiccast/ Thank you.
  • Hi. First post here.

The company ubisys makes several ZigBee 3.0 Home Automation devices, e.g. dimmers, switches, shutter controls, etc... A description can be found here:

http://www.ubisys.de/en/smarthome/products.html

Would these (in particular the Universal Dimmer D1) be supported by Homey? I am looking for a ZigBee gateway/bridge that could support these products. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Hi guys, I was wondering if athom, or one of you are allready been busy with creating an app for populair smart home devices from China like Broadlink and Xiaomi. Both brands are having excellent devices for really good prices on Ali Express 
  • Hi, Broadlink connection (and stereoboomm radio) is high on my wishlist too. This would make Homey really interesting, and further standout from all other soloutions out there. I hope Athom is not to much influenced by the big brands (Philips, Sonos, KAKU, Fibaro etc) to limit the other user friendly (and cheap) developments.
    I must say, that for Broadlink there is a kind of work around (not very user friendly though) to use their sensors on Homey.
  • I have a question - when it says "Community", how do we go about getting the community interested or aware of the demand.
    Take Sonoff for example - this has been hacked to work without firmware flashing (see thread on here), they are dirt cheap (~£€5 per unit) and provide the functionality of TP Link plugs at 4 times that price. 

Producing an app for this could save the community 1000's of £€$ cumulatively, but as yet they are relatively unknown...

I personally don't have the technical knowledge to make an app for this, but would be happy to buy someone who does a device to get this done as I believe it would help many people down the line, but how do we ensure these requests do not get lost - is there a 'request' area or is it just post and hope someone sees it?
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited November 2017
    There seem to be different Sonoff devices with different interfaces:
    https://github.com/athombv/ch.sonoff  this is RF433
    https://blog.ipsumdomus.com/sonoff-switch-complete-hack-without-firmware-upgrade-1b2d6632c01  for WiFi
    the later is mentioned in https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1857 requested by @vaderag (thanks)
    For everybody who also wants this, please add a thumbs-up to this item 1857 at Github (+)
  • JPe said:
    There seem to be different Sonoff devices with different interfaces:
    https://github.com/athombv/ch.sonoff  this is RF433
    https://blog.ipsumdomus.com/sonoff-switch-complete-hack-without-firmware-upgrade-1b2d6632c01  for WiFi
    the later is mentioned in https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1857 requested by @vaderag (thanks)
    For everybody who also wants this, please add a thumbs-up to this item (+)
    Just to add, the RF433 version is slightly less widely usable - as far as i'm aware (tho could be wrong) not all varieties of sonoff work with the 433 (e.g. I am using a wifi 16A one to control a radiator, but don't think that comes in a 433mhz model). Also, the hack someone mentioned in the sonoff thread is for the wifi version also.
  • Will there be any support for Telldus / Proove Z-wave (+ plus) gadgets? Very common here in Sweden.
    Like this one: http://telldus.com/produkt/fjarrstyrt_uttag_telldus_z-wave/

(Please ignore if already answered, newbie and have searched but not found)

Tnx for a great product!
  • The original flow chart at the beginning of this thread says that if an rf signal is simple that homey may may be able to clone it.  And, indeed, one of the first kick starter videos on youtube shows it working that way - the homey listens and the guy demonstrating presses a button on the remote he wants to pair and hey presto, homey then works with that product.  However, I've never been able to find anything about that function and guess it has been dropped. 
    The reason I write is that I have a whole bunch of old Ikea koppla rf remote sockets.  They don't make them anymore but I am guessing lots of people will have them, if they haven't thrown them away by now.
    The koppla was originally supported on the rfxcom units as 'lighting3' protocol.  Ive loaded the rfxcom app on the homey but there doesn't seem to be a way of pairing the Ikea units with it.

Any ideas anyone on the above things?  Not sure why there isn't a function to clone simple rf hardware.

Thanks

Dan
  • phred said:
    Will there be any support for Telldus / Proove Z-wave (+ plus) gadgets? Very common here in Sweden.
    Like this one: http://telldus.com/produkt/fjarrstyrt_uttag_telldus_z-wave/

(Please ignore if already answered, newbie and have searched but not found)

Tnx for a great product!
    Telldus isn't supported at the moment as far as I know. But I was actually thinking I would buy some of their stuff to make an app for it.

Also, if you run by Jula you could pick up some of the Nexa Z-wave stuff, which can be used with the Everspring app.
  • daesland said:
    The original flow chart at the beginning of this thread says that if an rf signal is simple that homey may may be able to clone it.  And, indeed, one of the first kick starter videos on youtube shows it working that way - the homey listens and the guy demonstrating presses a button on the remote he wants to pair and hey presto, homey then works with that product.  However, I've never been able to find anything about that function and guess it has been dropped. 
    The reason I write is that I have a whole bunch of old Ikea koppla rf remote sockets.  They don't make them anymore but I am guessing lots of people will have them, if they haven't thrown them away by now.
    The koppla was originally supported on the rfxcom units as 'lighting3' protocol.  Ive loaded the rfxcom app on the homey but there doesn't seem to be a way of pairing the Ikea units with it.

Any ideas anyone on the above things?  Not sure why there isn't a function to clone simple rf hardware.

Thanks

Dan
    I have exactly the same devices and also really would like to have this feature added to Homey.
    So just a cloning app for RF signals would come in very handy, unfortunately I'm not smart enough to do it myself.