This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Better logic / Variable management

Comments

• Bumblez said:
    Question/feature request:

What would it take, to be able to do something like this:

If [I say something: "What is the temperature"]  and [TempValue > 0]  then [Say: The temperature is $TempValue]
    or even
    If [I say something: "What is the temperature"]  then [Say: The temperature is $TempValue]

? any chance of something like this happening, or does this require a significant change in the Flow editor first?
    @Uranday Is using BetterLogic variables in a speech card a viable feature request?
  • UrandayUranday Member
    Phuturist said:
    Bumblez said:

If [I say something: "What is the temperature"]  and [TempValue > 0]  then [Say: The temperature is $TempValue]
    or even
    If [I say something: "What is the temperature"]  then [Say: The temperature is $TempValue]

? any chance of something like this happening, or does this require a significant change in the Flow editor first?
    @Uranday Is using BetterLogic variables in a speech card a viable feature request?

I'll look at this when I'm back from Holliday! 

• Uranday said:

Roger that, have a good one .. :+1: 
  • oliveolive Member
    Hi all

I am newbie , sorry guys can anybody explain STEP BY STEP how can i use and configure this app, i understand nothing. I read the forum and look videos but sorry, i understand nothing. I think not all users (hope i am not alone) understand this. Thanks guys for clarifying.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited June 2016
    olive said:
    Hi all

I am newbie , sorry guys can anybody explain STEP BY STEP how can i use and configure this app, i understand nothing. I read the forum and look videos but sorry, i understand nothing. I think not all users (hope i am not alone) understand this. Thanks guys for clarifying.
    Hello olive, chances are that if you don't understand this app you probably don't need it as well. :wink: 
  • @Phuturist ;That wasn't o:) nice  B) :D >:)

@olive ;First of all, I'm No expert and just a few minutes less new bee than you, but I'll try to explain the app.
    The app is to control logical thing. 
    I use it to do two things.
    First to set certain numbers (Temp, Illum, Humit, enz)
    Second to To let Homey know if something is True or not.

To start with the first.
    The app can take information from your own sensors and store them as they change.
    For instance: If my Fibaro feels a new temp, I let the app store it (number). When Fibaro "feels" a new temp, the app overwrites the old temp and stores the new one. So What?
    You can use Homey to combine this with a action.
    Example if the time is _ _:_ _ and in Better Logic app the Temp is more than _ _ degree, You can turn on the lights. (don't know if this makes any better logic sense, but it is an example.  B)
    There are many more combinations and other cards, but I thought i should start with the basic's I know.

The second is Boolean.
    You can use it to let homey know certain things are true or falls.
    I can explain it, but this is a threat that explained it for me:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/25825/#Comment_25825
    (Scroll down to the explanation of @DaneeDeKruyff )

I hope this helps as a starter.
    This is what I know and (as a starter myself) use.
    Maybe other will fill on on this threat!.
    Good luck  B)
  • oliveolive Member
    Phuturist said:
    olive said:
    Hi all

Hello olive, chances are that if you don't understand this app you probably don't need it as well. :wink: 

Hello phuturist

Very good answer!
  • oliveolive Member

@Phuturist ;That wasn't o:) nice  B) :D >:)

@olive ;First of all, I'm No expert and just a few minutes less new bee than you, but I'll try to explain the app.

To start with the first.
    The app can take information from your own sensors and store them as they change.
    For instance: If my Fibaro feels a new temp, I let the app store it (number). When Fibaro "feels" a new temp, the app overwrites the old temp and stores the new one. So What?
    Example if the time is _ _:_ _ and in Better Logic app the Temp is more than _ _ degree, You can turn on the lights. (don't know if this makes any better logic sense, but it is an example.  B)
    There are many more combinations and other cards, but I thought i should start with the basic's I know.

The second is Boolean.

Good luck  B)
    Thanks, that is what i want! I think we are a big team and want help me and other users. Thanks for clarifying ThijsDe Jong
  • olive said:

@Phuturist ;That wasn't o:) nice  B) :D >:)

To start with the first.

The second is Boolean.

Good luck  B)
    Thanks, that is what i want! I think we are a big team and want help me and other users. Thanks for clarifying ThijsDe Jong
    NP
  • I think I didnt understand the explanation.

Whats wrong with this flow?
    It is a fibaro multi sensor, no parameters set.
    lux.png 196.8K
  • casedacaseda Member
    The test button does not look at the lux value in the "if" section but uses a random value. 
    Atleast if that is your problem, you don't state what's wrong 
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited June 2016
    I did know a bout the test button, but my vallue's arent changing.  Used a flashlight and homey didnt speak to me since 18.00 hours. It is a lot darker now.

Is my sensor not probaly installed maybe?

Edit: I'm not sure if I had understand the explanation, but this flow looks good to you?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2016
    Are you in 0.8.39? if so then that is a bug that is known, everybody doesn't get any lux or movement updates from their z-wave devices.

But yeah, the flow is good for what you want it to do. Save the value to a string and let it say by homey
  • there are issues with the communication between Homey and sensors...
  • Is it possible that I am loosing variables? I can't seem to find my boolean variable, and some of my underground weather strings is missing.
  • Uranday said:
    Phuturist said:
    Bumblez said:

or even

Like to have this feature! +1
  • Nice app! I like it!

Just a question though:
    For example, I have a string variable containing say hello homey and I wanted to strip it to hello homey (remove say). The reasons is to make Homey commands from a text-string, like say, ledcolor etc.

So I want to strip a string variable (containing a text) from certain contents in the Then flow column. How can I do that?
    (In lua, which I use for my Fibaro controller, I could use string.gsub function)
  • I would love a feature like a switch-case based on a word in a text, so I would be able to map certain words to values.
    Example: If I say 'Turn my lights blue', it notices the word 'blue' and sets a variable to '0000FF'. When I say 'Make my lights red', it recognizes 'red' and the variable would be set to 'FF0000'. etc.

This would save me writing lots of almost the same flow (only different in the word and value).

Is this possible?

Btw. Enjoy your holiday!

• Uranday said:
    Phuturist said:
    Bumblez said:

or even

@Uranday: Did you have a chance to look at this already?
    Tried using this too this week, found out it's not possible yet.
    I'm using the build-in variables now, but your app is way easier to use and I like checking the content of the variable in the app settings :)
  • +1
  • Is anyone else experiencing disappearing BL variables?  Over the last two weeks I've had random variables drop - at first I thought I must've accidentally deleted them, but it keeps happening (on 0.9.2)

One came back after recreating it, so I now have 2 variables with the same name.
  • missing some as well..

• Is @Uranday still on vacation?  :)
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited August 2016
    Is @Uranday still on vacation? 
    Seems to me he is not active anymore. His last activity dates back from the 28th of June.

Would be a shame as he did a great job on BetterLogic, this app is the most vital one for most of my flows logic.
  • Er yes - without BL almost none of my flows would run anymore. He may just be on a loooong vacation, fingers crossed.
  • @Uranday Would it be possible to allow renaming of variables?
  • MarkSwift said:
    @Uranday Would it be possible to allow renaming of variables?
    Based on the Homey Api, auto updating renamed variable names in existing flows would not be possible. 
  • Hi all, 

I'm not gone, just had a very very very busy period with projects on my work. Currently I can try to add some features, but I'm unsure about the amount of hours I can spend at it. If anyone wants to push a feature to git Ill surely will take a look at it.
    Ill see if I can figure out what happened with version 0.9.2. 

Patrick
  • Uranday said:
    Hi all, 

I'm not gone, just had a very very very busy period with projects on my work. Currently I can try to add some features, but I'm unsure about the amount of hours I can spend at it. If anyone wants to push a feature to git Ill surely will take a look at it.
    Ill see if I can figure out what happened with version 0.9.2. 

Patrick
    Good to hear you are still around, for me there is nothing pressing. :+1: 

Good luck on the job!