This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Good thing it was something you could solve in the software! :-)

• Emile said:
    Yep! Chances of bricking a Homey are basically non-existent now :)

Challenge accepted

• So I discovered this product way to late (as usual -.- ) but like everyone else here, I'm really interested. If I order before the end of August, what is the estimated delivery time at this point in time and will I be able to instantly customise my Homey using the API's available? I already have some ideas and I will probably start development soon.

• BasPostBasPost Member
    edited August 2015

When will there be an new update at Kickstarter or here? Is there new info and/or pictures to share? How is the progress going? Is the hardware, case, packaging all going well? I'm so curious, now the last weeks are slowly ticking away.

• BasPostBasPost Member
    edited August 2015

sorry, double post

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

We're currently working overtime to get everything ready for mass production. I'm definitely gonna post an update soon :-)

• Emile said:
    We're currently working overtime to get everything ready for mass production. I'm definitely gonna post an update soon :-)

+1 for everything!

• When Will we see the app store online?

• Just try https://apps.athom.com/ every day like the rest of us, lol.

@Emile https://apps.athom.com/ is responding with a 403 (forbidden) btw. Don't know if this is intentionally?

Really, it works for me...? ;-) ;-)

• RobinVanKekem said:
    Just try https://apps.athom.com/ every day like the rest of us, lol.

@Emile https://apps.athom.com/ is responding with a 403 (forbidden) btw. Don't know if this is intentionally?

Emile said:
    Really, it works for me...? ;-) ;-)

For me also 403 (forbidden) on Mac 10.10.5 and Safari 8.0.8

• LoL

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited August 2015

its forbidden for a reason guys ;) just have a little patience.

BTW Emile, I've send you an email.

• BasPostBasPost Member
    edited August 2015

Doh! - slap myself! ;-)

• LoL

• Am I the only one who can see the app store?
    I have Some wonderfull Dreams about it :-)

• What a crazy **** here.... dreaming about a App Store!? >:)

Good luck guys!!

• Emile said:
    Hopefully the end of week 4, or the first week of september :)

Next week the first shipments or....?

• what a delay... next time better produce in China...

• sdelewi said:
    what a delay... next time better produce in China...

wash your mouth (brain/fingers in this case)!

edited August 2015

MarcoF said:

Emile said:

Nope, unfortunately not. We're squashing a final bug, before the hardware can be massively manufactured. (If we didn't, there was a <1% chance that zigbee wouldn't work in the future, yet still I didn't want to take that chance). Shouldn't take more than a few days before we can place the final order, which will then take 2-3 weeks.

• Emile said:

MarcoF said:

Emile said:

Nope, unfortunately not. We're squashing a final bug, before the hardware can be massively manufactured. (If we didn't, there was a <1% chance that zigbee wouldn't work in the future, yet still I didn't want to take that chance). Shouldn't take more than a few days before we can place the final order, which will then take 2-3 weeks.

Bummer... again...

• MoekMoek Member

I must say this is not a nice way to start your day but I do respect your perfectionism.
    So how about bringing the appstore online to tie us over for the next couple of weeks ;)

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited August 2015

One of the only company's that keeps their upcoming customers in the loop on the progress of their production, normally you are unable to know the progress and therefore never hear about delays.

Cars for example, they are never on time and are always delayed a few months :p
    I rather wait 6 months for a car without technical issues ;)

Thanks for the update Emile!

• Emile said:

MarcoF said:

Emile said:

I hope you give us a update when then final order is placed.

• Emile said:

MarcoF said:

Emile said:

Ok, so this week the final order and that will take 2-3 weeks (mid september).
    How long will it take for you guys to ship the boxes? 1, 2, 3 weeks?

• I really understand and respect that you want to make sure that the Homey doesn't break in any way once shipped. I am really looking forward to setting it up at home! :):)
    I hope that you manage to find the time to give us one more kickstarter update before shipping, maybe with some photos/videos of the different aspects of Homey (how it looks, works, responds, user interface etc) just to numb the searing pain of waiting! :):)
    I know we've already seen stuff, but everyting is helping for us that are just waiting "in the dark".

Anyways - keep up the (really) good work, Homey team! :)

• vindt het ondertussen zeer vervelend te worden ( New shipment date )
    wil nu een product of geld terug.......
    @&;^%^^%^% zeg dan niets
    zo dat moest er even uit..

• Ronald said:
    vindt het ondertussen zeer vervelend te worden ( New shipment date )
    wil nu een product of geld terug.......
    @&;^%^^%^% zeg dan niets
    zo dat moest er even uit..

Uhhh... Dude, come on!
    First of all, in English please.
    Second, there are still HARDWARE bugs that has te be iron out!

If you have no patience, then you had never pre-ordered Homey. You aren't even a "Backer".

Patience is a virtue man!

Even I will gladly wait and I am a very unpatience man

• MoekMoek Member

Uhhh... Dude, come on!
    First of all, in English please.
    Second, there are still HARDWARE bugs that has te be iron out!

If you have no patience, then you had never pre-ordered Homey. You aren't even a "Backer".

Patience is a virtue man!

Even I will gladly wait and I am a very unpatience man

+1
    If Homey will be half as good as think it'll be it will definitely be worth the wait.

This discussion has been closed.