This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Generating efficient flows

I wonder if I am creating my flows efficient enough. Just wondering if my thought proces is correct.
I have 4 lights in my living room (named floor, standing, spots, desk) which I would like to be able to turn on:

1. in one group
In a group is easy...they are all in the living room so I can just say: turn on the lights in the living room

2. individually
Individually is also easy but do I need to make a flow for each individual lamp? I cannot just create one flow with an OR function?

3. in any combination of 2 or 3
I assume this just builds on either option 1 or 2. I can create a sub group in the living room...e.g. left side living room and create a flow so lamp 1 and 3 turn on, or I just say turn on floor lamp and desk lamp which each has it's separate flow?

Comments

• mglatmglat Member
    A good and interesting question. Would have expected some feedback from our community in the does/don't. 

I have created 1 flow with 1 trigger and than switching on several Zwave and KAKU dimmers. It takes up several minutes to switch all lamps on. And a lot of times it doesnt finish the scene completely. So I have to do those lamps manualy. Pretty anoying.

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    If the scene doesn't finish, it's not a problem caused by Homey. Someone mentioned this before: also Toon doesn't switch very well. It seems like Philips purposely crippled third-party apps...
  • @basvandenbosch where does @mglat mention Philips? I see Zwave and KAKU mentioned.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You're right. I saw the word "scene" and I thought of HUE...