This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Z-Wave device Parameters

tweaqertweaqer Member
edited June 2016 in Archive
Dear Homey,
I know you guys are working hard on the new z-wave and @Taco already did great work so far, but I wanted to ask if you could enable easy Parameter settings. For example my (fibaro) smoke alarm has a feature that it beeps every X minutes to tell you it's within z-wave range. I want to be able to change that by scrolling through the parameters like in domoticz or fibaro gui.
Like this:

There they have a number of the parameter, short description and the given setting.
Will such support be added? I hope so
Cheers!

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    This will not be added until the new zwave api is done and the Fibaro app is created. 

So all you can do for now, is wait for the new zwave implementation. 
    Or put in the parameter(s) manually 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited June 2016
    It's not that hard to read the device's manual (same as reading that page in Domoticz...) and typing the number of the parameter yourself, is it? 
    The only extra effort is that you need to download the pdf for the manual yourself from the manufacturer's website. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Great and valid question, I'm missing it to and would be great if its asap added/released with the new Z-wave implementation (we will have to wait on that for ~4 weeks).

And its not the effort/time to do it by hand, its just great if its implemented :)
  • tweaqertweaqer Member
    edited June 2016
    @caseda My question was mainly aimed at the new z-wave implementation, it's not a real urgent matter. I just wanted to make sure this feature is not overlooked upon with the new z-wave rewrite. @Fire69 I know that it is possible, but it's not userfriendly. And I love me some userfriendlyness.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    One of the improvements that Z-Wave Apps give us is that settings can be specified to (for example) a simple sensitivity slider instead of `3,4,8;` ;)
  • Great stuff @Emile really looking forward to it :)
  • tweaqertweaqer Member
    edited July 2016
    Emile said:
    One of the improvements that Z-Wave Apps give us is that settings can be specified to (for example) a simple sensitivity slider instead of `3,4,8;`
    Hi there @Emile can you please point me towards the slider (or any place at all where I can edit the parameters)? I can't find it with the new Fibaro App..? Thanks!
  • Those aren't implemented yet.
This discussion has been closed.