This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Philips Hue

Comments

• Another bug was fixed in 1.0.5, try it from Github or wait for it getting published to the store. 
  • Pfff... De-installed, reinstalled Hue app and added devices again. Hue is working fine now with 0.8.38.
  • same here after upgrade to 8.3.38 bulbs are failing

also in the normal hue app on my phone bulbs marked as missing

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    Webster said:
    same here after upgrade to 8.3.38 bulbs are failing

also in the normal hue app on my phone bulbs marked as missing

If they're missing in the official Hue app you probably have a different problem.
    Homey can't make your bulbs disappear :)
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    It is still not possible to control other lights with for example a hue dimmer, when will I be able to control my osram lightify lights with the hue dimmer in control of homey?

I know I can connect the osram lights to the hue directly, which I've currently done but I would like Homey to control it.
  • Currentley i can't pair the hub with homey. When i press the button nothing happens during the pairing wizard.. .38 firmware 1.0.5 hue app
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited June 2016
    How much time is there between starting the pairing action and actualy pressing the button on your bridge? In my experience the time you have to press the button on the bridge is decreased significantly in the last version.
  • Couple of seconds, Lets say 10?
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited June 2016
    Over here I tried 1 second after, 1 second before, also 3, 5,  10. Nothing works. Old gen bridge, new gen bridge, with 10 lights on it, or 49. Doesn't matter. Nothing works to get it to pair.
  • hope they fix it this week... 
  • do you guys encounter with bridge v2 and couple of lights that in flows other devices do go on, but that the hue lights all together often fail?
    i have it here in a flow with zwave lights as well and in the flow the zwave light always goes on, but the hue's regularly fail. 

now to be honest i think i'm stretching the range as i sometimes in the hue app or ios do have trouble to activate a lamp as well - sometimes, but not as often as homey. 
  • yes : https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/issues
    and it's a problem with the HUE-bridge mostly...

any smart workaround? (like sending the on/off signal 3 times in a flow? :))
  • I'd wait (set delay) one second between sending to every light...
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    yes : https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/issues

If you didn't do it already then try changing the location of the hub? or just  put it on his side, or turn the hub 90 degrees.? maybe it helps?

and do you have the same problems when you activate a scene in hue?

I don't send commands to individual lights, just to scenes and rooms, works like a charm for the situations mentioned above.
  • My phlips Hue lights work flawlessly now with the flows that I made. I sometimes use the build in command 'zet alle lampen uit' and that one doesn't work very well. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    fiek said:
    My phlips Hue lights work flawlessly now with the flows that I made. I sometimes use the build in command 'zet alle lampen uit' and that one doesn't work very well. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    please use scenes from the groups you made in hue..that workes much better than all lamps off
  • Agree, groups and scenes in Hue app, call scene settings from flows. Works like a charm. (20+ hue lights).
  • So i now have a group, but when activating the group in a flow i very regularly have the lights go on very dimmed, not what they were before... any idea why?
  • So i now have a group, but when activating the group in a flow i very regularly have the lights go on very dimmed, not what they were before... any idea why?
    if you activate that group thru your phone hue app then your lights are not the same dimmed as you activate that same group thru homey?? ...............................strange:-/

• glijie said:
    So i now have a group, but when activating the group in a flow i very regularly have the lights go on very dimmed, not what they were before... any idea why?
    if you activate that group thru your phone hue app then your lights are not the same dimmed as you activate that same group thru homey?? ...............................strange:-/

havent even tried the hue app on it ;) will try that a couple of times
  • well there you make the groups in. Where do you make the groups or scenes?

• the group is in hue app and and then i select the group to go on / off in the homey flow. 

• that should normally work, I think if the group is not dimmed like you want than you have to adjust your dim level in the hue app
  • JesperJesper Member
    Question will the hue light status be synced with Homey when I use the hue app to switch them on?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Jesper
    yes it will, the bridge is being polled every 7,5 seconds if the status of anything has changed.
  • JesperJesper Member
    caseda said:
    @Jesper
    yes it will, the bridge is being polled every 7,5 seconds if the status of anything has changed.
    Cool that's a big advantage when compared with the LIFX lights.
  • I'm looking for a way to detect unreachable HUE lights via a flow. An unreachable HUE light occurs when someone switches a manual switch. Homey knows that it is unreachable (see screenshot), but there isn't anything build in the app to detect this with a flow.

The reason why I want to detect this, is that we still have some manual switches in the house. Normaly we don't use them, because the lights will work automaticaly.
  • As far as I know it is not possible to have a trigger card that fires when the light is unreachable. It would be a good idea to update the app with this function. But for now... not possible I gues.

I replaced al the wall-switches by a blind-cap and connected the wires from the switch together. Now it isn't possible to switch of the light by hand anymore and that exectly what I whant with my hue lights.