This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Input required: flow's with time

Comments

• random timer... awesome.

• It seems they are listening very carefully to what we, the community, are saying :-D

Thumbs up guys!!

• Hey guys & @Emile, I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask, and I don't want to start a new topic just because of one question... But could a flow be set up to automatically ask you something if requirements are met, and require user voice input? Specifically, something like this:

If date range is 1st April - 1st October, and time is 8am - 9pm, If Indoor temp is ≥ outdoor temp, If geofence current location is home, ask me Tommy, Should I pull the blinds down? . If response Yes, Start Flow [X]. If response No, ask again 2 times. Else If (not home)sent push alert to phone Running Flow [X] because Flow [Y].

I realize that this is asking multiple questions at once, just got the idea to automatically set the sun blinds to a predefined position so the sun does not shine into my apartment. Of course the flow should also check is the sunblinds are already down, etc. I couldn't find a question regarding Homey initiating speech, or if flows this complicated are even possible.

• That would indeed be a very nice flow :D

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Nope sorry, asking questions is not supported as of yet.

• tommyjaytommyjay Member
    edited August 2015

@Emile said:

But if I remember you explained with the Star Trek example that when you ask for a movie, Homey pulls up the database of local movies and asks which one, or with song playing, if you you want to play an artist Homey will ask which Album? I think I remember reading something like this week's ago. If so, shouldn't it be easily set as a condition for a flow?

Oh! Asking is supported within apps, just not in the flow editor :)

• Ah, understood. Thanks!

• Emile said:

As of yet. Do you maybe see it becoming supported in the future? :-)

• It is possible to let homey say "it is time for the blinds" right?
    and than you can say "hey homey close the blinds"
    I think this would cover the asking part.

• BramSlootBramSloot Member
    edited August 2015

Should it be possible to create a simple "ask" condition card for the flow?:

Homey.manager('flow').on('condition.ask', function( args, callback ){
    Homey.manager('speech-input').ask(args.question), function( err, result, callback ){
    if(??speech result == args.anwser??){
    callback( result );
    }
    });
    });

That's actually a great suggestion, @BramSloot! I'll look into it.

Confirming a sentence (yes or no) is rather easy, so maybe I'll add that. Matching words from an answer is already a lot harder.

• @Emile said:
    That's actually a great suggestion, @BramSloot! I'll look into it.

Confirming a sentence (yes or no) is rather easy, so maybe I'll add that. Matching words from an answer is already a lot harder.

I'm sure that would be a greatly appreciated input mechanism for flows. After all, even if you set a tidy perfect schedule, sometimes you can still change your mind. This would be perfect Emile! Thanks for the effort!! ☺️

• Does Homey support "every other day (om de dag)"? :)

• Maybee an idea to sync with an online agenda, and ask homey whats on the agenda for today

• edited August 2015

+1 for the on-line schedule! That should help my wife big time :) And with that the life expectancy of Homey :P.
    I prefer google calander b.t.w.

MartijnHarte said:
    Does Homey support "every other day (om de dag)"? :)

Calendar (and e-mail and to-do-list) support is on my list as well. The idea is to make an app connect to a service, e.g. Google Calendar, and for Homey this is 'just a calendar'. So it doesn't matter which service you're using. Basically the same as we currently do with devices :)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2015

Emile said:

MartijnHarte said:
    Does Homey support "every other day (om de dag)"? :)

Nice option!!

• If/when you support the calendar function through an app, wil this be possible for different users with different calendars in the house?

Of course :-)

• So you guys are make all sorts of apps which ship with Homey?

• @emile that's even better. Awesome :)

RobinVanKekem said:
    So you guys are make all sorts of apps which ship with Homey?

Yup! We don't expect the community to do éverything ;-)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2015

Emile said:

Yup! We don't expect the community to do éverything ;-)

Great! That's a big advantage against your "competitors"! Most of them launch a product and that's it.

Keep up the good work!

• Would also be nice if you put in the agenda that your on holiday and that homey recoginizes this and uses some kind of holiday mode :-P (with random lights on etc etc)

• Deentje said:
    Would also be nice if you put in the agenda that your on holiday and that homey recoginizes this and uses some kind of holiday mode :-P (with random lights on etc etc)

+2

• Deentje said:
    Would also be nice if you put in the agenda that your on holiday and that homey recoginizes this and uses some kind of holiday mode :-P (with random lights on etc etc)

I'm sure that you could make a flow that turns on the lights at random intervals from 1-60 minutes, and then have another flow which checks calendar IF event starts with "holiday" then run Flow X?

• tommyjay said:

Deentje said:

I'm sure that you could make a flow that turns on the lights at random intervals from 1-60 minutes, and then have another flow which checks calendar IF event starts with "holiday" then run Flow X?

Yeah. And otherwise it will likely be easy to create an app for that.

• DaanDaan Member

A time flow that I use is 30 min befor sunset turn on lights.
    Another one is 30 min after sunset close curtains.

The combination of a time before or after sunset/sunrise is a verry usefull one. 30 min after sunset it is dark enough outside that I don't need the curtains to be open any longer. At sunset there is still a bit light outside so it is too early. Lights in the house should be a bit earlier than sunset.
    To bind this with the sunset/sunrise option takes care of summer and winter times when it is darker earlier/later.

I used to set the time manualy. This had as a disadvantage that I had to adapt the time to often. Sunrise/sunset times solved that problem. I already read that sunset/sunrise times was already supported. I am happy with that and will be placing my order soon.

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited August 2015

Would be great to be able to add a question (spoken by the homey) into the flow editor, that only can and will be answered with either yes or no (This will minimalise the amount of work it costs for Athom)

Like the example "Would you like subtitles with that?", but then available on the flow editor and just 2 answers (Yes/No). In this case it would be better accessible by people not able to script their own app to confirm certain questions that Homey asks which will give allot more possibility's to the flow editor.

Its a unique oppertunity to have even more variation in home automation, for example Im home and I have a flow that will close the blinds as soon as the sun is inside the house. But for some reason I realy dont want the blinds to close because I need the light inside the house. Homey asks if I want to close the blinds instead of just doing it, which allows me to choose whatever I want.