This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

MOVE Kickstarter. They like Homey!

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited August 2015

I love that you all completely spammed their comments page with questions for Homey support ❤

• @Emile
    Homey Army ! ;)

@MarcoF
    Thanks! I've followed MOVE very closely and saw all the updates and comments on their Kickstarter page but I didn't know what a cogwheel was and wasn't paying enough attention to video #2 but yes, now I see MOVE will work perfectly with the Luxaflex products!

• Emile said:
    I love that you all completely spammed their comments page with questions for Homey support ❤

Hahaha, you're welcome! We have great trust in these projects!

• Emile said:

Would be even better if you team up and create official Homey drivers for the Move ;)

• @Michael
    I totally agree :)

• Michael said:

Emile said:

Would be even better if you team up and create official Homey drivers for the Move ;)

We agree too. We have contacted them twice, however, but did not receive any response, we we're still waiting ;)

• So it's time for the Homey community to step up and create some requests? :-D

• Stefan said:
    We agree too. We have contacted them twice, however, but did not receive any response, we we're still waiting ;)

Great news! Let's trigger them a bit to get their attention :)

• Stefan said:

@Stefan Have you already received an answer from them?

• Nope, not yet. But since they noticed, it is probably just waiting on both products to finish and them implementing of their API on Homey, which can be done by them, us or the community. Since the product is not yet available/implementable, it has a little bit lower priority for us ;)

• The Move project is going in the same direction as most of the Kickstarter projects nowadays. Respond every 5 minutes until you reached your goal and then........ total silence...

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Michael said:
    The Move project is going in the same direction as most of the Kickstarter projects nowadays. Respond every 5 minutes until you reached your goal and then........ total silence...

4 minutes reply, beat you to it :-)

• JonJon Member
    edited December 2015

Emile said:

Michael said:
    The Move project is going in the same direction as most of the Kickstarter projects nowadays. Respond every 5 minutes until you reached your goal and then........ total silence...

4 minutes reply, beat you to it :-)

Ha ha, lol!

• MichaelMichael Member
    edited December 2015

With "most" I obviously didn't mean homey. :) You're very close to the backers, which is great!

• Move:

As we have mentioned before we are working on compiling a list of home automation systems that we have received requests to integrate with.

This is the first version:

Please feel free to have opinions regarding our list. Add to or correct by commenting below!

We will start going through the list and sorting out which we can integrate with once we have shipped all MOVE units.

-MOVE team

• They've forgot 433

• Would zwave be better than Bluetooth? Or a waste of money? It will get 50% more expensive
  • @Wilbert;
    I think that depences on your Domotica setup. Here i have a big Zwave network across my whole house. The distance between several windows is >8meters with a lot walls in between. I think Bluetooth won't work reliable in my case and therefore i order 2 extra units only for support in the meshnetwork.

• Well I will use them with homey of course and 3 will be in the same room as homey and 1, 1 story higher. My Bluetooth reception is oke (my headphones stil work when I am upstairs and my phone is were homey would come) I think I am oke with Bluetooth or zwave should have other\more benefits.
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited January 2016
    Don't forget that it creates a mesh network with bluetooth, or if you upgrade to Z-Wave.  
    @Emile and @Taco what is you're point of view? What would you suggest? Is it worth to upgrade regarding support with Homey?
  • @BasPost, +1

Also really curious if it's worth another $15,- per piece. Since I backed for 8 units, it'll cost me $120,- extra
    :neutral: 
  • +1 i'm also curious if Z-Wave is the better option to choose.
    I hope someone from Athom can help us out. :)
  • looks great but i think the price of this product is 50%  to high. it only is a small motor with special gearbox. If it was about 25/30 incl. zwave it is a great massive product, now you can buy somfy for a little bit more from the shelff.
  • tunf said:
    looks great but i think the price of this product is 50%  to high. it only is a small motor with special gearbox. If it was about 25/30 incl. zwave it is a great massive product, now you can buy somfy for a little bit more from the shelff.
    It would even be better if it was for free :smile: But they need to make some money. There are alternatives which are way more expensive. What would be the Somfy alternative that you are referring to?  
  • I think for Homey it doesn't really make a lot of difference. As long as there is a proper app, both offer mesh networking, both offer proper two-way communication and both protocols are supported by Homey.
    So I don't see the added value at the moment.
  • A mesh only works when you have enough devices... 
    It all depends on your home situation, hard to decide for someone else. 
  • I think it's user dependend.
    bluetooth uses 2,4Ghz (same as WIFI) AFAIK.
    since the 2,4Ghz can be very crowdy in urban environment, zwave can be a good alternative.
    zwave has in most situations a better range (lower frequency) as well.
  • Michael said:
    tunf said:
    looks great but i think the price of this product is 50%  to high. it only is a small motor with special gearbox. If it was about 25/30 incl. zwave it is a great massive product, now you can buy somfy for a little bit more from the shelff.
    It would even be better if it was for free :smile: But they need to make some money. There are alternatives which are way more expensive. What would be the Somfy alternative that you are referring to?  
    http://www.zonwering-onderdelen.nl/somfy-roll-up-28-rts-draadvrij

• tunf said:
    Michael said:
    tunf said:
    http://www.zonwering-onderdelen.nl/somfy-roll-up-28-rts-draadvrij

That's a totally different product. It uses another protocol (which is closed I guess?) And won't fit into any of my screens. Furthermore it's 40 euro compared to 119 euro. That's not "a bit more", but three times(!) more.