This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Controlling a central ventilation system with Homey

Comments

• BasPostBasPost Member
    For months I'm looking for the same. But extra hardware will still be necessary.  
    I have an Itho Ecofan and have a Itho PWM module which I want to use with the new 0V-10V Qubino Z-Wave module, when it is released.
  • Would be very nice indeed.
  • I am wondering. Why would there be the need of extra hardware when Homey can be paired as a itho remote.
  • jvreedejvreede Member
    Yeah, theoretically the ITHO remote should be fine, as it has 868 frequency... I just do not know what else it takes to code the device driver

• BasPostBasPost Member
    The hardware is ready of Homey.  
    The code is there.  
    Now someone who can make a Homey app and driver of it...  

I wish I could code and develop...
  • EdoEdo Member
    So how can we get this on the list of Homey of the to be developed apps?
  • edited May 2016
    Don 't think Athom will be developing this app soon. There must be some devs that have an Itho CVS in their home. It is a pretty commonly used system in NL.
  • BasPost said:
    For months I'm looking for the same. But extra hardware will still be necessary.  
    I have an Itho Ecofan and have a Itho PWM module which I want to use with the new 0V-10V Qubino Z-Wave module, when it is released.
    Unfortunately the Qubino Z-Wave 0V-10V isn't of any use within Homey. Inclusion succeeds, but that's it. You can not switch anything. It is seen as "other" device. Hoping the new z-wave implementation changes that....
  • Did some more testing. With some trouble i could add the Qubino. But only after exclusion with another z-wave controller. Then add z-wave device in Homey and put power on the Qubino, but don't touch it. Device is in inclusion mode after you power it. Homey detects it and you can configure it. Only my ranche isn't sufficient so removed it from Homey. I try again when the new driver for z-wave is released. But the good news is: I can control my Stork Comfofan S R with the Qubino. So that's def a plus!!!!!!
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited June 2016
    @kasteleman excellent news! I'm also waiting for the new z-wave update. But in the meantime, could please provide me, how you did the hardware setup? Does the Qubino need separate power? Or can you tap it of internal from the Ecofan?  
    Maybe I will buy the module soon and add it to my Domoticz system
  • BasPost said:
    @kasteleman excellent news! I'm also waiting for the new z-wave update. But in the meantime, could please provide me, how you did the hardware setup? Does the Qubino need separate power? Or can you tap it of internal from the Ecofan?  
    No external power needed! It is on the print itself. You have 12v, 1 ground and one 10V. That is al you need. One downside: if you use a rf control to change the level, it is not reported back to the z-wave controller. But that can be a setting in the configuration of the Qubino 
  • BasPost said:
    No external power needed! It is on the print itself. You have 12v, 1 ground and one 10V. That is al you need. One downside: if you use a rf control to change the level, it is not reported back to the z-wave controller. But that can be a setting in the configuration of the Qubino 
    Forgot to mention and ask, but the Itho PCM print is needed, I have this print also, but not connected it, that's why I asked for the hardware setup
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited June 2016
    @BasPost Don't know for the Itho. You have to take a look at the print. On the stork (zehnder) it is default there (seperate kabelterminal present and labeled with 12V, 0V and 10V)

• @BasPost Don't know for the Itho. You have to take a look at the print. On the stork (zehnder) it is default there (seperate kabelterminal present and labeled with 12V, 0V and 10V)

Do you already have a qubino 0-10V flush dimmer?
  • Got a simple ITHO box with a perilex connector always running on speed 1 and a COCO AWS-3500 for controlling speed 3. Connected to my Homey and works like a charm!
  • Got a simple ITHO box with a perilex connector always running on speed 1 and a COCO AWS-3500 for controlling speed 3. Connected to my Homey and works like a charm!
    Nice way to go! Personally i go for the z-wave solution. Works perfect with the flushdimmer but not connected to my Homey yet because building a z-wave app for it and want to know if there are people around having that device amd willing to test
  • edited August 2016
    I made a start on an app to control the Itho Daalderop (CVE ECO RFT / Remote: RFT-Zender). But got some issues. The app is installing on my Homey, but I have no clue on frequencies / commands to send and what codes to use. Is there anybody here that knows how to deal with that?

Think I'm on the right track (with the app). But not with the RF commands to send through the 868 channel. 
    The app can be found here: https://github.com/robertraaijmakers/nl.ithodaalderop

I tried to figure out the codes from this project: https://github.com/supersjimmie/IthoEcoFanRFT/ ... but can't figure it out :neutral: 

Questions in particular:
    What does this part mean, and how to figure out these values (these values are from the Action app created by Athom)
        "signals": {
            "868": {
                "RFT-SENDER": {
                    "sof": [],
                    "eof": [190],
                    "words": [
                        [190, 570, 190, 570],
                        [570, 190, 570, 190],
                        [190, 570, 570, 190]
                    ],
                    "interval": 5890,
                    "repetitions": 20,
                    "sensitivity": 0.7,
                    "minimalLength": 12,
                    "maximalLength": 12
                }
            }
        }

For the driver.js file: How to receive / send signals (and what 'codes'  to use) and how the hell can you figure out what codes are used. Are they 'encrypted' per remote? Are there differences per remote (or is there some 'pairing' that links the remote to the ventilation unit) - the manual states that you have to link the remote by unplugging the ventilation unit for 15 seconds, plug it back in, press two (diagonal) buttons on the remote to link the remote.

As you can see, I'm quite new with RF ... Hope there is someone here that can help on the RF part :smile:  

Update:
    Found this documentation page: https://developers.athom.com/library/signals/rf/
    Figured (from the IthoEcoFanRFT project) that the values should be something like this:
    "868": {
                "RFT-SEND1": {
                    "eof": [],
                    "words": [],
                    "interval": 5000, /* 5000 is default homey value */
                    "repetitions": 20, /* 10 is default homey value */
                    "sensitivity": 0.7, /* 0.2 is default homey value */
                    "minimalLength": 12, /* No default value...  */
                    "maximalLength": 12, /* No default value... */
                    "modulation": {
                        type: '2-FSK', /* From IthoCC1101.cpp used in sendMessage1, sendMessage2 and receiveMessage */
                        baudRate: 8008.96, /* baud (From IthoCC1101.cpp initSendMessage1 / Data Rate: 8.00896 kBaud) */
                        channelSpacing: 199951.172, /* Hz (From IthoCC1101.cpp initSendMessage1 / Channel spacing 199.951172kHz) */
                        channelDeviation: 25390.625 /* Hz (From IthoCC1101.cpp initSendMessage1 / Channel deviation 25.390625kHz) */
                    },
                    "carrier": 868299866
                },
                "RFT-SEND2": {
                        type: '2-FSK', /* From IthoCC1101.cpp used in sendMessage1, sendMessage2 and receiveMessage */
                        baudRate: 38383.5, /* baud (From IthoCC1101.cpp initSendMessage2 / Data Rate: 38.3835 kBaud) */
                        channelSpacing: 199951.172, /* Hz (From IthoCC1101.cpp initSendMessage2 / Channel spacing 199.951172kHz) */
                        channelDeviation: 50781.250 /* Hz (From IthoCC1101.cpp initSendMessage2 / Channel deviation 50.781250kHz) */
                    },
                },
                "RFT-RECEIVE": {
                        baudRate: 8008.96, /* baud (From IthoCC1101.cpp initReceive / Data Rate: 38.3835 kBaud) */
                        channelSpacing: 199951.1172, /* Hz (From IthoCC1101.cpp initReceive / Channel spacing 199.951172kHz) */
                        channelDeviation: 50781.250 /* Hz (From IthoCC1101.cpp initReceive / Channel deviation 50.781250kHz) */
                    },
                }
            }

But get the following errors when running the application then: 

signals.868.RFT-SEND1: invalid_words

signals.868.RFT-SEND1: invalid_modulation_properties

signals.868.RFT-SEND2: invalid_words

signals.868.RFT-SEND2: invalid_modulation_properties

signals.868.RFT-RECEIVE: invalid_words

signals.868.RFT-RECEIVE: invalid_modulation_properties

• @MrDutchfighter I was thinking about starting also with the itho app. I was looking at this https://github.com/xs4free/Itho-library/

In the c include file there are all the codes that need to be send.  Also there is a join and leave function. 
    So yes,  each remote has a code (don't know how many combinations there can be) but in the repo above there are codes included from 2 different remotes. 

Also here's some useful info http://www.progz.nl/blog/index.php/2015/01/reverse-engineering-remote-itho-cve-eco-rft-part-3/

Perhaps we can work together on this.  No use to both try to figure out everything. 
  • @MennoVanGrinsven cool! Added EOF and SOF values according to values seen in the xs4free library. App is now compiling and running again... but still no remote signal visible when running the app.

• @MrDutchfighter are you in the athom slack? If not please do. I had a chat with athom about this and we can get some help there if we need to. 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    edited August 2016
    If it's works i make a donation. And i think others will do too
  • Hi All,

i am currently looking for a replacement of the ventilation system @home. The Itho is one of my options. A Homey app would be very appreciated!
  • Itho also in my home, at least above the stove (need to doublecheck the central system). Would love if it were possible to turn it on and off with Homey.
  • p0nts said:
    got a Buva Vital Air System and would like to control this as well.
    I've got also a Buva Vital Air System. I know it's working with 848Mhz controller. But I've no idea how to sniff the signal so I can create an app for the Buva.
    @jeroenvollenbrock Do you know if there the Homey can be set to capture all signals, like WireShark does for network packets?
  • I also own a Buva Vital Air System. (as i have read its the same or at least working with Stork). I do not have the tools to capture and work on 868 Mhz. I am willing to invest time in this but i don't know where to start. I have 2 remotes and a central unit to control the vent. I am able to lend the remote to someone with the expertise and knowledge.

• CassieCassie Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi. Did you allready looked into https://github.com/Klusjesman/IthoEcoFanRFT ? I found it in the comments of the blogpost by Progz.nl

edit: the most recent sourcecode should be https://github.com/supersjimmie/IthoEcoFanRFT

• @Cassie, I don't have the arduino version of Homey, their where soled out on my moment of order.
  • SkorpionSkorpion Member
    edited September 2016
    BasPost said:
    I just received my Qubino 0-10v dimmer. To be sure, on the Qubino I connect the + to the 12v port on the Comfofan and - to the Gnd. Then I connect the A0 to the 0-10v port on the Comfofan and the - next to A0 also to Gnd on the Comfofan right?
  • Yes, that's correct!