This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Geeks, which app or drivers are being developed?

which app, drivers and or api support are the geeks developing?

Would be great to see what the Geek owners are building based on the devkit :)

Comments

• MoekMoek Member

Bump
    Very curious as well.

• My guess is that there still trying different things to get the hang of it.

And things are still subject to change.

• I'm trying to create a webpage to controll everything from the view of a map from my house (see this link for a preview).
    Next will be reading my Remeha Calenta through my Arduino to Homey.
    And hopefully I can someday get my focus on the Harman Kardon Omni series. They have a Android and iOS API released but I don't know if I can use one of these to connect Homey, therefor I don't have enough experience with API's, Andoid and Homey :-s

• Sounds awesome @PeterGroeneweg! Link for preview doesn't work, but I'm wishing good luck on everything!

• RobinVanKekem said:
    My guess is that there still trying different things to get the hang of it.

What do you mean?

Geeks are still trying to figure out how everything's working and homeys code is still changing?

Or?

• MoekMoek Member

@PeterGroeneweg , a webpage would be very cool. We have a couple of ipads for controlling homeseer at the moment and would really like to use them with homey as soon as we ditch homeseer.

• Controlling homey by a map would be awesome!
    It would also be great if homeys webinterface has an option to lock it for a certain device to a specific floor.
    For example if I mount a tablet on the wall on the first floor, I default want to see the first floor device on that tablet.

Maybe this is possible by creating a shortcut option in the interface?

• MarcoF said:

RobinVanKekem said:
    My guess is that there still trying different things to get the hang of it.

What do you mean?

Geeks are still trying to figure out how everything's working and homeys code is still changing?

Or?

Yup

• I created an "app" that lets you ask info about movies. It uses the website www.omdbapi.com for the information.
    Some examples:

Q;"Hey homey, who was the actor in the movie hitman?"
    A;"The actors are Timothy Olyphant, Dougray Scott, Olga Kurylenko, Robert Knepper."

Q;"Hey Homey, how old is the movie top gun and what is the plot and is it any good?"
    A;"The movie was created in 1986, -tells the plot of the movie- and the imdb rating is 6.8"

This was created in a couple of hours (incl. reading the developers.athom.com documentation). The only difficult part was getting the variable (movie name) out of the question, the coding and testing is super easy with the provided devkit.

Since yesterday afternoon i am unable to send the "speech" to homey cloud. So for now i will let it hang until i have the real hardware to test further and create more things.

• @BramSloot Wow! That sounds fantastic!!! As a movie lover I'm sure I'll love using it, hope you plan to put it in the app store!!!

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Awesome @BramSloot! Really cool to see that it's so easy to develop for Homey. :) :)

Posting speech should work again! I just published a new version.

• Ok, hope this link works better.

Emile also wanted to create a simple map view in their page but I don't know the status of that project :)

• @PeterGroeneweg That link is working!

Nice work!

• I'm still waiting for the virtual homies. However, when i get them i will do a Radio program which allows one to say. Hey homey start the radio.

• @AndersLarsen Sounds cool! Will it play online radio from some website? Which sites? Or will it use the IR to beam an a command to a HiFi?

• MoekMoek Member

+1 for radio!
    Cool!

• @AndersLarsen, does that include Spotify? :P

• @PeterGroeneweg and @Tommyjay it will be a simple little app that will only be able to play the BBC radio stations because that is what i'm listening to :) It was just ment to be a little personal app for me.

However, if there is a demand for it i could make it more extensive.

• @AndersLarsen said:

However, if there is a demand for it i could make it more extensive.

Even though I probably won't listen to BBC, I'll be sure to check it out, and hope there is demand for it! I could imagine that that would be a popular app "Hey Homey, tune in to the radio" or "Hey Homey, tune into Power 106!"

• Well, +1 for spotify (A)

• MoekMoek Member

I would love to start dutch radio stations by voice comands.

• PeterGroeneweg said:
    Well, +1 for spotify (A)

Spotify is an standard app and if I understand it right it should be possible to search/request certain numbers, artists or playlists.

• I'm creating an app where you can trigger any event, that is already supported by Homey, depending on the position of the International Space Station. So you could do something like:
    When the ISS is above me and visible, turn the lights off, open the curtains, turn off the music and tell me to look outside.

• Working on CouchPotato (https://couchpota.to/) integration. "Hey Homey, Download Avengers in HD"

• Wow, that's nice! :-)

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Awesomee!

• RuudBurger said:
    Working on CouchPotato (https://couchpota.to/) integration. "Hey Homey, Download Avengers in HD"

WOW! Ruud is here! You're awesome! And so is CouchPotato, using it for 4 years now flawlessly!

• I'm building a countdown app to the Homey shipping date. I'm currently at version 12.3 :-p

• That's awesome, Ruud! Really looking forward to having the Homey at home!

• Anyone working on a Kodi app? I have seen messages about integration with a Plex library but I don't currently use this in my setup (which is a NAS that holds all the media and a shared MySQL database for the library so all my Kodi) devices are in sync.

It would be great to be able to tell Homey what to watch as seen in the demo video which then fires up Kodi to as the client media center.

This discussion has been closed.