This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Setup mobile

I tried the push notification but this does not work, because I cannot find where to put my mobile number.

Can anyone support me?

Comments

• You have to install the Homey App. no need for your mobile number. 
    although it it is no yet finished, try for yourself whats working...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You should install the app on your phone, if you logged in on your phone the app is registered. It has nothing to do with your number...
  • It will do it though a Homey app on your phone,  I think the android App is working but it is not pushing to Apple. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    That's true, either that part isn't finished yet or apple didn't approve it yet.
  • SdRSdR
    edited May 2016
    Aha... Ok but why is it asking for a phonenumber then?
  • I thought you said you cannot find where to put your phone number?
  • Correct, but it does not accept the number so I thought it needs to be registred first. Otherwise I can fill in any number
  • SdR said:
    Correct, but it does not accept the number so I thought it needs to be registred first. Otherwise I can fill in any number
    Homey is not asking for a phone number. When you try to send a notification from a flow, the card does have an input field, but as soon as you click on it, and you have phones that support push notifications (currently Android only, but we hope to bring it to iOS as well) they will show up as autocomplete options. Perhaps that was causing the confusion; that input field is not meant for phone numbers, but for phone names ;)
  • Aha, thank for the explanation. Couldnt understand it because everytime I tried to test it it shows an ! as an error.
  • Tried it now with an Android phone but I still receive the ! when running the test and not receiving a message on my phone.
    anyone having the same issue and not receiving message from homey on their phone?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    What is your flow?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited June 2016
    Just noticed that when testing the timecards have to be in the current time-slot.
    It's 07.30 now. When testing "later then 08.00 and earlier then 23.00" this doesn't work (red cross) but when testing "later then 07.00 and earlier then 23.00" this works.

Beware though: buienradar still has some flaws... The new app is almost done according to Athom.

• Yes but this is not Buienradar I think, im now testing it within the time range and I still get the red !

• You see...
  • What's the message behind the red sign?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Must be something else then indeed, this works for me. 0.8.36 and the newest version of the android-app?
  • What's the message behind the red sign?

[object Object]