This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Weather Underground unofficial Homey app (v1.0.3)

Comments

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi, is it possible to make a flow that has an action from de WU-app, without that it is be triggered bij the WU-app?

Examples:
    - When kaku-button is pushed -> Then WU-app say temperature and windspeed.
    or
    - When time is 14:00u -> And WU-app temperature is >30c -> Then WU-app say temperature.
    Yes, already on my todo list as Menno already suggested this  :)
    First I need to get a grip on the number of crashes. After that I'll be adding features slowly
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi, is it possible to make a flow that has an action from de WU-app, without that it is be triggered bij the WU-app?

Examples:
    - When kaku-button is pushed -> Then WU-app say temperature and windspeed.

I use this with this link.
    So it is possible, if thats what u mean
  • Version 0.1.0 has been uploaded for approval.

* Units in Insights fixed (needs an reset by changing units in app settings)
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes, already on my todo list as Menno already suggested this 
    First I need to get a grip on the number of crashes. After that I'll be adding features slowly
    Somewhere earlier in this thread you mentioned you can already manually create a flow that reads out temperature or forecast until this feature becomes available. What would be the best approach for this, use the http app and query the wunderground api directly?
  • That wasn't me who said that  :)
    But if you use the built-in variables you should be able to use them in a flow.
    There is a post somewhere in this thread.
  • Am using this post for that, works like a charm.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/19065/#Comment_19065
  • I will create voice output some day  :)
  • Phuturist said:
    Somewhere earlier in this thread you mentioned you can already manually create a flow that reads out temperature or forecast until this feature becomes available. What would be the best approach for this, use the http app and query the wunderground api directly?
    Found it!

The trick is to use non-Better-Logic-variables to contain the weather information, those you can say:

The time is {{$homeyTime[]}}. The current weather is {{$homeyCurrentWeather}}, later it will be {{$homeyWeather}}. The temperature outside is {{$homeyTemperature}} degrees, which feels like {{$homeyTempFeel}}. Wind comes from the {{$homeyWindDir}} at {{$homeyWindKph}} kilometers per hour.

Somewhere in your flows you'll have to fill these variables.
    After that you can have Homey say the above.
  • Phuturist said:
    Found it!

The trick is to use non-Better-Logic-variables to contain the weather information, those you can say:

The time is {{$homeyTime[]}}. The current weather is {{$homeyCurrentWeather}}, later it will be {{$homeyWeather}}. The temperature outside is {{$homeyTemperature}} degrees, which feels like {{$homeyTempFeel}}. Wind comes from the {{$homeyWindDir}} at {{$homeyWindKph}} kilometers per hour.

Somewhere in your flows you'll have to fill these variables.
    After that you can have Homey say the above.
    Is it possible To post a Screen of this flow?
    I still have problems reading (understanding how) above stated lines (work)

THNX
  • Something like this maybe?
  • What happened to v0.1.0? 
    edited May 2016
    Still not ready.
    I'm out of town for a few days and wasn't able to get v0.1.0 ready in time.
  • Oh okay, no rush - I was just curious :)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited June 2016
    WU has been on 0.0.3 on Github, was this pushed to app-store too?
  • No, not yet.
    Have been very busy with other things in life and been away for awhile.
    Will pick this up soon.
    Had a crash running v0.1.0 (v0.0.3 will not be published) so will need to invest some more time to make it bullet proof 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Let me know if I can help... As for crashes, didn't experience any on 0.0.3 for a while...
    edited June 2016
    Let me know if I can help... As for crashes, didn't experience any on 0.0.3 for a while...
    OK, nice.
    Hope to continue real soon and publish asap.
  • v0.1.0 is pending approval
    edited June 2016
    Anyone willing to test the Github version (v0.1.0) on 0.8.32 (current stable release) for me?
  • Anyone willing to test the Github version (v0.1.0) on 0.8.32 (current stable release) for me?
    0.1.0 is in the app store published! running on latest experimental, I will let you now if it is stable
    edited June 2016
    Already received some crash reports which I've already fixed in v0.2.0 
    I'm also running latest beta (0.8.36) but need someone to test 0.8.32 since some functions aren't available in that version and would like to know if it is working out.
  • Installed it on .32. Any specific things u wanna test?
  • If it doesn't crash, lol  :D
  • On 0.8.36 with 0.1.0 of the WU app, I barely get any data in Insights - only when I click the test button in the settings page. I'm using a dev key and have it set to 1 update every 20 mins, so I should see plenty. How do I find out what's wrong?

Also, units are still Imperial, even after switching to Auto and then to Metric. 

On the previous firmware with 0.0.2 I had oceans of data :smile: 

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited June 2016
    How did you set your location in Homey and in WU? Automatically?
  • Far from it, with a fancy pws:SOMEWHERE32 code! 

Pressing the test button gets good results and usually (but not always) results in a data point on the graph. So does disabling and re-enabling the app, but it doesn't continue for long.

I use the same WU key in a couple of HTTP GET cards to get weather data in variables, those work just fine.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    strange, working perfectly for me updating every 10 minutes... on 0.8.36 and WU 0.1.0.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited June 2016
    Far from it, with a fancy pws:SOMEWHERE32 code! 

Pressing the test button gets good results and usually (but not always) results in a data point on the graph. So does disabling and re-enabling the app, but it doesn't continue for long.

I use the same WU key in a couple of HTTP GET cards to get weather data in variables, those work just fine.
    I see the same where I have a PWS code set as "Country (or station ID)". No data at all since last night 22:30, when the app probably got updated.

[EDIT]
    The test button tells me the app was unable to get my location. I have the Homey location checkbox checked and had location setting to automatically detect which did not seem to work. I have now set it to manual and will have to see if data will come back in insights again.
  • cnvissercnvisser Member
    edited June 2016
    Phuturist said:
    Far from it, with a fancy pws:SOMEWHERE32 code! 

I see the same where I have a PWS code set as "Country (or station ID)". No data at all since last night 22:30, when the app probably got updated.

[EDIT]
    The test button tells me the app was unable to get my location. I have the Homey location checkbox checked and had location setting to automatically detect which did not seem to work. I have now set it to manual and will have to see if data will come back in insights again.
    I've got the same problem 1 entry this morning 08:45 since yesterday evening 20:36.
    Test results are positive every time.
  • @Phuturist @MartijnDeRhoter ;After i changed a setting in the app (nothing special) i restarted the app and now its reporting everything as it should be.
    So i would advise you to restart the app after you change something in the settings of the app.
    Will report Monday if it still works.