This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Lightwave RF/ Siemens App Published

Comments

• it should be set to 0/1
  • AndyWilde said:
    it should be set to 0/1
    OK. Thx.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    HansieNL said:
    AndyWilde said:
    it should be set to 0/1
    OK. Thx.
    If I push the on button when installing the switch is recognized. When testing device during installation no response.
    If I wanna use the switch in a flow not any button is working to trigger the flow. I have only a switch, no other Lightwave RF stuff.
    Any idea what I can do to get it working?
    Homey fw 0.8.35 switch LW101.
  • Let me take a look to see what is the issue
  • I have just tested with the LW101 that I have to pulse the LED ring in a flow.

When set to M mode all buttons are received correctly by the flow

When set to 0/1 mode,  all buttons except "off" not all off are accepted correctly by Homey.   

Please ignore my previous comment about setting to 0/1 and reset to M and try to see if this resolve the issues with the flows.
  • AndyWilde said:
    I have just tested with the LW101 that I have to pulse the LED ring in a flow.

When set to M mode all buttons are received correctly by the flow

When set to 0/1 mode,  all buttons except "off" not all off are accepted correctly by Homey.   

Please ignore my previous comment about setting to 0/1 and reset to M and try to see if this resolve the issues with the flows.
    Thx. Just have set switch to M and everything seems to work ok now. I'm checking till what distance I can use the switch.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    @AndyWilde : I created flows home (on) and away (off). 
    If I try to switch on or off now, no response from Homey. Any suggestion, you're the expert of this  ;) 
  • AndyWildeAndyWilde Member
    edited May 2016
    The image you posted is not showing,  so I am not clear on that.

If it was working before and it's not not I would suggest power cycling your homey.  There was a bug in the firmware that could allow the 433mhz device to hang up.  I have not received any crash reports so I don't think is an app issue.

If you can send me more info on what is working and what is now not working I will try to help

• Thx. The power cycle did it. I'll see how long the switch keeps working.
  • Ok,  let me know if you get further issues,  I think the 433mhz issue is a homey issue as it has s also happening with users of kaku devices too.
  • AndyWilde said:
    Ok,  let me know if you get further issues,  I think the 433mhz issue is a homey issue as it has s also happening with users of kaku devices too.
    I also got ProMax switches from the Action. They kept working. I believe they are also 433 MHz. I know that I have to do a power cycle if it hangs again. I'll keep you informed.
  • Hi, will this work with the Lightwave repeater?
  • I have not tried but it should do as the repeater is only repeating the lightwaverf transmission that it receives.  So the repeater should not be able to tell the difference between the homey or any other lightwaverf command.

i presume that it only repeats standard lightwaverf commands and that it does not modify the signal in anyway.
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited June 2016
    Seems like this is broken in the latest firmware update

Edit: Fixed, needed to yank the plug. The new update seems to improve range and reliability for me!
  • MarkSwift said:
    Seems like this is broken in the latest firmware update

Edit: Fixed, needed to yank the plug. The new update seems to improve range and reliability for me!
    Glad it worked after the reboot,  they must have updated some firmware on the wireless side if it is performing better.

Anyone else experienced improvements?
  • To add some more context, I'm hitting 60 metres (I have a light up the top of my driveway). Works perfect for the first time, and goes through 1 wall which kills wifi...
  • Wow, thats amazing.  Beats the original manufactures equipment then :D
  • PRCPRC Member
    Maybe a silly question but do you still need a Lightwave controller or does the athom replace same, I have been holding off purchase as a new controller has been mention so that Apple HomeKit will work with light waverf.
  • No need for the wifi link from Lightwaverf,  the homey completely replaces it.
  • PRCPRC Member
    Andy, thank you. PRC
  • It seems the app crashes on 0.9.1 released today :(
  • Yes,  I am aware that the new release crashes the app.  Unfortunately however I am away for the time being,  as soon as I get back I will look into this.
  • AndyWilde said:
    Yes,  I am aware that the new release crashes the app.  Unfortunately however I am away for the time being,  as soon as I get back I will look into this.
    Thanks Andy!
  • edited July 2016
    If you know how to use the athom cli, you could help Andy (and yourself) by testing if my pullrequest fixes the app (i dont own lightwaverf devices). https://github.com/jeroenvollenbrock/com.lightwaverf
  • I'll give it a shot

• Update @JeroenVollenbrock, it works!
  • If you know how to use the athom cli, you could help Andy (and yourself) by testing if my pullrequest fixes the app (i dont own lightwaverf devices). https://github.com/jeroenvollenbrock/com.lightwaverf
    But this will prevent people with a firmware below 0.9 to use the app.
    Or is 0.9.1 a good candidate to be promoted to stable real soon?
    Trying to think how to update my own app  o:)
  • New version of the app has been submitted for approval,  
  • edited July 2016
    But this will prevent people with a firmware below 0.9 to use the app.
    Homey installs the latest compatible version. Releasing a >=0.9 update will create an update for everyone with 0.9 or higher and does not do anything for older Homeys. Since there are breaking API changes, that's exactly what we want
  • A big thanks to Jeroen who has helped update that app and this is now updated for use with firmware 0.9