This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

trouble setting up Homey

Hi guys  I'm having a little trouble setting up homey
 and need assistance 

I ran through the setup process and was having trouble getting Homey to update.  after about the 20th attempt over two days the software successfully updated. (I was getting a bad checksum error) I accepted the terms and conditions, but I couldn't get through the athom account step. I tried creating a new account and using an existing, but for both I got a 404 not found error.

I assumed the website had disconnected me and tried to restart the process. Unfortunately now Homey starts and goes through the boot up process and into a red ring state. I tried holding it upside down, but it won't reset

Any suggestion? I'm eager to start playing with  it but no joy yet

Comments

• In case of a red ring always e-mail support@athom.com
  • Tnx.
    In case of a red ring always e-mail support@athom.com
    I did Tnx. Was hoping it was something simple  
  • Tnx.
    In case of a red ring always e-mail support@athom.com
    I did Tnx. Was hoping it was something simple  
    I think it isn't difficult  but it depends on the state of Homey  and they need to know what has happened to improve  firmware and recovery process.
    You probably need a Mac  or Raspberry Pi, but maybe they already developed an other way to debrick.
  • WebsterWebster Member
    Mine is on its way to athom with a RMA form also lot of problems with setup could restore it with help from support

hopefully the new one is going to work
  • Hi guys. Just an update. I got reset instructions from Stefan and manage to get the recovery file running with a raspberry pi. 

Its been going a while and while the purple light ring is nice to look at, does anyone know how long it takes? It looks like it start running software. Then stops and restarts and has been going for a while? Or is it just slow with the recovery hardware ( raspberry pi) I'm using? 

How will I know it's done?
  • PeterFaganPeterFagan Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi guys  while I'm not sure if homey reset successfully  it does seem to be out of brick mode 

I have it plugged back into the wall charger. Homey will boot with the orange ring but after a long time it will turn red again. However if I turn on the power, and turn homey upside down it turns red and then purple. So it seems to be doing something. Is there anyway to get homey to start the setup process from the beginning again as I am not picking up the homey setup WiFi and it's just stays purple.

• Do the recovery proces again with the Raspberry PI

it wasn.t succesfull

look closely to all the things you see on the screen

if all goes well

it will speak to you to go to setup.athom.com
  • Webster said:
    Do the recovery proces again with the Raspberry PI

it wasn.t succesfull

look closely to all the things you see on the screen

if all goes well

it will speak to you to go to setup.athom.com
    Cool thanks. Have started downloading the files again
  • @PeterFagan

Any luck getting the Homey to work again ?
  • i'm in the same situation, boot homey, orange led ring, and then red ring stable, i wrote to athom
  • Hi Guys

I have been waiting on Athom to release their windows based reset software, but no luck yet.