This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Set up "Turn on the lights" command

I hope its not only me, but i think it is quite annoying that all the light turn on when i say turn on the lights.

When i say turn on the light when i come home at night all the lights turn on. Also the one in the bedroom where my girlfriend sleeps. I can tell you, it is not good for the w.a.f.

Also the philips hue lights turn on to the last setting.

I am not asking for complex detection of where i am, the time and what not. All i would like is a settings page where you can set a default value for the lights. So a checkbox if the light should respond the the general command at all, default dim level, default color.

With this you get a default value when you yell "turn on the lights" and when you want something special else you can use a flow.

Comments

• YamahaaYamahaa Member
    Agree
  • This would be helpful.

No I got a workaround in place.
    All the lights that are not supposed to get on (all kaku switches) are just added as switches.
  • I hope its not only me, but i think it is quite annoying that all the light turn on when i say turn on the lights.

When i say turn on the light when i come home at night all the lights turn on. Also the one in the bedroom where my girlfriend sleeps. I can tell you, it is not good for the w.a.f.

Also the philips hue lights turn on to the last setting.

I am not asking for complex detection of where i am, the time and what not. All i would like is a settings page where you can set a default value for the lights. So a checkbox if the light should respond the the general command at all, default dim level, default color.

With this you get a default value when you yell "turn on the lights" and when you want something special else you can use a flow.

You do realise you can just add a zone to your command? For example: "Turn the lights on in the living room" works perfectly fine if you have a zone called 'living room' ;) This would probably at least partly solve your problem.
  • It took me ages to realize there was a built-in command for that, since I created a flow that responded to "lights on". When I added a KAKU switch as a light I was wondering why it was turning on even though it wasn't part of my flow :)
  • FranqFranq Member
    Is there is a list of build in commands? 
  • I know there is a room selection in there, which i also use. Still when i say "turn on the lights in the livingroom" Philips hue stays on a "older" color. 

The most important reason for me is that if i come home late and i forget to say livingroom (or homey doesn't hear livingroom) my girlfriend is upright in the bed and a bit later homey in 100 pieces. So only exclusion from the general commands very important for my w.a.f.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited June 2016
    I know there is a room selection in there, which i also use. Still when i say "turn on the lights in the livingroom" Philips hue stays on a "older" color. 

The most important reason for me is that if i come home late and i forget to say livingroom (or homey doesn't hear livingroom) my girlfriend is upright in the bed and a bit later homey in 100 pieces. So only exclusion from the general commands very important for my w.a.f.
    Maybe you can make a flow with the light you want to on. I got a flow: "ik ben weer thuis". You can set the lights and color you like.
This discussion has been closed.