This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Cannot even connect to HomeySetup

I bought a working Homey from somebody. 
We have reset the device by turning it upside down. Reset procedure seems to have worked. It tells me to go to setup.homey.com. Dis that but after that I am stuck already. I find the HomeySetup but cannot connect to it. Tried macbook, ipad, iphone. None of them can connect. 

:(

Comments

• Yes. Step 2.2 fails already. I cannot connect.
  • Homey is glowing on an off in orange after the reset. Possibly waiting for the next step.
  • I did got a connection once but it seems to be half working. I got an ip address from homey I think, namely 10.199.198.14 subnet 255.255.255.0 but in the top left corner of ipad no wifi signal..Just my 3G connection. Yes wifi is on obviously.
  • you have to take the time , i also have done a few full rests with upside down procedure. but it takes sometimes half an hour before homey reacts on it own wifi network "homeysetup"'. 
  • For the first time setup try a normal PC with Windows or a Mac with chrome as browser. That's for the best/ easiest experience. 
  • I did a full reset again and some how I am connected now...did nothing different...already was using Mac + Chrome but somehow it works now and I have set it up. Problem resolved.