This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Q: how to

Got a qeustion (maybe it is already ansewerd here) but its getting kinda big to search. 

Got the following flow:
 - when i say "Good night" homey activtivates certain activities: turning light down, tv and so on.

What I would like to do is: when the light in the hall way goes on, because i'm showering, i would like to go of in 30 minutes. How is this possible?

So: some lights off and some on for 30 minutes.

Comments

• U should try the countdown app
  • I have that one but I dont understand how it works.

In the settings I make a flow to choose but it stays on 1 second. Even when I change it. 
  • Do I have tp create another flow for it?

Off topic: I really like homey but its getting easliy to complicated for a "normal" user. And I dont consider myself a normal user and I have already problems with it, to understand how things are working. 
  • you can set the timers in the flows to minutes , so make a flow turn on the light and than a flow turn of the light (now set the timer function to 30 minutes)

• haha, thats looks so easy I cant blame myself to overlooked it :)

Big Thanks!
  • JulianJulian Member
    edited May 2016
    You do not have to make a separate flow for that, just add in the flow a second card for the same light, set it to turn off with the timer set at 30 minutes.

But perhaps that is what is already meant here.
  • JanHJanH Member

@Mister.Green Far from being an "expert" I made some flows that work! Maybe, according to your question, this example could help you creating solutions.

• Thank you for the screenshots. I think I get the idea now :)