This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• @Eternity Yes that's the button. Thanks for testing it!
  • @Eternity Yes that's the button. Thanks for testing it!
    Nee, helaas. De Generic Alarm blijft actief. Verder werken ze eigenlijk prima...
    (in het 'data' veld heb ik het volgende staan: 5,1,2;111,4,300;201,1,217;202,1,9)
  • To bad :( Can you try to set 5,1,2 through a flow as described here (and after that press the Action Button): https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22071/#Comment_22071

Btw, do you run it on batteries or USB?

• To bad :( Can you try to set 5,1,2 through a flow as described here (and after that press the Action Button): https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22071/#Comment_22071

Did that. Will see what happens.
    I have them usb powered.
  • Chris101Chris101 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello all, very nice ''how to'.. thanks!!! Quick question, i have my Aeotec multisensor working but experience a terrible range issue... 5 or 6 mtr as max range.. Is that a know issue or am i doing something wrong? I have used the set up settings as shown in the 'How-To'.. 

Battery powered!

Edit: For my Fibaro Sensor the same issue...
  • Eternity said:

To bad :( Can you try to set 5,1,2 through a flow as described here (and after that press the Action Button): https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22071/#Comment_22071

Did that. Will see what happens.
    I have them usb powered.

No, still generic alarm.

• @eternity Is the sensor added secure or non-secure?
    Can you post a screenshot of the settings page?
  • Eh, perhaps because it'sFriday.... but I can't get a simple flow to work...

I would like to switch a hallway light on when the motion sensor is triggered *and* the Lux is less than a given value. Homey allows only one trigger in the 'if' section, and I am unable to drag the second constraint in the "and" section...

It must be dead simple, right....!?!?
  • casedacaseda Member
    Try to use variables, with the better logic app you can use this card then in the [AND] section

lux.jpg 23.5K
  • Thanks caseda. Will try the variables!

BTW, I have 3 multisensors... how do i pick the right lux value.
    I probably have to define a variable "lux from sensor 1" ...

Will have a go at it.

Thanks again!
  • Mmm, can't get it to work.

I installed Better Logic and created a variables. But I need some help creating the actual flow... 
    What I am trying to create is:

If (motion=triggered) and (Lux<250) => switch light on for 3 minutes

If someone can help me getting this to work, I will hopefully be able to make more use of my sensors (humidity, light, motion, temperature). The real fun can than start :-)

Thanks!!

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    It's not that hard..
    "Lux variable" needs to be a number variable
    Flow 1:

Flow 2:

• Ah....two flows !!!!

Thanks caseda :-)

New hurdle:

- BetterLogic and Countdown still not saving their settings. Not in 'install' mode nor in 'run' mode.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited May 2016
  • @eternity Is the sensor added secure or non-secure?
    Can you post a screenshot of the settings page?
    Sorry DaneeDeKruyff, I overlooked your question...

I have added the sensor in a non-secure way. Here is the screen shot:

• MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited June 2016
    It seems mine refuses to activate the motion sensor, perhaps it's faulty

I also only see the tamper device in insights :(
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited June 2016

I Also dont have motion anymore, started at .35

Will try to delete and readd tomorrow

edited June 2016
    I have two Aeotec Multisensors and  - as the generic alarm was always activated - I tried to re-do the "manually send 5,1,2 via-a-flow" trick to see if things have changed after the latest firmware updates.

The good news: generic alarm is OFF !!!

The bad news; tamper alarm is ON 24/7.

I disconnected the USB power cord of the two sensors and left them overnight. Oddly enough, they both still show up in Homey (no batteries in these sensors,...perhaps a capacitor???) but the alarms are still blinking in Homey.

What to do next? Remove the nodes from Homey and reinstall them?
  • The fact that the status in Homey did not change when you removed the sensors doesn't surprise me, Homey will only change the status when a new status is received from the Sensor.

I'd say remove all nodes and reset z-wave to start all over (depending on how many z-wave devices you have off course)

edited June 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;;
    Thanks for your reply!

I have connected the power to both again. They seem to work correctly (all sensors work and all alarms too), it is just that the tamper alarm is blinking non-stop.

So, Homey is seeing the sensor, getting the info correctly, but Aeotec does not switch off the tamper alarm.

I am sure a remove and reinclude will work, I was hoping to avoid this (flows will be effected too, right?)
    edited June 2016
    Bas,

I have these settings:

And did the flow activated trick to set 5,1,2 and pressed the action button on the sensors.

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't have the aeotec but:
    5,1,2 -> binary report
    111,4,300 -> should be 111,1,240 I think?

I would refrain from other settings first and see if it works with only these settings... After that you can add offsets like in 201 and 202.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited June 2016
    111,4,xxx can be anything you like (on usb power) the 201 and 202 are corrections because of the usb power and do nothing for the tamper alarm.
    If the tamper alarm is not reset after it's triggered (agitate the sensor and then leave it be) I don't think you can fix it with settings. It's either faulty or somehow the tamper (off) message is not received by homey or not processed right, that's why I suggested a reset and adding the device again.
  • 111,4,xxx can be anything you like (on usb power) the 201 and 202 are corrections because of the usb power and do nothing for the tamper alarm.
    If the tamper alarm is not reset after it's triggered (agitate the sensor and then leave it be) I don't think you can fix it with settings. It's either faulty or somehow the tamper (off) message is not received by homey or not processed right, that's why I suggested a reset and adding the device again.
    Thanks DaneeDeKruyff.

I will re-add them tomorrow.
    edited June 2016
    Re added the two sensors. Now I have  new issue...haha. One sensor shows all 6 values, the other doesn't show generic alarm / movement.

Is this Homey or Aeotec?

<<<  PROBABLY SOLVED: I MUST HAVE ADDED ONE SECURE  >>>

• Finally managed to add two of these sensors succesfully. Part of the problem was hardware related; the action button on one of the sensor didn't work properly; pressing it didn't always have a result. In the end I opened the back and pressed the button directly with a paperclip. 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    can i ask a genreral question? what is the difference between generic and motion alarm?
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited June 2016

@Eternity good news, glad you found the problem.

@phils_s The motion alarm is only active during the detection of motion, when te motion stops the motion alarm is set to false. The generic alarm starts when a  motion is detected and stays x seconds active after the last motion is detected, a built-in countdown timer.
    Usefull in a hallway for example, if you pass through it a couple of times in a short period your light will stay on instead off going on and off in the same frequency you pass the hallway.

• phil_sphil_s Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff thank you very much for your explanation!