This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

push-button

bvdbosbvdbos Member
edited May 2016 in Archive
Would it be hard to make a virtual device consisting of a push-button which we can use for starting flows? We could create all different kind of buttons with different colours and texts? Can we list the flows in a pull-down and start a flow through the api (like starting the test-flow) ?

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Would it be hard to make a virtual device consisting of a push-button which we can use for starting flows? We could create all different kind of buttons with different colours and texts? Can we list the flows in a pull-down and start a flow through the api (like starting the test-flow) ?
    Just some thoughts...
  • With Better Logic you can add a 'bitflip' device for boolean variables. You can use this to trigger flows.
    The possibilities for device options are limited at the moment, so the fancy colored stuff is not going to happen in the next months I guess.
  • KoenMartensKoenMartens Member
    edited May 2016
    With Better Logic you can add a 'bitflip' device for boolean variables. You can use this to trigger flows.
    The possibilities for device options are limited at the moment, so the fancy colored stuff is not going to happen in the next months I guess.
    While this is true, I think the reason @BasVanDenBosch requests this is so that it can be integrated with, for example, the android app and the webportal, to have an easily accessible button to switch some state.
    This would of course be better once the android app contains widgets for your android's homescreen.

I will actually look into this myself to see if I can create an app like this, if it would work just like written above, I would actually really like it myself (the ability to have a widget in the future on the homepage of your android device to start a Kodi playlist, turn on the receiver and the TV would be quite nice IMO, and I don't think it will be possible without dummy devices).
    The more I think about it, the better it would be useable. I can get a generic device that you can use in flows if it is switched on or off, but I can also make a plethora of devices to choose from, that only differ in the logo/image they have, making this 'colour-scheme' (although it will be more like a set of icons, as colors is something Homey doesn't do), a viable option.
  • I created my own website with a plan of my house and added buttons to control lights via the webpage. So if you're looking for something like this, it is possible.
  • With Better Logic you can add a 'bitflip' device for boolean variables. You can use this to trigger flows.
    While this is true, I think the reason @BasVanDenBosch requests this is so that it can be integrated with, for example, the android app and the webportal, to have an easily accessible button to switch some state.
    This would of course be better once the android app contains widgets for your android's homescreen.

This is also already possible on Android. I have some buttons on my Home screen that trigger flows within Homey.

See https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/13981/#Comment_13981.
  • Phuturist said:
    With Better Logic you can add a 'bitflip' device for boolean variables. You can use this to trigger flows.

This is also already possible on Android. I have some buttons on my Home screen that trigger flows within Homey.

See https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/13981/#Comment_13981.
    Yep I know, but not for people who don't have tasker, and/or want to have it integrated in the Homey app alone.
  • A floorplan-like page, with sensor information and buttons would be cool too.. ( https://forum.athom.com/discussion/256/gui-map/p1
  • JulianJulian Member
    edited May 2016
    This is how I solved this issue. I wanted to have a button in the iOS app to start a flow (or better said flip a Better Logic boolean) but that is not yet supported. Bear with me, this is what I did, looks hard but is quite easy. 

- Added a -virtual- KAKU on/of socket (which I do not have). When adding it, it asks to copy a signal from a remote. 
    - The KAKU remote, that I have, I press after selecting channel 4 (will never use that channel) one of the buttons and the wall socket is added. 
    - I name the wall socket for the flow I want to start when selecting it (in my case 'Living room lights on/off)
    - Then I make a flow that when the wall socket is eg turned on a flow starts, et presto! 

Of course the limitation is in the number of times one can add a virtual wall socket depending on the KAKU remote free buttons. But for me it works fine.

PS I also made a new 'room' in my house called 'scenes' as the first room when navigating the app and put those buttons there so one can easily select them. 
  • glijieglijie Member
    It is also possible to make a virtual button to activate a flow without using a KAKU remote. Just add the socket and generate a new signal.  Then you have your virtual button which you can Use to activate a Flow. No need for using better logic.
This discussion has been closed.