This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• @Jerryvdv can you post the parameter you set, including a description (for future reference)
  • I have configured variable 111 as follows:
    111,4,300 - this leads to a update of luminance every 5 minutes.

Also I have had enabled the selective reporting with:
    40,1,1 (to enable this reporting) and
    43,2,25 which sends a report if the difference in lux is >25.
    This turned out to be an overkill so I disabled it again.

@ericjanvanputten: once every 5 mins, works great.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited May 2016
    @Jerryvdv thanks for posting your settings. I wonder, how is your sensor powered?
    I'm testing with 111,4,300 now but get no report on a battery powered sensor, will also test it on a USB powered sensor to see if that works. If I read the engineering sheet correctly the interval for a battery powered sensor only varies from 1 to 2 hours, and a shorter interval should be set by using the Wake Up Interval set CC.

Edit: Yes, it does work for me on the USB powered sensor.

• Edit: Yes, it does work for me on the USB powered sensor.
    Nice find, I am indeed only on USB powered devices. 
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    edited May 2016
    I just bought a Aeotec 6 multisensor but when i add it i dont see the temp, humidity and lumen
    is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ?
  • Does it show on the sensor in the devices page and not in Insights? Them you will have to wait until data is sent to your homey.

•  said:
    I just bought a Aeotec 6 multisensor but when i add it i dont see the temp, humidity and 
    is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ?
    There is a scrollbar, the items you're referring are outside of the (way too small) visible area. At least, it is on my Android tablet. The interface still needs a lot of work imho...
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    edited May 2016
    its showing under insights but not under devices

i don't see a scrollbar, unfortunatly i can't see any devices on my android or iOS or mobile browsers, only chrome on my mac is working

edit .. found the scroll bar thanks!
  • Ok, that's very strange.

What's Homey's firmware version?
    How did you include the sensor ?(secure or non-secure)
    Did you change any parameters?
    Does it report data in insights?

• @markmg the screenshot you added is the device status card, not insights..markmg said:

i don't see a scrollbar, unfortunatly i can't see any devices on my android or iOS or mobile browsers, only chrome on my mac is working

• markmgmarkmg Member
    @markmg the screenshot you added is the device status card, not insights..markmg said:

Correct it was from the device status i could not see temp, lux and humidity, insights i could see

Thanks to rob_houwling i found the scrolbar and i can see everything
    problem fixed :)
  • Thanks for the guide; it helped me to add two sensors to my Homey (keeping my third paired with my Domoticz  controller).

Both have the 'generic alarm' triggered 24/7. All other sensors work perfectly. Is this 'normal'?
    I am on the firmware 0.8.32
  • @Eternity did you set option 5,1,2 and press the Action Button afterwards?
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited May 2016
    After doing a reset and full wipe on 0.8.35 I no longer get the Generic Alarm to show up in Insights and on the devices it stays activated all the time. (Either secure and non-secure)
    Is anyone else seeing this too?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    i left the zwave platform on homey. Domoticz rules the zwave world .. Complete rewrite.... guess it will take until chrismas before it gets somewhere on Homey
  • rob_houwelingrob_houweling Member
    edited May 2016
    @mruiter ;
    1. It's a beta product so this was to be expected
    2. Send an email to Athom to complain
    3. What are you trying to achieve with these kinds of posts? Not really constructive criticism right?
  •  So, we're starting this again, great! Thanks for pointing that out @rob_houweling :(

• I'm getting sick and tired of people only complaining and not giving any constructive comments on this forum. Shape up or ship out...
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    sorry for the newb question cant find the awner so quick

what is the generic alarm for? where can i use it in?
  • The Generic Alarm is activated at a movement and stays active for a certain period (default 4 minutes) of no movement.
  • After doing a reset and full wipe on 0.8.35 I no longer get the Generic Alarm to show up in Insights and on the devices it stays activated all the time. (Either secure and non-secure)
    Is anyone else seeing this too?

Done some more testing, decided to try setting settings with a flow as 0.8.34 required and that worked for option 5,1,2!

So, long story short:

After adding the Multisensor I added these options: 5,1,2;111,4,300;201,1,217;202,1,9 saved them to homey and pressed the Action Button on the device to get the settings saved to the device.

1: 5,1,2 Send Binary report
    2: 111,4,300 Send a frame every 300 seconds
    3: 201,1,217 Lower reported temperature by 3,8 degree (255-3.8x10 =217)
    4: 202,1,9 Raise reported humidity by 9% RH

The first setting never showed a result.
    The settings 2,3,4 worked immediatly.

Save setting 5,1,2 via a flow and pressed the Action Button, waited 5 minutes, triggered the movement alarm and waited another 5 minutes: the Generic Alarm showed up in Insights and was off at the devicecard.

After that the Generic Alarm works as expected.

The above procedure was reproducable on 4 devices.

@Taco Do you need any more info to look into this

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;
    Yeah I've seen it before (on other controller forums) that the sensor needs to be put in binary instead of basic command set to get it working properly.
    You needed to put it in binary before with homey, before the command class "Sensor Multilevel" was implemented to get any alarm.

Maybe in Z-Wave+ "generic alarm" is binary
    and the other alarms (motion and tamper) are (also) non-binary.

I've seen the same with my smoke alarm (also Z-Wave+) that have the Generic Alarm always on.
    But you can't put these in binary so I can't test it further.
  • @Caseda The Generic Alarm didn't show up regardless of having 5,1,2 in the settings, the problem is that it only saves to the sensor when it is saved in a flow, on the device card it simply doesn't work. Kinda like it was with multi byte settings on 0.8.32. The strange thing is however that the other 3 settings did work form the device card.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm getting sick and tired of people only complaining and not giving any constructive comments on this forum. Shape up or ship out...
    You mean like the post you made .... ? Bye bye Robje go with the ship :)
  • Wow, some people... To get this back on topic, sorry for the off topic crap; my sensor's generic alarm kept going off but with the new FW and changing the settings it was off after a while (it really took a while). Pressing the button didn't help though, just patience did...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member

@Caseda The Generic Alarm didn't show up regardless of having 5,1,2 in the settings, the problem is that it only saves to the sensor when it is saved in a flow, on the device card it simply doesn't work. Kinda like it was with multi byte settings on 0.8.32. The strange thing is however that the other 3 settings did work form the device card.

Did you try changing the order of the settings? So first set 111,4,300 and then set 5,1,2 in the settings (not through a flow):
    1: 111,4,300 Send a frame every 300 seconds
    2: 5,1,2 Send Binary report
    3: 201,1,217 Lower reported temperature by 3,8 degree (255-3.8x10 =217)
    4: 202,1,9 Raise reported humidity by 9% RH

• @BasVanDenBosch not yet, that is what I want to test next when I find some time. 
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    The Generic Alarm is activated at a movement and stays active for a certain period (default 4 minutes) of no movement.
    dosnt the motion alarm do the same as the generic?  i dont see the diffirance    
  • No, the motion alarm is triggered when there is motion and stops when the detected motion ended, after that the Generic Alarm stays active for 4 minutes.

Imagine this, you have a motion sensor in the hallway switching the light in it, and go through it to go to the toilet. When you leave the toilet (in a reasonable time) the hallway light will stil be on if it is controlled by the Generic Alarm.

• @Eternity did you set option 5,1,2 and press the Action Button afterwards?
    I have added 5,1,2;111,4,300;201,1,217;202,1,9 and saved the settings. With "press Action button"  you mean the pair button on the device? Did that too. Homey lost communication, but a refresh restored it. I will see tonight it the generic alarm goes off not.

Thanks