This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Trigger Flow on Scene Activation (Specifically Fibaro Dimmer 2 Double and Triple Click)

This device has the capability to send a scene trigger message with a different scene id when single-, double-, triple-clicked, held and released.  This would allow flows to be triggered for each type of action, if scene activation was available as a trigger.

@Taco suggested that it had been implemented, here https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/4934/#Comment_4934 but I can't seem to find the functionality anywhere.  Has it since been removed?

Comments

• JustMarkJustMark Member
    edited May 2016
    I have the same question. Can't get this to work. I want to be able to control my Philips Hue through homey with the seconds switch of the Fibaro Dimmer 2 using scene activation.

Also i wonder how to get the Power Metering in Insights? @mtudor did get the power metering working?
  • mtudormtudor Member
    @JustMark with the other Z-Wave devices it has appeared automatically but not with the Fibaro Dimmer...
  • FranqFranq Member
    mtudor said:
    This device has the capability to send a scene trigger message with a different scene id when single-, double-, triple-clicked, held and released.  This would allow flows to be triggered for each type of action, if scene activation was available as a trigger.

@Taco suggested that it had been implemented, here https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/4934/#Comment_4934 but I can't seem to find the functionality anywhere.  Has it since been removed?
    Yes having te same question cannot find that functionality anymore. Having fibaro dimmer 2 with homey firmware 0.8.34.

It would be nice if I double clicked an pulsdrukker I could trigger a flow.
  • casedacaseda Member
    When looking at the trello page
    https://trello.com/b/aYBmd9Ru/athom-s-public-timeline-for-homey
    then i can conclude that at the moment the command class (Central Scene) has not yet implemented into the Z-Wave (public) code.
    And is pretty hard to implement i presume (looking at only one of the manuals, where there are 28(!) different variants in scene activation)

Z-Wave is being fully re-written at the moment so the re-write might make it (more) possible/easier to add it to the Z-Wave code.
  • FranqFranq Member
    @caseda ;So it is not possible to trigger a flow when I double click the pulsedrukker? I'm understanding it correctly right?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Franq ;
    I don't know for sure, you'll have to try.
    I don't have a dimmer (or any of the other scene-able devices) to test what it does.
    You could still try to add a scene trigger by dragging the [Z-Wave] under wireless to trigger and see if it folds out to an scene trigger. (it doesn't for me because i don't have any devices that have scene triggers.)

But if it doesn't with anyone that has a scene trigger device, then It might just trigger a normal "one click" action, but it will not trigger a scene (2 click, 3 click, long press, etc) because the command class isn't (fully) implemented.
  • FranqFranq Member
    caseda said:
    @Franq ;
    I don't know for sure, you'll have to try.
    I don't have a dimmer (or any of the other scene-able devices) to test what it does.
    You could still try to add a scene trigger by dragging the [Z-Wave] under wireless to trigger and see if it folds out to an scene trigger. (it doesn't for me because i don't have any devices that have scene triggers.)

But if it doesn't with anyone that has a scene trigger device, then It might just trigger a normal "one click" action, but it will not trigger a scene (2 click, 3 click, long press, etc) because the command class isn't (fully) implemented.
    Just tried (dragged [Z-Wave] to trigger) but doesn't fold out.