This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Published] SSH Client

mvtk1990mvtk1990 Member
edited May 2016 in Apps
I've just now published an app that will send SSH commands to a client.
I'm using this for controlling Spotify on my Mac Mini witch is connected tot my TV and Pioneer Receiver.
How can you use this app?

Comments

• Wauw, very nice, very usefull. I can use it for more advanced interaction with my Raspberry Pi :)

Thanks!
  • Whaha nice!
    Going to think of what I can do with it!  B)
  • Thank you very much! I would like to use it to shut down my computer with ssh and to get command line access to e.g. execute programs. Is that in general possible?

I already set up an ssh server on my windows 10 machine as described here:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/41560/how-to-get-ssh-command-line-access-to-windows-7-using-cygwin/

Plus I installed the app on homey. But I only find a flow card which I can add to the "then" column, where I can select the Ssh client and the command. There is nothing in the settings. I am using 0.8.39.

Could someone maybe write a bit more detailled how I could do that?

• djeskodjesko Member
    edited August 2016

Hi ,   @mvtk1990 ;

After .92 the app does not work , any update ongoing ?   use this app to start my vusolo box to sim present !  

error when add device : 

Thanks

• fiekfiek Member
    edited August 2016
    djesko said:

Hi ,   @mvtk1990 ;;;

After .92 the app does not work , any update ongoing ?   use this app to start my vusolo box to sim present !  

error when add device : 

Thanks

At first I was using the SSH client for my Vuduo box. A fellow member on this forum showed me another way to control my Vuduo box directly through IP. See link below.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21278/#Comment_21278

• thanks , will try that ! 
  • Is it also possible to make a telnet connection with it?
    I want to connect to my managed switch, but I can 't install ssh on it.
  • This app still working for anyone? Hasn't worked for me since I installed three weeks ago.
  • Gerco90Gerco90 Member
    edited March 2018
    Is it also possible to make a telnet connection with it?
    I also want to know if it is possible to send telnet commands with this app, @mvtk1990. Because I also use your Pioneer app which works great, but switching to my GAME hdmi input is not working. With telnet I can change the hdmi input tot GAME, so if this is possible with this app it would be great.

Edit:
    I downloaded the app. When I want to add a device, a user and password is needed. For a telnet session with my Pioneer receiver I don't need that. 
  • Is it also possible to make a telnet connection with it?
    No it won't use telnet, a other developer should make it, I've no time for implement it

• Gerco90 said:
    I also want to know if it is possible to send telnet commands with this app, @mvtk1990. Because I also use your Pioneer app which works great, but switching to my GAME hdmi input is not working. With telnet I can change the hdmi input tot GAME, so if this is possible with this app it would be great.

Edit:
    I downloaded the app. When I want to add a device, a user and password is needed. For a telnet session with my Pioneer receiver I don't need that. 
    If you know the GAME command for pioneer you can send it, when i've a little time I can try it.
    Right now I'm owning a Marantz, but you can try the beta if you want.
    In my opinion it's better to solve the pioneer app than use another app to fix the issue 
  • POBPOB Member
    edited July 2018
    Latest changelog (0.1.4) says "Fixed issue to prevent crash of app".  That's nice!

It also says "Right now the device is set to offline mode". I don't understand that sentence. What's the implication of that??

• FantomNotaBeneFantomNotaBene Unconfirmed, Member
    Hi. Great work! Can you add command responses?
    I wanna, for example, know how long my mac is idle and use it in the flow editor as a condition.