This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• wingiewingie Member
    @EvertorN will wait patiently on your progress, one question left if the app is running and not yet flagged as misbehaving why does the play movie xxx works (in Dutch) but play episode xxx not?
  • wingie said:
    @EvertorN will wait patiently on your progress, one question left if the app is running and not yet flagged as misbehaving why does the play movie xxx works (in Dutch) but play episode xxx not?
    Only reason I can come up with is that you have your movies indexed as a library, but not your series. Are you 100% sure that you added your series to your Kodi library? If you're not sure you can verify by enabling the webserver on kodi and browsing to <<kodi_ip>:8080 from any computer within your local network and check if they show up
  • wingiewingie Member
    EvertorN said:
    wingie said:
    Only reason I can come up with is that you have your movies indexed as a library, but not your series. Are you 100% sure that you added your series to your Kodi library? If you're not sure you can verify by enabling the webserver on kodi and browsing to <<kodi_ip>:8080 from any computer within your local network and check if they show up
    Yep i'm sure all my movies and series are in a (mysql database) library so I can access them from my nuc, ipad, Macbook, asrock ht etc. 
    Tried your suggestion and this works after entering userid/password.

Is it working at your side in Dutch with 0.8.34?

• MennoMenno Member
    Menno said:
    @EvertorN ;
    Is it possible to let homey speak titels (of movies) in english when your homey language is dutch?
    Now it sounds very strange.
    @EvertorN is this possible?
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited May 2016
    Looking at the API this is not possible.. Athom should allow to override a user language in certain apps. Consequence is that you need another voice installed.
  • MennoMenno Member
    Thanks Dieter because almost every titel is in english it would be nice. Same thing for example when your homey is in english but want to hear dutch news.
  • Looking at the API this is not possible.. Athom should allow to override a user language in certain apps. Consequence is that you need another voice installed.
    @Emile would it be possible to enable extra voices to support English output in other languages?
  • No chance to support CEC commands right (like poweron, standby)?
    Gonna bump this ;-) and also would like to know if it's possible to trigger when a new movie or episode gets added to the library? Haven't looked into Kodi's api yet.
  • No chance to support CEC commands right (like poweron, standby)?
    Gonna bump this ;-) and also would like to know if it's possible to trigger when a new movie or episode gets added to the library? Haven't looked into Kodi's api yet.
    Yeah I will add them. Check the OP with a list of future features, it's already mentioned there ;-).

Not sure about the new movie or new episode trigger. There is an event called 'VideoLibrary.OnUpdate' that fires when a video item has been updated. Not sure if it also fires on new items etc. Will need to investigate this.
  • Looking at the API this is not possible.. Athom should allow to override a user language in certain apps. Consequence is that you need another voice installed.
    @Emile would it be possible to enable extra voices to support English output in other languages?
    This is going to be very very very hard to implement, so don't count on it in the near future. Even Google talkback isn't at a stage where it can speak a mixed language sentence.
  • @wingie. I will investigate when I have some time. I haven't tested Kodi on 0.8.34 yet. Just got myself some hardware to setup Kodi here, so I will be able to do that soon. It seems that 0.8.34 broke some stuff, will keep you posted.
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited May 2016
    @Everyone: I am also working on a brand new (and more user friendly) speech interface where Homey will talk back if it doesn't understand you etc. I am also planning on writing some Kodi Q&A functionality, where you can ask Homey about your movies and series.

Do you guys have some ideas / suggestions what questions to implement? E.g:
    • - Are there any new episodes to watch? (any suggestions on how to implement this? what point-in-time should I use as a cut-off point? Last media refresh?)

If you guys come up with some cool questions, I will add them to the to-do list in the OP and implement them in a future release.
  • EvertorN said:
    This is going to be very very very hard to implement, so don't count on it in the near future. Even Google talkback isn't at a stage where it can speak a mixed language sentence.
    Yes, it would require a second voice installed and making such sentence sound really funny. Still it would be an acceptable workaround for English names like movies and series. 
  • EvertorN said:
    No chance to support CEC commands right (like poweron, standby)?
    Yeah I will add them. Check the OP with a list of future features, it's already mentioned there ;-).

Not sure about the new movie or new episode trigger. There is an event called 'VideoLibrary.OnUpdate' that fires when a video item has been updated. Not sure if it also fires on new items etc. Will need to investigate this.
    Sorry, I only saw reboot/shutdown and thought you meant the Kodi device itself. 
  • EvertorN said:
    No chance to support CEC commands right (like poweron, standby)?

Sorry, I only saw reboot/shutdown and thought you meant the Kodi device itself. 
    What do you mean with CEC commands? Powering on the TV? I will have to look into that. This works out of the box if you have Kodi installed on a raspberry pi ;-).
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes, it would require a second voice installed and making such sentence sound really funny. Still it would be an acceptable workaround for English names like movies and series. 
    Perhaps, just a thought : every string it's own language. If you have to have different languages in one string you would have to split it up. I assume Kodi provides a language-property with a movie? So
    if language-prop = "EN" then 
     say ("u gaat kijken naar ", {language: Dutch})
     say (movietitle, {language: English})
     say ("veel plezier ", {language: Dutch})
    endif
    But Athom should provide the API for this.
  • OverlordOverlord Member
    edited May 2016
    EvertorN said:
    @Everyone: I am also working on a brand new (and more user friendly) speech interface where Homey will talk back if it doesn't understand you etc. I am also planning on writing some Kodi Q&A functionality, where you can ask Homey about your movies and series.

Do you guys have some ideas / suggestions what questions to implement? E.g:
    • - Are there any new episodes to watch? (any suggestions on how to implement this? what point-in-time should I use as a cut-off point? Last media refresh?)

If you guys come up with some cool questions, I will add them to the to-do list in the OP and implement them in a future release.
    @EvertorN ;
    In the new Kodi (V17) the mainscreen shows series that you are looking at (active)
    If you would implement "are there new episodes" The app should first ask if you would like to see an episode from your active list, and when Yes, name the active series and let you chose. If No it should list the last few episodes that are reported into the new list from Kodi.
    I have 145 series where there are 75 active and there are 6 new entries a day. So I would like to see new episodes first from my series I'm watching, and then have a choise for other series.
  • @overlord or just mention the episodes and movies that are added that day ;) 
  • EvertorN said:
    @overlord or just mention the episodes and movies that are added that day ;) 
    So that is a config thing then. User can choose how the app present the newly added content?
  • @wingie: I managed to reproduce your problem where you weren't able to play a latest episode in Dutch and fixed it. Will be available in the next release!

I also fixed an error where the app would crash on a connection loss. I had to dig deep in one of my node module dependencies and fix someone else's code for this, but it works :). Also available in the next release!
  • EvertorN said:
    @wingie: I managed to reproduce your problem where you weren't able to play a latest episode in Dutch and fixed it. Will be available in the next release!

I also fixed an error where the app would crash on a connection loss. I had to dig deep in one of my node module dependencies and fix someone else's code for this, but it works :). Also available in the next release!
    Would +1 you post if I could  :|
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited May 2016
    Just committed 1.2.0 to Git! Can some of you that know how to use the CLI please test before I push it to the appstore? (@Fire69, @Phuturist, @RobinVanKekem ?)

Changelog:
    • Added trigger-card/action-card/speech for Shutdown/Hibernate/Reboot:
    • - "Shutdown Kodi", "Reboot Kodi", "Hibernate Kodi"
    • Added trigger-card for WakeUp (Can't test this myself because of my hardware, can someone confirm this is working?
    • Added action-card for 'Play latest episode'
    • Fixed a bug where app would crash on connection loss
    • Fixed a bug where 'play latest episode' didn't work in Dutch
    • Added a couple of fallbacks for speech 'play latest episode' (Homey asks for the name of the series if it can't find the one you're looking for) and 'watch a movie'. Try "I wanna watch a movie".
    Please let me know your findings. If everything seems to be okay, I will push 1.2.0 to the appstore.
  • Sure! Hope to test tonight but I'm real busy the next few days :neutral: 
  • Installing as we speak..
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016
    Installation went OK (fw 0.8.34)

Kodi herstart = working
    kodi shutdown = working
    kodi hibernate = not working (I'm using openelec on asrock system not sure if it is enabled)

I don't see a trigger-card for WakeUp

---- Edit ----

Hibernate is also not working directly so I can't test it at the moment

• Can't test hibernate either. Running Kodi on a Rasp 2.
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited May 2016
    If Kodi isn't started and I start the app, it seems it only tries to connect once?
    I'm sorry, I can't look through the code to pinpoint: I'm an bit on a tight schedule.
  • MennoMenno Member
    For me it's no problem I manage all equipment with logitech harmony 
  • If Kodi isn't started and I start the app, it seems it only tries to connect once?
    I'm sorry, I can't look through the code to pinpoint: I'm an bit on a tight schedule.
    You are right. It only reconnects after it has at least been connected once. I will fix this and make sure auto-reconnect also works on the first connection :).

@Menno I installed kodi on a laptop and hibernate worked . Also, the wake up card is called 'Kodi woke up from hibernate'.
  • Yes, after it has been connected, the app correctly connects to Kodi again.
    It even receives the shutdown callback correctly when closing Kodi (running on the Nexus Player, Android TV device)