This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

KaKu/coco Reciever AWMR-230

Current situation: I've installed a KaKu/coco reciever AWMR-230 (behind a wallswitch). With a remote control I can switch on/off my light. 

I would like to use Homey for switching on/off my lights (holiday/vacation schedule -> trigger on time) but I can't get it to work. As a device I've tried KaKu wallswitch but the wallswitch can only be used as a flowtrigger and not as a THEN THAT.

Please help me out / anyone with a good suggestion?

Comments

• Tim_BrassTim_Brass Member
    edited May 2016
    Use a socket..... 
    Wall switch is a transmitter not a receiver. If you add a socket it should work.
    copy the signal from the remote.
  • LeliekevertjeLeliekevertje Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi Tim, Thanks for your help.  If I select a (new) socket and copy the signal of the remote (AYCT-102)...Homey does not respond to the signal (red light (device manager in homey) is flickering). Also tried to generate a new signal, that also does not work. I must be doing something wrong  

I use the same remote as in my bedroom. I've tried different channels (I, II, III and IV). The light is responding to the signal only Homey does not recognize it. I'am a bit lost in space... 
  • I use the same and they all work as sockets and dimmer sockets 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Leliekevertje : What happens when you look at the KaKu code-inspector, does Homey see signals?
  • First of all I would like to thank you for your help...I appreciate that...

Rebooting Homey helped...almost...

Now Homey (within devicemanager-> socket) responds to the signal of my remote. Made a simple flow (@ 9:00 lights on) and ran test. Light did not go on. Could it be a range thing? My homey is in the livingroom (backend of my house), and the reciever is at the 2nd floor (frontend of my house).

@BasVanDenBosch: I've googled KaKu code-inspector but could not find info. Can you tell me where I can find it?
  • Thanks Bas,

Never knew....that's handy :)... Homey sees the signal. But the reciever does not respond. I'm guessing that Homey copies the signal and fires it when a flow is triggerd. But my light still does not respond. Could it be a range thing?

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    I just had to power down Homey to get KaKu sending back working. Rebooting wasn't enough. Did you try that. If it still doesn';t work then I guess it's a range-thing. For me, the signal goes through an outer-wall, 10 metres through the garden en through another outer wall. No problem in sending...
  • Oke, I'll try that after I have rebooted myself after seeing Max Verstappen :).

• I've powered down Homey, unfortunately it didn't work. I'm going to move the reciever to the first floor and see what the result will be. Thanks for helping and understanding paring up devices with Homey.
  • I've moved the reciever to different wallswitches on different floors and it worked everywhere except one specific (initial) room. Perhaps a local interference problem or a range thing, I don't know. For now it's oke, so thanks for helping me out.
  • i can't get my AWMR-230 connected to my homey. When i add this type i get the question for remote signal or create signal. it doesn't respond on a new signal and my remote YCT-102 will also not be recognized. Have someone got the
    solution for this problem??

• @BenvMaanen YCT-102 works for me but there's others for whom it doesn''t work:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/922
    Perhaps there's two versions? Could you add your findings to bug 922 ? And could you try the steps @baskiers stated in that bug?

• @BenvMaanen YCT-102 works for me but there's others for whom it doesn''t work:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/922
    Perhaps there's two versions? Could you add your findings to bug 922 ? And could you try the steps @baskiers stated in that bug?

@BasVanDenBosch i can add the YCT-102 to homey but not the AWMR-230 following the standard set-up.

Know i use the setup of YC-1000. Than homey recognized the YCT-102. So i setup my AWMR-230 with the setup of YC-1000.  Finally i can use my AWMR-230 with homey :)