This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• Ziglar said:
    better logic isnt working, unable to save new values
    Known issue and already reported on github.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    confirmed... probably due to bug 600.
  • MennoMenno Member
    after 94000 uptime z-wave not working anymore

restart zwave chip not helping (error undefined)
    log send to athom code 25320888FA
    now trying restart homey
  • MennoMenno Member
    after restart zwave is again working
  • Menno said:
    @mbalik79 ;

step to follow:
    remove device from homey
    Clear device self
    detect device close by homey I did detect from less then 1 meter (3 clicks)
    place device back on it's location
    update zwave info (1 click)
    Last but not least pray that it works!

Thanks! I'm gone try it this evening. I will Let you know..
  • @menno want to test tonight, but battery is dead of the sensor...pfff
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited May 2016
    KUKA died fo r the second time. Installed it yesterday, it worked..
    This morning I checked if the sunset/rises were correct . Those worked, but my KAKU died again. installed is again, now I works again..

LOG: E21903580A 
  • Improvements I noticed in 0.8.34:
    - Harmony App works much better (1. Red Led on Harmony Hub is now green, 2. When creating flows the menu options for Harmony devices appear much quicker, 3. More consistent response of Harmony Hub in flows though not 100% yet)
    - Dutch translation is better (e.g. "De tijd" instead "The time" in clock flows)
    - You can ask "Hoe gaat het met je", Homey will respond :-)
    - Z-wave seems to be more stable indeed, no crash so far
  • MennoMenno Member
    Snik a freeze can ping but webpage I can't open
  • MennoMenno Member
    But even with the freeze I'm quite happy with FW 0.8.34
    for me speech is working more then good from 3 meters (5 meters is a bit to much yet)
    zwave working okay needed one restart
    Like the scrollbar in flows
    speech speed also very nice
    Athom keep up the good work!
  • @menno @blusser; Thanks for you're help. With the new battery. Only I don't think it updates the battery state (I cannot see it at the insights)
  • posthokposthok Member
    8.34 doesn't give false positives in speech anymore.
    And is in my case not crashing anymore.
    I'm happy.  :)
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    I'm overall happy about 0.8.34  
    I'm even going to give homey the sunset tasks through flows, instead Domoticz.  
    So the firsts steps to disable Domoticz is starting now
  • PeaoPeao Member
    I am having these freezes, too (static rainbow led). This happens 2-3 times a day. Only since .34.
  • BasPost said:
    Nice. I'm also ging to do these tasks with homey instead of homewizard 
  • posthokposthok Member
    BasPost said:
    Domoticz is still running but ready to take over when homey fails. Homey taken over all the controls.
    I'm a daredevil. >:)  
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited May 2016
    The problem introduced in this version with saving settings is fixed in 0.8.35 according to @emile https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/600
    I just hope 0.8.35 will be rushed out with these fixes and the other stuff planned for 0.8.35 (new flow editor amongst others) will be moved to 0.8.36!

I want to be able to configure my z-wave devices without using flows asap!
  • RickRick Member
    edited May 2016
    Adding KaKu devices (Remote, AYCT-102, and the Wallswitch, AWST-8802) is not working for me using 0.8.34, unfortunately. Random button presses are not recognized.
  • The problem introduced in this version with saving settings is fixed in 0.8.35 according to @emile https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/600
    I just hope 0.8.35 will be rushed out with these fixes and the other stuff planned for 0.8.35 (new flow editor amongst others) will be moved to 0.8.36!

I want to be able to configure my z-wave devices without using flows asap!
    Emile on Github: 0.8.35 will be released within a few days as hotfix release, with the Flow folders as bonus ;)
  • ReflowReflow Member
    I could be wrong, but.. is it smart to release a new feature (flow folders) in a hotfix update? What if the folders bring new problems with them. You can't call it a hotfix then :wink: 
  • djeskodjesko Member
    Anyone having problems that Homey hangs ?   did work good before .34

• YES, stil have problems with that. Had Homey unplugged because of that until the new firmware came along. So i gave it a try. Problem not solved for me. Homey died on me last night. Up and running for only a day. Only have Kodi, KAKU, HUE and better logic installed. Going to remove Kodi this evening in order to rule apps out....
    @djesko: what apps do you have installed and what protocols are you using (KAKU, Z-WAVE< HUE.....)?
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited May 2016
    YES, stil have problems with that. Had Homey unplugged because of that until the new firmware came along. So i gave it a try. Problem not solved for me. Homey died on me last night. Up and running for only a day. Only have Kodi, KAKU, HUE and better logic installed. Going to remove Kodi this evening in order to rule apps out....
    @djesko: what apps do you have installed and what protocols are you using (KAKU, Z-WAVE< HUE.....)?
    I have KAKU ,z-wave , plex , countdown , screensaver , news app , milight , roomba , synology , better logic 

Will do a total reset today and wait for .35 

• JPeJPe Member
    edited May 2016
    Peao said:
    I am having these freezes, too (static rainbow led). This happens 2-3 times a day. Only since .34.
    djesko said:
    Anyone having problems that Homey hangs ?   did work good before .34

JPe:
    Same for me,   .32 has been running more days in a row, but now with  .34 freezes after a couple of hours...

• aloftaloft Member
    I've had to do a full factory reset; after booting Homey, port 22 and port 80 were responding, but I never got a website displayed (nor was any flow working). The recovery procedure didn't even did a countdown, after 30 seconds it just started.

A normal reset (with keeping data) was not successful, only after erasing all data, it was back up. 

So now, create all flows again, and see if it re-occurs....
  • posthokposthok Member
    It's very strange that there are so many different user experiences. 8.32 i had to power-off every 24 hours.
    Now running 8.34 I had no freeze at all. Running smooth. You almost think we all have different hardware.
  • blusserblusser Member
    I've only fibaro z-wave devices (relay switch, dimmer v1) and motion sensors) and http app and The system doesn't response anymore  after a few hours.. 
    It smells z-wave related.
    maybe it's the amount of devices reporting to devicegroup 3?
    I didn't set any other settings.
  • posthok said:
    It's very strange that there are so many different user experiences. 8.32 i had to power-off every 24 hours.
    Now running 8.34 I had no freeze at all. Running smooth. You almost think we all have different hardware.
    same thing I'm wondering.. could it be that different components were used by manufacturer is this gives such different results ? 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Although every Homey should be the same, there can be a lot of diffences after leaving the factory such as:

Different protocols used, 
    Different apps installed, 
    Different app setting, 
    Different devices installed, 
    Different device settings, 
    Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc 

I also read that someone of athom advised to uninstall BetterLogic when you are experiencing strange freezes. 

Maybe other apps are also causing freezes(hopefully the new watch dog will prevent it) 
This discussion has been closed.