This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Action Sockets Pro-Max

I've been to several Action stores in the are over a period of the last month. Never did I find the Eurodomest (or the Impuls) set and I was told it was not coming back; despite the website still listing them. 
I've read on several domotica forums that they also mention the Eurodomest is replaced by Pro-Max.
They now sell similar sets from Pro-Max. 

I've tried to see if they would work with any of the apps...... and of course they didn't. But I did get the remote recognised and if I flip a switch on the remote, the test in the flow manager also turns on and off; but not the lights and/or the receiver. 

Will it even be possible (at some point) to have this new set from Action working with Homey? Could this set be added to the Action App? Or should I just bring them back?
I hope not, because the (working) alternatives are a lot more expensive....

I don't have a clue what they are on about, but on some domotica forums they are dissecting these Pro-Max switch sets too.
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9972
https://forum.pimatic.org/topic/1281/433-mhz-promax-switch/9

Comments

• Hey @AntoinetteDeFouw ;
    These switches are on my to-do list, they will be added to the Action app in the near future.
  • I did find the Eurodomest sets in an Action store, tucked away behind the Pro-max devices. Unfortunately, only the receivers work, not the remote, which could be handy to control the Homey flows

@DennisH Is on your to-do list also the Eurodomest remote ? 
  • @DennisH Great! I'll hang on to them :)
  • Wouldn't it be more logical to put all these different brands in separate apps? 
  • @aloft You can already trigger a flow by adding your socket with your remote and using the flowcard of the socket  ;)

• @DennisH although that might work - didn't test it yet- I'd like to use the remote completely independent, as I  can with the KaKu remote. 

I am not deep into 433 specs yet, but if you can copy the signal for pairing the socket, couldn't you use that procedure for pairing the  remote as well ?  You are listening for the remote's signal right?  So if you know that 'type-of-signal' which you emulate with Homey to turn on a socket,  then you should also be able to use that just as an input for a trigger.  Again, just like the KaKu devices.

• @aloft It is indeed possible to add remotes to the action app but i haven't had time for it yet, it's on my list  ;)
  • DennisH said:
    @aloft It is indeed possible to add remotes to the action app but i haven't had time for it yet, it's on my list  ;)
    That's good enough for me. Thanks, and I'll just wait for the update. Let me know if you need someone to test.
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited March 2016
    @DennisH ;

Would this help for the pro-max switches, this was achieved with the codechecker from Kaku.

The address never changes if a button is pressed, neither does the Channel: number.

Unit varies from 1,2,3,4. Group only varies if the All On or All Off button is pressed.
  • scoczscocz Member
    how is progress going?
  • DennisH said:
    Hey @AntoinetteDeFouw ;
    These switches are on my to-do list, they will be added to the Action app in the near future.
    Any news/ETA about the Promax action switch?
  • @DennisH
    I'm also anxiously waiting for this support.
    I bought them from Action assuming they were already supported.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited April 2016
    there is an action app in store
  • scoczscocz Member
    Menno said:
    there is an action app in store
    yep, but no promax supported sadly.
  • uNiiekuNiiek Member
    DennisH said:
    @aloft It is indeed possible to add remotes to the action app but i haven't had time for it yet, it's on my list  ;)
    @DennisH ;how is progress going? I saw in github you made some progress and added the driver for de ProMax in de Action app wicht will come with 1.0.15.

• @DennisH ;
    How is the new version coming along? Bought some Pro-max appliances today. Is there a possibility to install the .15 version already? Thanks! :smile: 
  • uNiiekuNiiek Member
    Just updated to the new version of the Action app. Promax is supported!
    https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.action 
  • FranqFranq Member
    The link is not working ;) But thx!
  • wingiewingie Member
    Franq said:
    Just a little bit self effort https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.action
  • FranqFranq Member
    wingie said:
    Franq said:
    Just a little bit self effort https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.action
    I already found the link by myself, but wanted you to know that it wasnt working so you could change it :smile: 
  • doesnt work anymore x.x does not send 433 mhz
  • Here the promax sockets works with the action app from the store.  I saw the command in the app, promax will be added later, but it works with the new version from the store 

• Here the promax sockets wont work. De remote control works with the app but when I want to add a socket I have to push the on and off button till the bars are full but nothing happend. Did I do something wrong? Can somebody help me?  
  • How can i get in the code checker?
    I found on Git it should be in the devices add list. But i cannot find it.

I want to find the code of some 433 sockets I have which do not seem to work with any of the apps.
  • @Robbertos,

I had the same. After reboot Homey it was possible to ad the socket.
    2 Days later a new socket, i had to do the same: first a reboot then adding the socket.
  • How can i get in the code checker?
    I found on Git it should be in the devices add list. But i cannot find it.

I want to find the code of some 433 sockets I have which do not seem to work with any of the apps.
    You don't have to search for the Code Checker, it is removed from the App!  
    There is no Code Checker anymore.  :/
  • @Robbertos,

I had the same. After reboot Homey it was possible to ad the socket.
    2 Days later a new socket, i had to do the same: first a reboot then adding the socket.
    Thanks I  will give it a try when I am home. Reboot you mean put homey upside down? Or also unplug?
  • For me it was enough to choose "opnieuw opstarten"  in the menu system. 
  • Rebooting is not resetting and not the same as PTP (pull the plug).
  • I have tried It again after "opnieuw opstarten" but still not working. I think I dont have the promax but they look like the promax. The box says Flamingo SF-501. I bought it this week @ the action. Is this diffrent then the promax switch?