This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed plugwise

on github first tested app for Plugwise Windows desktop Sourse, works with circles

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    great, will test tonight!
    Should have read better. I only have a smile and a stick, not a source    Guess I can write the smile-part myself...

What's the difference with the plugwise-app in the appstore?

Note to myself: don't do hobbies and work at the same time...With webserver running on my laptop with the stick, all devices show up nicely. They show power-usage on the devices-page and you can switch devices on and off through both the devices-page and flows.

Just a nit, think it's an issue with Plugwise: If I turn my watercooker off the power drops to 0, when I turn it back on, the power (devices-page) stays at 0 Watt. Insights shows really strange results...

Won't be running at home though, it's too much to leave my laptop or a workstation on just for the fun of being able to switch plugwise. However, at one of my office-locations I have a windows-server running with a stick in the computer and about 12 plugs so in the somewhat longer run I could use Homey there to monitor my employees energy-usage...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Server settings were gone after update. the app seemed very much in distress (jumping memory-usage as well as processor). Testing communicating with the server wasn't possible. After a while the app crashed...
  • NattelipNattelip Member
    edited May 2016
    he crashes after update 0.8.34 ,  this version let apps crash if they use to much resources. i have still my server settings though . but a lot of apps lose their settings according to the discussions on slack tonight  after updating to 0.8.34. I will wait for comment from athom  what are the intended triggers for crashing an app and why settings are lost.  the graphs on the developer page are not different from 0.8.32. my app crashes when i turn a plugwise socket on or off onthe devices page of homey.
  • I'd like to buy a:

plugwise smile P1

will this work with Homey or do I need extra components?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You'll need extra components for now but it should be fairly simple to create a seperate app for this... Even without Homey, I would really recommend the P1...
  • So i could connect plugwise smile with homey in the future? Anyone working on an app?
     I would like to see the data in insights....

discount at praxis now.... Wait or buy?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    How much?
  • 74 euros
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    http://nl.hardware.info/product/286061/plugwise-smile-p1
    I would definitely buy it... Hardware and software of Plugwise is really great....
  • Nattelip said:
    he crashes after update 0.8.34 ,  this version let apps crash if they use to much resources. i have still my server settings though . but a lot of apps lose their settings according to the discussions on slack tonight  after updating to 0.8.34. I will wait for comment from athom  what are the intended triggers for crashing an app and why settings are lost.  the graphs on the developer page are not different from 0.8.32. my app crashes when i turn a plugwise socket on or off onthe devices page of homey.
    for app settings just press save twice, it works perfect for me.
  • Tim_BrassTim_Brass Member
    edited May 2016
    @nattelip would you create a app so the smile p1 could work directly with homey? Without source or any other components? In the near future? Cant develop apps myself.....
    edited May 2016
    @Tim_Brass :    someone else is doing that.

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    Plugwise-source just scared the hell out of me, Homey is going to blow up:

This doesn't show in the server-page of source-server. Log says:
    Tue May 17 2016 21:50:59 GMT+0200 (CEST),28
    Tue May 17 2016 21:50:59 GMT+0200 (CEST),43
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:14 GMT+0200 (CEST),2
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:14 GMT+0200 (CEST),1
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:14 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:14 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:14 GMT+0200 (CEST),28
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:14 GMT+0200 (CEST),43
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:29 GMT+0200 (CEST),2
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:29 GMT+0200 (CEST),1
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:29 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:29 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:29 GMT+0200 (CEST),28
    Tue May 17 2016 21:51:29 GMT+0200 (CEST),43
    This is from insights, six readings for 1 device? probably related to the reason insights doesn't show power-usage for every device. Just downloaded a new log: Now one of the readings is 65 W. This would be my fridge. Then turned on my microwave (tip: don't do this when there's nothing in it smile ) And now the Homey-plug shows 1346 W usage:
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:00 GMT+0200 (CEST),2
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:00 GMT+0200 (CEST),1346
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:00 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:00 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:00 GMT+0200 (CEST),22
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:00 GMT+0200 (CEST),43
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:15 GMT+0200 (CEST),2
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:15 GMT+0200 (CEST),1346
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:15 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:15 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:15 GMT+0200 (CEST),22
    Tue May 17 2016 22:05:15 GMT+0200 (CEST),43
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Plugwisesource crashed:
    Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined
    at Object.self.capabilities.onoff.get (/drivers/circle/driver.js:141:78)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:2649
    at Object.drivers.(anonymous function).ready (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:1653)
    at eventListeners.clientDriver (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:2020)
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:868
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:835)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at handleMessage (internal/child_process.js:695:10)
    Happens after some time though I don't see memory or processor going up and the error about capabilities is showing in the "hoofdmeter"-card from the beginning...
    edited September 2016
    first app store release pending , will be published soon................................. :)

https://github.com/nattlip/com.jilles.plugwisesource

com.jilles.plugwisesource

Homey app to integrate Plugwise Windows desktop Source in Homey.

Works with data retreived from Plugwise Source Server . Controls Circles with Homey.

30-08-2016 version 1.2 first app store release changes : only Circles and Circles+ can be added as Homey socket devices.

There is a special Homey app for the Plugwise Smile P1 in the Athom App Store so it isnt included anymore in this app.

Bug fixed : Testing Plugwise Source server doesnt give crash app anymore.

Paypal donate

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited September 2016
    Great, Just surrendered and got myself a stretch. Guess it will take quite some time (if ever...) for Homey to talk to the Zigbee+ network of Plugwise directly... Something to do in the weekend Oh wait, then I don't need you app anymore :o
  • @BasVanDenBosch you are still free to donate.

• new version on github. removed line 30 in driver.js which crashed in 0.10.0
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    edited October 2016
    <ignore>my laptop needed a restart, now it's working</ignore>
  • new version Homey proof, doesnt crash anymore at eacch reboot update or ptp, remebers appsettings = plugwise server now
    edited July 2018
    SDK 2 version of plugewisse source app, circle has got setting locked to lock device and can also be added as light

https://github.com/nattlip/com.jilles.plugwisesource.2
    edited July 2018
    sdk2 version of plugwise sourse app is published as beta all devices should be reincluded

misses a node module. xml2js dont install yet
  • sdk 2 beta version 2.01 works now in the app store
  • quartquart Unconfirmed, Member
    edited July 2018
    I have a couple of steatlh devices.. Is there anyway to get in to Homey aswell?
    I can se them in the Plugwise source webpage
  • i dont have stealths if you give me the xml of the stealths ?

edited August 2018
    Nattelip said:
    i dont have stealths if you give me the xml of the stealths ?

Thanks for quick answer. Its been a couple of years since installed and configurred Plugwise.
    Can you explain how I can get the XML file for a Stealth applicance?
    One other Question, I have some plugwise circles and hue lamps in a flow.
    The flow shall turn on light at a certain lux value otherwise turn off. 
    It works fine except that the plugwise circles seems to turn on or turn off every second time. Seems like turn on/off is just toogling?
  • quart said:
    Nattelip said:
    i dont have stealths if you give me the xml of the stealths ?

Thanks for quick answer. Its been a couple of years since installed and configurred Plugwise.
    Can you explain how I can get the XML file for a Stealth applicance?
    One other Question, I have some plugwise circles and hue lamps in a flow.
    The flow shall turn on light at a certain lux value otherwise turn off. 
    It works fine except that the plugwise circles seems to turn on or turn off every second time. Seems like turn on/off is just toogling?

fistst open in chome the plugwise server  http://ipofplugwisesrver:portof plugwiseserver

then 

http://ipofplugwisesrver:portof plugwiseserver/statistics.xml

and send me the webpage 
    Thanks again.
    I sent you a PM with the statistics.xml
    edited August 2018
    update 2.0.3 is pending in appstore, i didnt make an extra driver but a stelth can now be imported as circle device or as light in sdk2 beta version, last update was pending nearly a week
    edited August 2018
    Thank you so much !!

Did you also check why the circlees just toggle on/off each time.
    But thaty I mean that when sendning two off signals after each other the cirlce turns on.
    I have a flow that checks light levels each 10 minutes, and below a value it turns on otherwise it turns off.
    So if the lights keep getting more and more light the flow send off signals each 10 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.