This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• GerjanGerjan Member

@ Emile, Homey Crashes about 3 times a day (with version .32) this evening installed .34 allready crased one time.

Before Homey crases he gets very slow, OK Homey triggers after  4 or 5 seconds. according your update Homey should crash one 's  a few days?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    Some quick results to show the ByteFlip bug was fixxed in .34 (atleast for fibaro):
    Settings at the moment:
    • 6,1,20; (alarm cancelation (default 30s), works, goes off after 20 seconds)
    • 40,2,1; (lux change threshold (default 200 lux): this might be a little overkill, but doesn't really work with just 1 lux anyway, will change this to ~20 lux (more reasonable) does make it really responsive, swiping your hand above it will show immediately in the chart)
    • 42,2,300; (lux time threshold (default off): works, if there is atleast a 1 lux change it will update every 300 seconds/5 minutes)
    • 60,1,5; (temperature threshold (default 10°): i don't think this option is really needed, will it ever change more then 5/10 degrees in short amount of time?)
    • 62,2,300; (temperature measurement time (default 900s), works, see parameter 64)
    • 64,2,300; (temperature time threshold (default off), works, if the temperature changes atleast 0,1° it will update every 300 seconds/5 minutes)
    Note with lux:
    It is "Lux changed enough" (more then threshold) OR "Lux timing reached" (with any difference in lux), so it is not linked together.

added chart and timings as attachments, changed the settings @22:36.
    (Yellow is Temperature, Red is Luminescence)
  • GerjanGerjan Member
    Hmm, Homey Crashed the second time this evening.....
  • Fire69 said:
    @caseda: I think there's more going on then just the one colormode.
    When I open  the card for one of my LivingWhites plugs, I get 'invalid_type_for_capability_dim'
    When I open the card for my Fibaro Smoke sensor, I get 'invalid_type_for_capability_alarm_smoke'
    When I open the card for my Fibaro Relay, I get 'taskfailed_for_capability_onoff'

I see a pattern here 

Yup, I see the same behavior. 0.8.34 hasn't done much good.

@btwvince I would stick with 0.8.32 of you haven't installed 0.8.34 yet.

@Gerjan, Homey crashing every couple of hours seems to be a bug which was introduced with this firmware. More people are suffering from it, including me. It makes Homey useless for now.
  • @caseda great testwork! I'm not near my homey, can't wait to see how these tests would go with my Aeotec sensors.
  • ReflowReflow Member
    Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    @caseda: I think there's more going on then just the one colormode.
    When I open  the card for one of my LivingWhites plugs, I get 'invalid_type_for_capability_dim'
    When I open the card for my Fibaro Smoke sensor, I get 'invalid_type_for_capability_alarm_smoke'
    When I open the card for my Fibaro Relay, I get 'taskfailed_for_capability_onoff'

I see a pattern here 

Yup, I see the same behavior. 0.8.34 hasn't done much good.

@btwvince I would stick with 0.8.32 of you haven't installed 0.8.34 yet.

@Gerjan, Homey crashing every couple of hours seems to be a bug which was introduced with this firmware. More people are suffering from it, including me. It makes Homey useless for now.
    I think crash only happens with certain users with spicific apps/devices installed. Mine didn't crash on .32 neither on this firmware since it's installed yesterday
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    For people with crashing Homey's:
    I uploaded an app through the commandline so in my settings-page an extra item appeared called "Ontwikkelaars" in Dutch. With 0.8.34 I saw plusgwise-source running totally havoc. Then the app crashed but Homey has been running stable since that. Do you see any apps with increased CPU or memory?
  • caseda said:
    Some quick results to show the ByteFlip bug was fixxed in .34 (atleast for fibaro):
    Settings at the moment:
    • 40,2,1; (lux change threshold (default 200 lux): this might be a little overkill, but doesn't really work with just 1 lux anyway, will change this to ~20 lux (more reasonable) does make it really responsive, swiping your hand above it will show immediately in the chart)
    • 42,2,300; (lux time threshold (default off): works, if there is atleast a 1 lux change it will update every 300 seconds/5 minutes)
    • 60,1,5; (temperature threshold (default 10°): i don't think this option is really needed, will it ever change more then 5/10 degrees in short amount of time?)
    • 62,2,300; (temperature measurement time (default 900s), works, see parameter 64)
    • 64,2,300; (temperature time threshold (default off), works, if the temperature changes atleast 0,1° it will update every 300 seconds/5 minutes)
    Note with lux:
    It is "Lux changed enough" (more then threshold) OR "Lux timing reached" (with any difference in lux), so it is not linked together.

@caseda ;
    Great list !! :smiley: 
    Will implement it asap, see how it turns out.
    Is it possible to create such a list for AEOTEC multi sensor?
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited May 2016
    @ThijsDeJong
    Scroll down to the end of the first post in the link, in the engineering sheet you'll find all available settings: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1329/how-to-aeotec-multisensor-6/p1
  • @ThijsDeJong
    Scroll down to the end of the first post in the link, in the engineering sheet you'll find all available settings: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1329/how-to-aeotec-multisensor-6/p1
    Why did I not see this coming.... :blush: 
    I forgot that part of the tred  me not worthy... :wink: 
    THNX!!
  • MennoMenno Member
    Z-wave is still working for me without restart zwave chip or restart homey
    I'm using motiondetections and dimmers

• @Phuturist I did the upgrade yesterday and no crashes for me, I just had to reinstall the klikaanklikuit and somfy app.
    Klikaanklikuit works like it should be but Somfy doesn't. I can pair them as it should be so they move up and down when i'm in pairing mode but after that i can't move them up or down in the devices or with the cards.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Menno said:
    Z-wave is still working for me without restart zwave chip or restart homey
    I'm using motiondetections and dimmers

Which devices do you use?
  • MennoMenno Member
    @Fire69 ;
    2x fibaro motion sensor FGMS-001 V2.7
    2x Dimmerset voor Everlux SKU: ZME_05433

All devices were already configured before the FW update
  • @Menno can you make some screenshots from settings you use? Mine still not Working. . (Motion sensors)
  • posthokposthok Member
    First freeze while playing around with Yamaha receiver app. static rainbow led
  • MennoMenno Member
    @mbalik79 it's all default

• blusserblusser Member
    caseda said:
    Settings at the moment:
    Note with lux:

I've reset homey to factory defaults after upgrading to 0.8.34 and added a FGMS-001 as first device.
    But after trying to change settings I get : "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined" when I press "Save Settings" 
    Even after removing and re-adding the device, the problem persists.. 
    Any ideas ?
  • MennoMenno Member
    @mbalik79 ; what is not working for you?
  • @blusser See the feedback in Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor 

@Caseda indicated here that it is not possible to change parameters via the device settings card (issue in 0.8.34), but it is possible via a flow (little bit more cumbersome).. see the topic mentioned.
  • Menno said:
    @mbalik79 ; what is not working for you?
    I have the same problem as @blusser . I will try tonight again. Just did a full recovery of homey. All the measurements are not realiable 
  • MennoMenno Member
    @mbalik79 ;

step to follow:
    remove device from homey
    Clear device self
    detect device close by homey I did detect from less then 1 meter (3 clicks)
    place device back on it's location
    update zwave info (1 click)
    Last but not least pray that it works!

• blusserblusser Member
    ok, @TedTolboom : tried to set parameter 1 to 11 and tried again but still got the same message.
    after that I've followed the steps from @Menno above and still not able to change settings.
    FYI, the sensor itself is working (detecting and reporting movement).

• JPeJPe Member
    edited May 2016
    btwvince said:
    @Phuturist I did the upgrade yesterday and no crashes for me, I just had to reinstall the klikaanklikuit and somfy app.
    Klikaanklikuit works like it should be but Somfy doesn't. I can pair them as it should be so they move up and down when i'm in pairing mode but after that i can't move them up or down in the devices or with the cards.
    Same for me, Somfy works no more anyway (after reinstall,  it dit jog during paring, both times) in the Flow, there is an extra card for the "STOP/MY" function, but unsure how or if it works.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @blusser : did you read the link @TedTolboom posted? You're doing two things. @Menno explains how to pair the device without setting any parameters. Setting parameters has to be done through a flow for now like @caseda posted earlier in this thread.
  • blusserblusser Member
    @BasVanDenBosch  : yes, I've read his post, and I've set the parameter through a flow even multiple times and even pressing the button inside of the sensor afterwards.. 
    If I'm the only one it's probably me, and I'm still doing something wrong :(

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    First take the first step like Menno posted, does that work? After setting the parameters you either have to wait for 7200 seconds (standard-setting) or you have to force reading parameters through the device (like in the manual @caseda wrote).  After that works you can fiddle around with parameters.
  • After reading quite some posts on problems with 0.8.34 (not able to test myself as I'm away from my homey) I think it boils down to problems with saving on both devices and app settings pages.
    @emile can you please comment on how this will be handled? Can we expect an emergency release or will you continue with the current build cycle?
  • I'm trying to do the shuffling, but now I get a Illum notification from the Fibaro every 4 Lux changes, or 2,5 minutes. Thea AEOTEC still reports Illum every hour...
    Temp is ... Variable...?

• ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited May 2016
    better logic isnt working, unable to save new values
This discussion has been closed.