This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

(z-wave) Fakro window opener, integration with Homey

JonJon Member
hi all,
I have a Fakro roof window + z-wave window opener which is already controlled with a working z-wave remote. So I guess that I can say that there is already a Z-wave network  (although a small one) running in my house.
Now I'd like to insert Homey as a 2nd controller/remote so I can control the window opener from within a 'flow'.
(i know of the current z-wave implementation problems but my question is more 'in general').
How do I practically add Homey as a controller in this existing network? Somebody who knows the steps for this (perhaps from experience with Vera or another domotica controller)?

Comments

• JonJon Member
    Anyone who can tell more on this subject? ;)
  • JonJon Member
    edited May 2016
    Another try.
    caseda or @taco) able to say a little bit more on this issue?
    Attached is a page from the user manual of the z-wave remote (of Fakro), which explains about adding a 2nd remote control to the Z-wave network.
    The thing is: it assumes that this 2nd remote control is the same Fakro device as the 1st. So how should i read this explanation when I want Homey to be the 2nd remote control?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    It seems like the "ZWK10" wall controller. is not a full fledged controller. (like a homey/vera/fibaro controller)
    but is just a normal device that can work together with other devices. so it is more like a normal z-wave button panel.
    (for example: the fibaro motion sensor or the aeon multi sensor can control z-wave lights without homey's flows.)

So if you want to add homey, you need to think the other way around and add the button panel as a device to homey.
    but i can't find the protocol it is using so i am not sure it can be added propperly (yet) or even at all.
  • JonJon Member
    @Caseda, thanks for the feedback. But ehm... from the very early start of Homey (Kickstarter page) it was mentioned that Fakro would be supported. It even has Fakro's logo on the Kickstarter campaign page.
    And now you're suggesting that Fakro can't perhaps even be added at all....?? :# :'(
  • casedacaseda Member
    i don't know the entire athom website. like they have the zigbee protocol on the website as well but not implemented yet..
    the only way to find out if it is being able to be added, is to just try it out.

please don't forget, i don't work for or at athom, this is just a hobby, fiddling around with the technology of tomorrow <3
  • JonJon Member
    @caseda Sorry, I was under the impression that you work for Athom (from the 'Member' at your name here). But anyway, perhaps someone from Athom themselves (@taco) can help me a bit further?
  • casedacaseda Member
    people that work for athom, have athom behind their name. member = just a normal member (never assigned to a group, like super early bird).
    just a normal pre-order [beta] guy here :)
  • casedacaseda Member
    try this to add it to homey (it's "kinda" in the manual, page 9)
    start inside homey the add z-wave device.
    after that's started, triple click (3x) the in/ex button in the wall controller, this should add the controller as a "2nd device" to homey.
    it not actually a "second device" like stated in the manual then, but just a normal z-wave button panel with already configured parameters inside it.

I don't know however if these settings stay inside the wall controller. or if you need to add the other devices (rain meter/sun meter etc) as well as a device. (and/or add their ID's to their respective spot inside the button panel configuration, or use homey to control it all together (that's gonna be a lot of flows i guess))
    that's something @Taco should be able to answer.
  • TacoTaco Member
    I can't find the supported command classes of the wall controller but with a quick search I found the actuators support the Multilevel Switch command class. Devices supporting the Multilevel Switch command class can be controlled with Homey.
  • JonJon Member
    Thanks @Taco ! With actuator you probably mean the window opener itself?
    Could you quickly elaborate (with the user manual) which steps I should follow to add the opener to Homey?
  • TacoTaco Member
    See 3. Snelle Start
This discussion has been closed.