This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Yes, Zwave-reception has got better for my fibaro motion-sensor. It just started working being a couple meters outside in de the garden...
  • MwahhhMwahhh Member
    Why won't my Homey update to 0.8.34? Allready plugged of the power and rebooted a couple of times.. Experimental updates on of course ;)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Just turn "updates" off, switch to another page and go back to updates.
  • MwahhhMwahhh Member
    Weird.. allready tried it a couple of times because of your comment before, but it works now :) Thanks!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited May 2016
    I am now (~50% of my voice-triggers) experiencing a significant higher delay between my "ok homey" command and the LED-indicator that homey is listening. It is now about 2-4 seconds (before .34 it was almost instant). Is anyone having the same issue?

Note: The issue seems only to affect the LED-Indicator. The voicerecognition is working fine. I can ask homey something right after the trigger and it understands it without showing the indicator.
  • Looks like 0.8.34 breaks the Weather Underground app at this point in time. https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21916/#Comment_21916
    See my comment in the thread
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    kaku stopped working over here with this firmware
  • Any Idea on when the voice recognition will do more the just tell the time or turn my lights on/off?

Even dead simple things like "test" are not recognized..
  • markmg said:
    Same here, had to reinstall the app.
  • markmg said:
    Kaku works over here, also after the update to 0.8.34. Do you have unplug the power for a minute of 5?
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Somfy not working, also not after full clean istall :(
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    No problem with KaKu, really love the new slider on the dimmer... Also on the Lifx-cards :) As reported above, the Zwave-range (battery-powered) has gotten much better. Unfortunately battery suddenly drops (but it could also be data finally coming trough correctly)...
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    thanks after reinstall kaku is working again 

somfy also for me not working anymore, tried everyting reboot reinstall putting homey next to the blinds, powering off.
    had it from 0.8.32 somfy dead  :'(

• ReflowReflow Member
    Kaku is some kind of broken indeed. When pressing my kaku doorbell, homey repeats the "then" card by 20 times. So 20 times a mp3 and 20 push notifications.. Already reinstalled the kaku app and held Homey for 5 minutes from the power without success. So kaku works but wrongly :(
  • JesperJesper Member
    Update went smoothly. KaKu works again after unplugging Homey for several minutes (no need to reinstal the app).

The only thing is that my fibaro motion sensor v3.2 has a continously generic alarm. Furthermore, I'm  not able to change the settings (association group, z-wave wake up time etc) for the fibaro motion sensor. Anyone else experiencing the same problems with the fibaro motionsensor?

Love the new dimmer slider in the app.
  • Not the motionsensor, but my V2 smooksensor. Can not change z-wave sensor settings and no values at all, even after removing and adding again. For some reason the wake-up intervall can not be changed lower then 4200 sec and other settings can not change at all. Get error. I unplugged my homey for a few days because had to reboot ik every 48 hours. For testing a mysensors app, i plugged it in again and today installed new firmware. If i can't get it better this weekend i will unplug it again. Can not use my iPhone to control devices. Page stays empty in ios app and also in browser.
  • Saving settings from apps settings pages is broken in https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/600
  • fiekfiek Member
    Hi all,

Updated to 0.8.34 en both KAKU and Hue not working. I tried the following:

- removing en reinstalling apps
    - Homey restart
    - unplugged the power cord for half an hour
    - Complete reset en setup of homey

After the reset it was not possible to add sockets or remotes. Also adding the HUE lights was not possible

Any suggestions?
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited May 2016
    LightwaveRF and Somfy is not working any more the only two thing what worked for me. I have to install Linux to get the 0.8.32 back. Z-wave range haven`t improved, the signal is lost at the very same spot, 4.2m indoor, same floor no wall z-wave plus (I have no mains powered Z-wave nodes). I have already done several reboots.

Note1: I could re-add the Somfy blinds but it controls only one of them. After reboot not even that works.
    Note2: The flow list has a scroll bar but it is hard to get rid of that drop down list (which you wish to do if you need the card underneath the list).
    This one is definitely not a stable firmware. If you haven`t installed it and you are indecisive, than don`t do install it, no major visible improvements. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    OK, so for the people that want to change any parameters in their Z-Wave devices because it doesn't work inside the configuration popup.
    You are able to change the parameters with flows, they will not show up inside the configuration popup, but will be saved in the device.
    (even if you delete the flow afterward)
    little bit cumbersome, but atleast it works until fixed
  • @caseda ;
    can you give an example of changing the setting in a flow?
    New to me.....

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016

The time trigger is just a place holder so you can click the test button.
    In this example i'm changing the parameter 42 (lux time threshold) to 300 seconds of my fibaro motion sensor
    (doing this to see if the byteflip bug has been fixed, will tell more when results are in :)
    You can add multiple parameters by just adding more cards, or just change the parameter in 1 card.
    Then just press the "Test" button, and wake up your device to speed up the configuration.
  • caseda said:

The time trigger is just a place holder so you can click the test button.
    In this example i'm changing the parameter 42 (lux time threshold) to 300 seconds of my fibaro motion sensor
    (doing this to see if the byteflip bug has been fixed, will tell more when results are in :)
    You can add multiple parameters by just adding more cards, or just change the parameter in 1 card.
    Then just press the "Test" button, and wake up your device to speed up the configuration.
    THNX, will give it a try!
  • casedacaseda Member
    YAY, the byteflip bug has been solved, you can change timings now to their normal second count.
    Tested with parameter 6 (fibaro motion sensor v2.7) to 20 seconds and the alarm turns off properly after these 20 seconds (instead of the default 30 seconds).
    Now just testing with the other parameters to be sure if logging is affected as well.
  • caseda said:
    YAY, the byteflip bug has been solved, you can change timings now to their normal second count.
    Tested with parameter 6 (fibaro motion sensor v2.7) to 20 seconds and the alarm turns off properly after these 20 seconds (instead of the default 30 seconds).
    Now just testing with the other parameters to be sure if logging is affected as well.
    Looking forward to your settings.
    I'm trying to get it to work...
    AEOTEC is next... Had to reset it and it is now in his box to "cool down" 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    So i found a bug in the new Hue app (v0.9.15). 
    It will give the console error "invalid_type_for_capability_light_mode" if you try to open the config popup and the colormode of that bulb is in xy colormode.
    (there are 3 modes, xy (Coordinate Color Value), ct (Color Temperature = Warm white <-> Cold White) and hs (Hue and Saturation).

So i think Athom forgot one of the colormode options in the hue app. (homey hue app only uses hs and ct colormodes itself)

It is fixable by changing the colormode with the hue app on your phone/tablet by change color to either a Color Temperature or using the Hue and Saturation way to change color (which is the NOT the default way the official hue app changes color, it uses xy)
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    @caseda: I think there's more going on then just the one colormode.
    When I open  the card for one of my LivingWhites plugs, I get 'invalid_type_for_capability_dim'
    When I open the card for my Fibaro Smoke sensor, I get 'invalid_type_for_capability_alarm_smoke'
    When I open the card for my Fibaro Relay, I get 'taskfailed_for_capability_onoff'

I see a pattern here  ;)

• I'm still on 0.8.32 and I can't see the update. I've already restarted Homey but no update shows up. Anyone got an idea?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @btwvince ;
    1. Uncheck the "Automatic Install Updates" option.
    2. Go to another settings page
    3. Come back to the update page and it should be there.
  • caseda said:
    @btwvince ;
    1. Uncheck the "Automatic Install Updates" option.
    2. Go to another settings page
    3. Come back to the update page and it should be there.
    Thanks for the fast respond! In meantime I've already tried that and indeed it works :)
This discussion has been closed.