This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• The next Friday mentioned was last Friday ;)

• ReflowReflow Member

Lets wait a few days, perhaps the next update will be "Good news, the first batch has been shipped" :D All I can hope is that I get Homey within or before my vacation (17 aug - 6 sep)!

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

I hope we make the 3rd or 4th week of August for the first batch. We're basically waiting for some manufacturers :)

• Well thats good and a little bad news. Cannot wait to welcome homey in my house. Did you guys fix the issue? Any other issues you came across.

No worries about the delay. Those things happen! I cannot wait, but i will wait ;-)

• Little confusing: it was stated, we can ship but have found an issue if flashing Homey. Now it says waiting for some manufactures. Is that because you have to replace a part in order to fix the flashing issue?

Yep, a hardware change was nescessary. And the packaging design got delayed a little bit as well.

• @Emile, thx for the additional info. That will be october then for me because i'm not a early backer...wiping a tear off my face.... But then again, my kids will be happy because i can spend more time with my kids during the holiday ....... ;)

• Lol @kasteleman

True for me also. Will be on holiday in September so looking forward in receiving the Homey after that.
    On the positive note: after this delay the chance of getting another delay will be small! :-D

• djeskodjesko Member

RobinVanKekem said:
    Lol @kasteleman

True for me also. Will be on holiday in September so looking forward in receiving the Homey after that.
    On the positive note: after this delay the chance of getting another delay will be small! :-D

+1

• ReflowReflow Member

kasteleman said:
    @Emile, thx for the additional info. That will be october then for me because i'm not a early backer...wiping a tear off my face.... But then again, my kids will be happy because i can spend more time with my kids during the holiday ....... ;)

Why October? As far as i know Emile stated once that the (very) early backers are last which receive Homey because they got Homey for €179-199,- and the other backers payed more, so i guess the pre-orders also have the right to receive it a little bit earlier since we paid €299,- or even more for the geek update. So perhaps we get it the same time as the geekers? Even better maybe their shipment batches are larger then expected..

• Hmmm, don't know about that. We wait and sea....Think a lot off people are first in receiving their preorder because i ordered mine a month ago. Don't have a clue how large their batches will be....

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited July 2015

HarryBuurman said:
    The next Friday mentioned was last Friday ;)

The next friday after 19 july was friday 24 july. 6-8 weeks without updates is long....

@reflow:
    If Athom ships on your proposal, then early birds never will receive there homey...

Preorder are outside the kickstarter scope, so i definetly believe we get our homey earlier then preorder.

I hope homey to receive in October, every day earlier is a small party :D

And with the hard/soft ware problems I won't expect is before end september and I hope all bugs are smashed :)

• ReflowReflow Member
    edited July 2015

We expect/hope to deliver on the following times:
    Super backer + First batch: Mid July
    Geek: Beginning of august
    Regular: Mid august
    (Very) Early birds: End august

>

Thats what Emile posted a while ago. I guess pre-order are belong to category Regular? Otherwise it means that when i transfer another €10,- to become a Geek edition i get Homey earlier? And Stefan told me by email that pre-orders are getting them around end august.

• Pre-order are no kickstarter orders.
    It would be a shame if pre-orders are delivered before all Kickstarter backers receive their Homey.
    I'm a Super Early Bird backer, I don't even understand why I'm receiving later than regular.
    If you read the campaign and backer levels carefully you'll see that First batch (Apr) and Geek (May) are first and that there is no distinction between regular (€ 229), ALSO-SUPER-BUT-A-LITTLE-BIT-LATER EARLY BIRD (€ 199) and SUPER EARLY BIRD (€ 179) when it comes to Estimated Delivery date (All June 2015)

Pre-orders through our website will be shipped when all Kickstarter orders are fulfilled :)

They will be sent according to order date, regardless of a geek edition or not, but I expect that we can ship most of them at once.

• Emile said:
    Pre-orders through our website will be shipped when all Kickstarter orders are fulfilled :)

They will be sent according to order date, regardless of a geek edition or not, but I expect that we can ship most of them at once.

Whoehoe! That would be excellent!
    Great news! Hopefully it will be!

• Does backer = super backer?

• ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited July 2015

Emile said:
    They will be sent according to order date, regardless of a geek edition or not,****** but I expect that we can ship most of them at once.********

Awsome emile !!

(pre-ordered 13-04-2015 :) )

• @emile still think the first batch will be shipped in week 34 or 35 ?

• Pre-ordered 17/6/2015

• Received@28-05-2014;

Athom says:
    Hi Marco!

Thank you so much for backing! ♥ We really need these first backers, so hopefully you just helped us in reaching the goal!

Love,

Stefan & Emile

Hope to have it installed 20 month after this email :)

• Hi All,

Newbie Here, Awesome product from the Demo's, i have been waiting for something like this for a while now. Not sure if my Wife will like it if Homey starts calling me Master ;) (cant wait). Anyway Thank you again and cant wait for Homey but it might be a while since i placed the order 2 days ago :-/

Still confused when is the 1st batch released?

• First batch of ~20 will be send in week 3 or 4 of august ( source: emile and kickstarter message).

Hopefully the end of week 4, or the first week of september :)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2015

Another 1-2 weeks delay?! Still problems on the bricking issue?

We had a jack detect issue. Basically Homey wouldn't shut up when you plugged in an external speaker ;p

• Emile said:
    We had a jack detect issue. Basically Homey wouldn't shut up when you plugged in an external speaker ;p

Whoops.... Nice catch!

• Lol.

Recovery procedure is solved then?

Yep! Chances of bricking a Homey are basically non-existent now :)

• Congrats!!

This discussion has been closed.